“Return home after 8 years.”

The Langham, Boston
Ranked #18 of 83 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersBronze level
San Jose, California
“Return home after 8 years.”
Reviewed 31 August 2010

My wife and I recently visited Boston for a re-visit to my old home town. We were very fortunate to have stayed at the LANGHAM HOTEL located in the financial district. This hotel,although located in a business district ,was so conveniet to all the restaurants,pubs,Fanuel Hall,Historical sites,and tourist attractions. The hotel staff were excellent in their friendship and professionalism. My thanks to the Concierge sect. staff,DAN, LINCOLN, and DANIELLE. They made resv. at very good restaurants @ very busy times for us that saved us long waits inline. Vast knowledge of where,what and when. Our room was a DLX Queen on the 6th floor. Bath quite large and room very adequate for us. Bed was comfy and even came w/turndown svc. and chocolates. Room cleanliness was excellent. All of are online request were met.( Hotel,s Resv. website)

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (352)
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 August 2010

Myself and my partner were traveling around the East coast and were staying in Boston for 2 nights. Neither of us had ever been to a baseball match so we decided to ask the concierge the best place to buy them. He was very happy to tell us that he could get us tickets. We thought the tickets were very expensive but decided to go anyway. We met a "vendor" outside the Red Sox stadium and handed over the money. The tickets cost approx $15 each we handed over approx $150!!! We complained to the hotel and they didn't want to know. If you want to go to the game buy them outside the game or print them off yourself.
This incident spoiled our view of Boston.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
Philadelphia
Reviewed 25 August 2010

My wife and I booked the hotel last minute through a discount website that only tells you the name of the hotel after you purchase the rooms. The building used to be the old federal building that they converted. We arrived around 4pm and check in was smooth. Our room was on the top floor and our outside wall was sloped in and all windows. The rooms were small, but the location was perfect. We were less than five minutes from all Faniel Hall and the warf. I would definately stay here again but would not pay the full price that they ask for on their website.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed 18 August 2010

My husband and I got a great deal on this hotel and we loved it. Within walking distance to Little Italy, Quincy Market, and so many good restaurants. The concierge was the BEST, the recomended restaurants, helped us get tickets to the baseball game (paid face value) for field box seats - 5 rows up, connected us to a rental car on short notice and overall polite and friendly. The room was nice, not your traditional hotel room and the buidling is old but updated. We arrived around 130pm and the room wouldn't be ready until 3pm but they upgraded us and we were more than happy to go out and start exploring. The first night they offered turn down service with the following days weather details. We always put the do not disturb sign on the door for our full stay so that was the last we saw of them. The first nigh, Friday, t we visited their lounge - BOND - busy spot but we got in with now worries and able to get drinks and watch the activities of the other patrons, trendy bar. On checkout day, our flight wasn't until 5pm, so we were allowed to stay in the room until 2pm (normal checkout is 1pm) which was fine, they said the hotel was booked. Certainly nothing to get upset about.
Overall GREAT SERVICE, PRICE, and LOCATION...would stay again!!!

1 Thank KLB1974
Glocester, Rhode Island
Reviewed 17 August 2010

My husband and I stayed here for a 30th anniversary getaway, and could not have been more pleased. From check-in to check-out we were treated like honored guests. Our room was upgraded, and management sent up lovely chocolate-covered strawberries and sparkling lemonade.

Our room was very well-appointed and immaculately clean, and we had a view of the lovely park next door. In addition to the usual bath amenities, there were two fluffy robes and two pairs of slippers, as well as a neat box of items often forgotten for nail care, shaving, etc. There is turndown service every evening, including a couple of chocolates.

The concierge service should get special mention for outstanding service. The personable concierges were always helpful, whether it meant finding an address, giving directions, or locating a lost jacket. When we asked where to get a Charlie card (to ride the T), we were handed a card with fares on it!

The pool is good - not huge, but big enough to swim laps, and set at a comfortable temperature. The ladders are a bit high, so getting in or out may be difficult for anyone with knee problems. But another plus - there are mats ringing the pool so that you will not slip! I haven't seen this elsewhere, but it certainly seems like something ALL pools should have.

We'd definitely stay here again!

Reviewed 15 August 2010

First of all let me start by saying the actual hotel is beautiful. That being said, I would like to complain about how rude management is. I attending a wedding on saturday and after the reception we tried to go to bond, the bar inside the hotel. We were told we were not in appropriate attire, bc we were all dressed up however after dancing in heels for 4 hrs were wearing flip flops. Instead of explaining to us why we were flat out told by the roid head manager that we were not going to be let in. Of course this did not go over to well. We were guest at the wedding and we were guest at the hotel. After talking with the bar manager we were told we were a threat to the club bc of a comment he hard us say and that there was no way we were going to get in so we should "just go to bed". When I tried to complain to the manager of the hotel I was met with the same rudeness and arrogance. While I was trying to voice my opinion, he was blatanly ignoring me and continued to go on with his nightly duties as if I was not there. I was talked down to as if I was a child. And basically he did not provide me any explanation for why he or the bond manager were rude. I guess 205 per night to stay here does not include being respected. I would not recomend staying here.

• Stayed August 2010
4 Thank dana713
Cayman Islands
Reviewed 14 August 2010

I stayed at the Langham on two occasions. Two years ago it would have gotten a fairly good review, mainly because the bathroom was spacious, I had a King size bed and the rates were fairly good.

On my most recent trip the cost of the room was high, and really did not represent good value for money in my opinion. First there was no flat screen TV. I had a Queen size bed and the cost of the upgrade was $55 extra per night for a King. In addition, the bathroom was small and seemed a bit dated.

However, the spa and workout area is absolutely fabulous and might be one of the best I've ever seen. This was probably why the rates seemed a bit hike for me.

It's about a 15 minute walk to Fanueil Hall, and the location is fairly good.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled solo