“Langham Boston”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Hernando, Florida
“Langham Boston”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

We booked a weekend stay at the Langham Boston and found it to exceed our expectations. The room had a queen size bed with bathrobes and slippers.The towels were soft and of great bath size. The facility has a health club and swimming pool. Check in was very easy and fast. Valet parking had trouble parking my truck due to the height but kept it secure under the main alcove. Staff was very pleasant

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (346)
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

Love the location, décor, smell of the lobby when you walked in, loved the location, the cute pink car, nice turndown service, bathroom amenities...but if you're a business traveler, forget this hotel. I was at a conference and spent hours one night trying to respond to work email. It got so bad, I was up until 2am trying to have emails get out of my Outbox. When I didn't see it happening, I upgraded to the premium internet which wasn't much better. I called downstairs and told them I paid $18 to upgrade my internet speed and it still wasn't working. I really didn't care about the refund...just wanted to get two necessary projects out the door. As a result of this problem, I ended up missing a lovely dinner held by the company that arranged the business event. Front desk gave me a toll-free number, but this really isn't the answer. Spent a second night up till 1:30am having completely emails hang in the Langham hotel cyper space.

I also agree with another reviewer...no rooms next to the elevator. I was on the 8th floor...835 and heard constant noise all night. In addition, on my first day, someone from the hotel staff entered my room while I was in the room working on "email." When she realized I was in the room, she scurried away quickly. I left the room and asked her why she was entering my room, who she was and she had no explanation other than she thought the room was empty??? I called downstairs expecting a follow-up. I was able to give them my name, etc. and they were able to verify who is was...but why was she coming into my room when I had checked in 3 hours earlier...why take off and not introduce yourself? Maybe she stole my internet connection :-) No one ever followed-up...I eventually did and the person I talked with said there were notes in my file they had followed up and she should have knocked...yes, but she should have also stated why she was entering my room too...and she should not have taken off. I was disappointed in the lack of follow-up, service, lack of a restful night and being able to get my work done... Also, when I asked for milk to go with my tea during the conference during breakfast, I was told that it was at the buffet. We were in the midst of a table discussion...had high expectations and was excited to stay there...but disappointed.

Room Tip: Only stay here if you want to be disconnected from the rest of the world...if unplugging is what you...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank Judy3720
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

My family and my friend's had a trip in Boston in Memorial Day weekend, and we stayed Langham for 3 days. The hotel is clean, spacious and staff is friendly and helpful. They always smile.

The day we checked in was also my birthday so we were upgrade to the room with king-sized bed and this room is spacious. My friend was staying the room with queen-sized bed, however, their room was at 7-floor so they had a good view of city. They were also happy to stay in that room.

We all had a good time there and hope we can visit this city again soon.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Irene H
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

I don't really know why Im doing this review: this hotel does not need a recommendation from anyone.
Im sure its reputation goes before it.
As you will know from my other reviews, Im not that easy to please.
Try as I might, I could not find anything negative to say.
From the moment we turned up in pouring rain, when we were met with a commissionaire wielding a large umbrella, who took care of our car and luggage whilst we were checking in, to the way they looked after our luggage on the last day after check out as we had a late flight, and even offered the services in the spa for us to freshen up, everything was excellent.
The hotel itself is a converted bank, and many of the old features have been retained, but the whole ambience is one of quiet opulence, but with an accent on SERVICE.
Our room was lovely, overlooking a little park. We had a locked minibar, and a 'pantry' of goodies like nuts and chocolate. The coffee machine made a lovely cup of tea (and uniquely, there was tea on the tray) AND there was a nice mug AND A METAL TEASPOON as opposed to the bits of plastic for stirring that we had grown used to.
The bed linen was elegant, the fluffy bath robes very fluffy, the toiletries straight from the hotel spa.
The quality of furniture in the room and maintenance of it and the furnishings and paintwork was excellent, and the standard of cleanliness was sublime.
I did look for a negative, but honestly couldn't find one!
Go there!

Room Tip: Our room was on the park side, the low 400s, and the view was nice.
3 Thank Meg107
Atlanta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

My first impression upon walking into the lobby was cold, stark and impersonal. Off putting.

But our room was fabulous! Everything was pretty and in order, including the robes and slippers.

I see where others have bragged on the service so maybe we were just there at the wrong time. The girl who waited on us for lunch in the lobby restaurant must have been having a very bad day because she was hardly civil to us. She never smiled and we could hardly hear her. Clearly she did not want to be there. Again – off putting.

We had just spent 4 days at a Maine B&B where we had generous amounts of free homemade goodies so imagine my shock and surprise to see a $6 price tag on a bottle of water in the room.

I’ve stayed in large city hotels many times and I realize they nickel and dime you. It’s one thing to charge $5.75 for a little bottle of gingerale from the mini bar but it’s just rude to charge $6 for water. I'm sorry, but come on!

New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

Located right in the business district this is a great choice for business travelers. I stayed there for a night and the room was excellent. The staff at the lobby (from the concierge to the bell boy) were very helpful. This hotel is very close to plenty of eateries and accessible via public transportation.

The only annoying thing was that they stocked the room with FIJI water - $6 a pop. How many people would want to support global warming by paying a few extra bucks for a bottle of water flown from the other side of the globe?

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank travelpro1918
Boston
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

The hotel is located in the old Federal Reserve building in Boston. It has a beautifully done interior and is very well kept. The room was adequate but a bit noisy for a top tier hotel. The staff was very courteous and attentive. Overall a good place to stay.

• Stayed June 2014