“Nice place,great location” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Minnesota
“Nice place,great location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013

I would stay here every time I go to Boston. Rooms are nice (a little on spendy side) but you get what you pay for. Nice clean room, good bedding and close to sites and transportation. Staff was beyond helpful and friendly. Only complaint is we were on the side the night before the farmers market and they set up all night and make a lot of noise. Request not to be on that side of the hotel. We didn't eat at the restaurant due to the location being right across the street from the "North End"

Room Tip: Avoid Farmer Market side of building if its during that time of year
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
RobertRivers, General Manager at The Bostonian Boston, responded to this review, 30 November 2013
Dear Senior Contributor,

We appreciate your time and comments and thank you for your recent visit to America's Walking City and Millennium Bostonian Hotel!

Our proximity to the North End, as noted, is just steps from an endless culinary extravaganza of Italian cuisine ranging from Northern Italy to the southern coasts. Truly every restaurantuer shows a special talent and we are always happy to recommend.

We hope that your travel plans again include Boston and that your choice will again will be with the Bostonian.

From a former Minnesotan resident,

rrivers@mill-usa.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (328)
  • Turkish first
bonita springs,fl
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013 via mobile

Great hotel to stay in for visits to Fanuil hall or to watch the celtics at TD
Staff. Is very pleasant and accommodating .Modern. Clean comfortable rooms. And good food in their restaurant
Parking with them Is a little pricey

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013

The location of this hotel could not be better -- across from Faneuil Hall, about the halfway point on the Freedom Trail, making it possible to do half at a time without walking too far! It is also convenient to the "T", near the water and the North End. I was able to walk to everything I wanted to see with the exception of the Museum of Fine Arts and Fenway Park (both an easy trip on the T). The hotel is expensive, but no more so than any other hotel in central Boston, and the rooms are large, modern, and comfortable. I requested a quiet room, and got one. I wish there had been a small refrigerator instead of the ridiculously priced minibar, and did not like having to call room service for ice. Also, I had to laugh at the 2 large bottles of water that were on top of the minibar (therefore warm!), priced at something like $5 each (I don't remember the exact cost). Surely the cleaning staff has to dust these periodically! All in all, though, quite a nice place to stay.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Hughesville, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

Checked in here after a disappointing stay at the omni. The room and lobby were beautiful, clean and well maintained. Loved the location with lots of shopping and dining. Loved the hotel restaurant . Service was excellent and food above average. Everyone was so nice and went above my expectations. Loved the hot apple cider. Will consider this property for future trips to boston.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Felicia W
RobertRivers, General Manager at The Bostonian Boston, responded to this review, 6 November 2013
Dear Unexpected Visitor,

Thank you for offering us the opportunity to host your visit after a troubling experience in Boston.

Millennium Bostonian is an established hotel in this market and we understand the importance of impression and memorbale experiences. And, we are pleased to hear of your stay and impression of our team and product.

Please let me know of any future visit to Boston so that I may personally assist with your accommodations.

Again, thank you,

Coventry, Rhode Island
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

My husband and I wanted to get away for a couple of days, and could not have chose a better hotel. First of all, the location is perfect. You are directly across the street from Faneuil Hall/Quincy Market which made shopping and dining very convenient. The rooms were very clean and every member of the staff was pleasant. Any time you passed any employee in the hallways or lobby they always would smile and say "good morning" or "how are you". Lastly, I would like to mention the general manager, Robert Rivers; before our trip I emailed him telling him about the little getaway my husband and I were planning. Although I never got to meet him in person, Mr. Rivers took care of us in every way possible and made us feel like VIP's. He made sure we ended up in a beautiful room and made dinner reservations for us at a cozy (delicious) Italian restaurant. I would recommend this hotel to anyone, and cannot wait to book my next trip to Boston there.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Nicole P
Dear Mrs. P,

Thank you for sharing your experience and it truly was my pleasure to assist in making a memorable stay.

Location is key for a downtown visit and I knew that your short walk to the North End, to one my favorite restaurants, would add to your overall visit. I also wish that we had a moment to exchange courtesies and I commit that on your next visit I will personally handle your check-in!

Again, thank you for your visit and for letting me assist with your arrangements.

College Point, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2013

Stayed in this hotel for two nights. We were very happy with the location....right across the street from Faneuil Hall and a couple of blocks from the North End (all those wonderful Italian restaurants are there!). Complimentary coffee in lobby and also a restaurant and bar in hotel. Totally satisfied with our choice.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Nonnadonna12
Park City, Utah
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

We were given a room on 3 rd floor overlooking the street. We got in the room and could hardly breathe from the strong odor of chemicals- I assume from carpet cleaning. We had to go to dinner right away but figured with the doors open from the little balcony the smell will disappear. Got home late and smell was still strong as ever. The noise from street was so loud we had to close the doors which still didn't help with noise much.
Complained in am and they switched my room, gave me 50 dollars for breakfast and offered free tea with honey cause of sore throat from chemicals. Front desk was not surprised at all of the noxious smell. New room was over the car entrance to hotel and was better but still loud. Keep away from this hotel. I am in the road over 100 days a year and never wrote a bad review before.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank bzbzbzbz
RobertRivers, General Manager at The Bostonian Boston, responded to this review, 29 October 2013
Dear Recent Guest,

Thank you for your comments and our apologies that your stay was less than anticipated. Certainly your experience is of great concern, however unlike any prior review or comment received.

Millennium Bostonian Hotel uses only an environmentally safe cleaning chemical program provided by the largest supplier in the US, ECOLABS of Minnesota. This is a trusted name for hotel cleaning products, and to date, I have not had a single guest concern or reaction. However, my team will evaluate to insure that no substitute or foreign product was introduced without senior management review/approval.

Please let us know how we might forward a MSDS sheet on the chemical products used at Millennium Bostonian in the chance they you ever again experience a similar occurence during your 100 days of annual travel.

Our apologies,