“Very convenient hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Brussels, Belgium
“Very convenient hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2013

This hotel is very well located next to Faneuil Hall. Very nice looking lobby which let's you believe the rooms are equally "trendy"... Unfortunately they are not. Due to the used colours, they look a bit dull.
Excellent large shower (though more water pressure is desperately needed)! Large comfortable bed. Really nice.
Careful with the room choice, though. We had room 738: right above the big fans of the air conditioning system; if you like to have a buzzing noise to fall asleep (like my partner does), then you'll find this room very good. If not... change room.
The gym is ok to help you out in need: 5 cardio machines and some free weights.

Special mention for the staff: they are very very friendly!!!!! From the door men over the reception staff to the cleaning staff. Thank you very much.

I will certainly stay here again!

Room Tip: 738: noisy room due to fans of air conditioning.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
RobertRivers, General Manager at The Bostonian Boston, responded to this review, 16 July 2013
Dear Belgium,

Thank you for selecting Millennium Bostonian Hotel while visiting America's Walking City and we value your comments.

The historical nature of our hotel is difficult to preserve and the recent renovation design team selected varying earth tones in warm soft colors. WIth that said, I agree that with some updates in 2014 that a splash of color will enhance the overall room package and we recognize your comment.

I hope that your travel plans might again include Boston in the future, and I welcome the opportunity to personally your accommodations.

Again, thank you,

Robert Rivers
robert.rivers@mill-usa.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (328)
  • Turkish first
California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel with out two daughters (11 and 8). The hotel is right across from Faneuil Hall and within walking distance to most major attractions and many excellent restaurants. The hotel staff is very friendly and the rooms are spacious and very clean. The gym is small, but functional with a few treadmills, ellipticals and free weights. The first night we stayed on the 8th floor which was just beautiful and then we were moved to adjoining rooms on the 4th floor due to a mixup by the hotel, but the rooms and views were just as nice (corner rooms). I have to say they were very gracious in accepting responsibility for the error and trying to fix it and provided breakfast vouchers. Really appreciated the customer service. Would recommend this hotel for sure.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Top Contributor,

We appreciate your time to share a review of your recent stay and highlight our product and service commitment. We regret anytime that a reservation mix-up occurs and apologize, again, for this inconvenience.

Our team is committed to servicing our guests' needs, and fully empowered to correct any situation that creates inconvenience. While management provides the tools, and liberty to award as necessary, it is reassuring to hear of your encounter and satisfaction with the outcome.

Location is critical and certainly we are central to all that is Boston and a perfect point from which to launch a family excursion highlighting history, waterfront activities and family entertainment.

Please let us know of any future Boston travel plans so that we might add a few favorite family spots to enjoy.

Again, thank you,

Robert Rivers
robert.rivers@mill-usa.com
Pleasanton, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2013

We stayed at The Millennium Bostonian for two nights, as most people have indicated, the hotel is in a great location for access to Quincy Market , Faneuil Hall, Boston Common and the Freedom Trail. It was a bit odd but some cab drivers didn’t know the hotel when we called it the Millennium, but did recognize the hotel when we mentioned Bostonian, so if a cab driver says they don’t know it, try the full name. Check in was fast and easy and the room, although a bit dated (carpet looked a bit rundown in a few areas) was clean and everything worked. We had asked for a room with a view and ended up overlooking what appeared to be some dumpsters in the back of the hotel. After a day of running around Boston it was an easy and quick walk back to the hotel (great location) and we would stop in the bar to grab a quick drink before heading to the room. The bar staff was great and very friendly. TIP: There’s a Walgreen's a short walk from the hotel, it’s a great place to grab snacks and drinks or anything else you may have forgotten – easily less than a five minute walk. The Hotel also has good access to Logan airport, less than a 10-15 minute cab ride (in normal traffic). We all really liked this hotel and will return, hopefully next time we’ll get a better view of the city from our room.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank aperio
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2013

I can't rave enough about my stay! I made reservations very last minute as the place I was staying was noisy and smokey. The staff were so warm, welcoming yet unobtrusive. The location could not be better for walking, taking the "T" or ferries, meeting friends. My room was exceptionally large, quiet, bright & sunny with a fabulous view of Quincy Market and downtown. I was there for a week and they brought me a small refrigerator (no charge) on my first day and really went out of their way to be supportive, schedule spa appointments and just generally be very pleasant. It was a great trip and having the Millenium as a "home base" in a city I used to live in and still love was just a joy!

Room Tip: Ask for what you need!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
San Joaquin, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2013

This hotel is in the perfect location. It's practically right across the street from Quincy Market and Faneuil Hall. You can find any kind of food you want at Quincy Market for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Some places open at 8 for breakfast, others around 10 for lunch. The hotel is also a short walk (about 3 blocks) to one of the stops (by the Old State House) for the orange and green trolley which stops at the major attractions in Boston. I was traveling with my 88-year-young mother who walks with a cane on long trips, and she did fine walking to these places.

Our room was modern and stylish with a large flat screen t.v. There was a mini-bar with candy bars and such, but I wouldn't want to buy them at their prices. I believe the large water bottle was around $6. We didn't touch it. The desk was very nice with two plugs on the lamp and a very comfortable chair. There was also a comfy chair with a footrest and table by it. The air conditioning worked well, although you can't tell what temperature you're setting it at. You just move the switch one way or the other depending on whether you want it hotter or cooler.

The bathroom was pretty large and had one of the newer square sinks. The large shower was a walk-in type, which is better for older people who don't want to climb into a bathtub. The showerhead was the rain-type. There was also a hand-held fixture for those not wanting to use the showerhead. Just outside of the bathroom was a little area with another mirror and little table. The closet contained an ironing board and iron.

One thing I didn't like was the glass on the bathroom door. It was the kind you can't see through, but you can see the form of someone. There was another door like it to the closet which could also be closed so you would have two doors between you and the room. Since I was traveling with my mom, it didn't really bother me much. I guess whether it would bother you would depend on who you're traveling with.

Check out was very simple. The late check out time allowed us to see a little more of Boston before we had to leave. Overall we had a wonderful stay at the Millennium!

Room Tip: If you want a good view, you should ask for one.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank cruisinkat
McKinney, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

Over the 4th of July we did an over night stay at the Millennium Bostonian Hotel. The location for sightseeing was perfect since we were able to come in on the T from the suburbs. Parking would have been quite expensive we learned. The back rooms overlook the market but when we asked for another room we were told there were none available. Actually it was very quiet and the room was well appointed and comfortable. We were thankful that the A/C cooled the room on a dreadfully hot 4th . A nice touch is the fresh fruit and coffee in the lobby. The staff was very attentive and I don't remember ever having to open the door myself. This made the hotel seem very welcoming.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
PVD
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2013

I recently spent my second stay at the Millennium Bostonian Hotel. I had the opportunity to stay in February and enjoyed my stay so much, I returned last weekend. I had received wonderful news just prior to checking in and shared my news with the front desk. They were so excited for my traveling companion and I that they upgraded our room! They also helped with dinner reservations and while we were at dinner, they sent champagne and dessert to our room! The hotel staff is very warm and inviting. The location in Boston can't be beat. It is within walking distance to everything! And if you prefer to park your own car (though they do have valet), the park garage is right next door. I will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: The balcony rooms that overlook Faneuil Hall are fantastic!
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple