“Favorite Boston hotel”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Memphis, Tennessee
“Favorite Boston hotel”
Reviewed 10 October 2012

First of all, you can't beat the location: steps from Faneuil Hall, the Freedom Trail, and the harbor. It's moderately expensive, but seems reasonably priced in a city and given its comfortable rooms and bathrooms, as well as its location. I have stayed there a number of times, and the service at the front desk and especially at the front door and with the valet parking is very polite and pleasant. There are also small, quiet rooftop decks on each floor. Nice to sip on a glass of wine and read a book out there on a pretty day. I've always had it to myself.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking Faneuil Hall. It's a bit more expensive, but worth it. The rooms fa...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
RobertRivers, General Manager at The Bostonian Boston, responded to this review, 12 October 2012
Dear Contributor,

We appreciate your recent visit to Millennium Bostonian Hotel and treasure your product, service and location related comments.

Our team, and company, are committed to insuring that the Bostonian staff is focused on the guest experience at all times. Your evaluation identifies that our efforts are recognized and an important criteria at achieving guest satisfaction. Certainly, I have already shared your comments with our team and that you offered a 5 rating in each category.

We again thank you for your comments and look forward to your next visit.

Robert Rivers
rrivers@mill-usa.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (351)
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
St. John's, Canada
Reviewed 9 October 2012

My husband and I celebrated our first anniversary in Boston. I am so glad we stayed at the Bostonian. Our room was overlooking Quincy Market; being able to watch the crowds from our balcony in the evenings or mornings was a great start/end to the day. The location cannot be beat. We were surprised one evening when we came back from supper and there was a bottle of champagne, chocolate covered strawberries and a wonderful personalized card from the General Manager congratulating us on our anniversary. I have never felt so taken care of by hotel staff.

The rooms themselves are great and the shower is better than any other hotel I've stayed in. Picture a spacious stall equipped with alternating shower heads with multiple pressure settings. Being able to hop in there after a long, humid day of sightseeing was a treat. A/C worked perfectly, turn down service every night, luxe toiletries, safe in closet, tasty room service, etc.

You can't go wrong with this place.

Room Tip: It can get a little noisy Friday nights due to the buskers at Quincy; it would normally quiet down b...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 October 2012

We stayed at the Millennium Bostonian over our long Thanksgiving weekend (from Canada). The location was great. We were maybe 5 minutes walk from a subway station...1 minute walk to Qunicy Market and the surrounding shops.
The staff was very friendly and helpful.
Our room (#437) was nice and out of the way (thankfully as there was a wedding reception in one of the halls on the 4th floor).
If I wanted to stay in the Qunicy Market area, I would definitely stay here again :)

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LK1975TO
North Andover, Massachusetts
Reviewed 8 October 2012

My husband and I stayed at the millennium.We had a wonderful day walking around Fanuiell Hall and Quincy Market.There was so much to do and many great restaurants.We had a spacious room with a balcony.The staff at the front desk were very friendly and professional.I,m always looking for specials online to stay again!!!!

Room Tip: Rooms with balconies are spacious,and it's always nice to get fresh air and sit near an open win...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 8 October 2012

I have to start by saying everyone we worked with at the hotel was lovely and really wanted to make our stay enjoyable. We had booked a Penthouse Suite, arrived at 1pm and were quickly checked in. The suite was very nice – not the one in the photos – but sizable with a great bathroom and lots of windows. The website says that the suites are accessed by a separate elevator – which is true. You have to take the lobby elevator to the 7th floor, and then weave through a few halls to another elevator to the 8th floor. Not difficult to find, but not directly accessed. The website also refers to the suites as secluded. This is absolutely true. The wireless internet access did not reach to our room and the hard-wired access was not working (btw internet access is $9.99 per day). Since this was a week day trip internet access was a must, the hotel quickly found us another room – but not a Penthouse Suite. The new room was a supposed “upgrade” but on the third floor over the ballroom and very noisy. The upgrade must have been the connected room with a conference room table – not something we needed. The internet worked great.

Still a great stay if you want to be in a central location. I wouldn’t have booked it for this room as I like to have a lot of windows an feel like I’m in the city even inside the room. We couldn’t ever leave the balcony doors open due to the outside street noise.

The hotel did give us a discount and everyone was very helpful in getting us moved to the new room. But I would not book again unless the Penthouse Suite had reliable internet.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank travelmizen
Bloomington, IL
Reviewed 7 October 2012

It would be hard to go wrong with this hotel. The location is excellent: you are within a 15 minute walk of much of downtown Boston. The rooms are of average size and comfort. It's not a large hotel, so I rarely had to wait for more than 30 seconds for an elevator. The room was average in size and comfortable. The bathroom was also average in size. As far as complaints, they are few: the bed wasn't as comfrotable as I would have liked, but it wasn't too bad. The selection of tv channels wasn't as large as most other hotels. There are no ice machines on the floor, so you have to call for someone to deliver ice. -- These were minor flaws. The staff were very friendly. Overall, I enjoyed my stay in this hotel and would happily stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed 6 October 2012

You really can't beat the location of the hotel... It's literally next to Fanueil Hall. However, this was a pricey hotel. Our room got no sunlight and stares into a wall of another building. Staff was not very helpful and one of the receptionist has a shilling voice. It would have been an ok hotel if it wants 300 dollars a night - really not worth it at all.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
RobertRivers, General Manager at The Bostonian Boston, responded to this review, 9 October 2012
Dear Contributor,

Thank you for your review and we are disappointed that your overall impression was less than what is normally realized by our guests'.

Millennium Bostonian offers guest rooms with historic Custom Tower, Faneuil Hall and Quincy Market views as well as the intricate alleyways of the Blackstone Block and is unfortunate that allternate room assignments were not available. Your review rated Location and Cleanliness with high marks and we appreciate your recognition of these value driven services.

Whille I cannot alter your past stay, I offer my direct contact information if I can ever assist with your accommodations in Boston.

Robert Rivers