“great location high end boutique style hotel”

The Langham, Boston
Ranked #18 of 84 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 29 July 2014

wasn't sure what to expect but pleasantly surprised on this refurbished hotel I heard it used to be a bank?? reasonable sized rooms very curtious an progressional staff what you would expect at ultra high end hotels cool bar next to the lobby and if you like a bar with a great decor try out the bond bar very cool! easy walking to local attractions and short cab to anywhere else but if you can take a free ride in the hotels pink london style limo very cool hotel

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 28 July 2014

I followed the tips given on our site and our stay was great. First the front desk person tried to put us in the little room on the 5th floor mentioned in the tips. l stated that the room was making me feel claustrophobic and we the front desk person Lucille was great she gave us a tour of a couple
of rooms. We settled on room 502 it was larger and had a view of the pool and workout area so we knew when to use them. The hotel is beautiful and room was beyond clean. The place has a kind of Ritzzy atmosphere but the staff is really nice with no airs. The other great thing is the parking across the street at Post of office Square. You park yourself three days cost us 63.00.

Room Tip: Don't take room 515,517 they are small as stated by others 502 was nice but view is of pool and...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RubenNewyork
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Great 4 day stay at the Langham.

The service from everyone was among the best I have ever had at any property I have stayed. From the front desk to the concierge to the doormen, it was top notch. They made you feel like you were the most important people on Earth. I wish I could remember names so that I could give them personal credit.

The location was great as well. Right in the middle of the financial district within walking distance to everything you want to do in Boston. The hotel even has a little pink car that you can get a ride from which is neat.

Great history as well with the building. Maybe not the newest upscale rooms as they are more geared to the elegant and unique.

I thoroughly enjoyed my trip. One of the best hotels I have stayed at.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Stayed here for a long weekend in April. Upon arrival the first impression was very good, the staff were polite and welcoming and the decor in the lobby was beautiful. The facilities are good, it's nice to have the pool and gym, and the location is convenient.
We were however disappointed by the room, the lovely decor in the common areas does not carry through into the rooms, which look like the haven't been redone for at least 20 years.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Elibel_2017
Reviewed 25 July 2014

The Langham is very convenient as it is very near to the areas where you need to visit. We were looking forward to staying here and were not disappointed. The staff on duty were very pleasant.
Lovely bedroom, comfortable bed, plenty of space, bathroom clean and tidy. Our room was in the corridor away from the lifts, and the room looked over the swimming pool roof. We had breakfast in the restaurant. Have a look around in the rooms at the area near the staircase as you leave the breakfast restaurant. Lovely swimming pool which we used once.

Room Tip: Avoid being near the lifts/elevators
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MichaelAngelo00
Reviewed 24 July 2014

The doormen and the concierge were so knowledgeable, cheerful and helpful. The hotel is beautiful, clean, with a very comfortable bed, no noise, good location, so if you are willing to pay for it go for it.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank DT12345
Reviewed 24 July 2014

My Dearest’s work has taken us to Boston for several recent weeks. We stayed again at the Langham Hotel. Overall the rooms at the Langham still fall short of my expectations. They tend to be small and cramped with indifferent furnishings, tired art on the walls, and single ply toilet paper. Despite these shortcomings the Langham has grown on me – at least a bit. Here’s why:

1. The guest service is outstanding. Virtually every staff member I met went out of his or her way to make me feel special. (I am special and like to be treated that way!) The team at the Café Fleuri did a super job anticipating my needs. Whenever I called the housekeeping people, they appeared at my door on a moment’s notice to handle urgent cleaning and pressing jobs. The hotel rooms have new coffee machines. I wanted a cup of coffee at 5:00 am one morning. I couldn’t get the new machine to work and called the operator for help. Within two minutes a charming gentleman arrived to show me how to extract coffee from the new machines. At many hotels senior staff imagine that guest service is beneath them. Not here! On several occasions individuals whose attire and demeanour screamed senior management stopped whatever they were doing to help me.

2. Bond is a great spot for a casual dinner – except early on Thursday and Friday nights when the after work crowd swarms the place. The menu is full of nice things to eat with lots of different cuisines and both traditional and creative dishes. Whatever my appetite, there are always appealing choices. The menu just added a really tasty gazpacho. The salads are fresh and imaginative. The lobster sliders are my personal favourite, and the rabbi no longer argues with me when I tell him they are kosher. The staff at Bond perfectly balance a warm welcome with professional service. When My Dearest has a work dinner, they go out of their way to make me feel comfortable dining alone.

3. The off-putting black soap in the bathrooms is gone!

The Langham Boston is not a resort or a stylish boutique property. It is a well-run, spotlessly clean, and pleasant businessperson’s hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business