“Pleasant stay”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Woodstock, Connecticut
“Pleasant stay”
Reviewed 27 November 2013

I didn't know what to expect as this was my first stay at this hotel but was pleasantly surprised. The valet was wonderful, they did everything they were expected to do including retrieving our car in 10 minutes. The lobby was comfortable on entrance and the employees were friendly with a quick check in. The room was nicer than I have seen at some comparable hotels. The food at dinner and breakfast was very good and its hard to beat the location of this hotel. The only thing I would have liked is ice machines available to you but the front desk is happy to bring some up to your room in a few minutes.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank colby600
RobertRivers, General Manager at The Bostonian Boston, responded to this review, 30 November 2013
Dear Contributor,

We truly thank you for your online review and we appreciate your time in sharing your comments.

Location, product and service are essentials and our team balances their efforts to insure that a guest stay is at a consistent level. As you experienced, we are weighted more towards the service aspect and for this reason alone, our leisure guest is nearly ahlf repeat or referrral.

As we are just a short drive to Woodstock, one of my favored CT locations, we hope to have you as a guest again in the near future. And, if I can ever be of assistance, call me direct.

Happy Holidays,

617.557.3601

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (355)
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 26 November 2013

I recently stayed there for just one night. It is an incredibly charming hotel, well located and the staff is friendly. It would certainly be a much better review if the minor annoyances didn't all add to each other...
- First, very nice TV in the room, but standard definition only? Really? As I planned to relax in my room watching a football game, the standard definition really made the whole experience much less enjoyable.
- The heating in the room worked, but it would turn on&off through the night with a loud 'clank' sound, making it a rather restless night.
- Internet access at 9.95/day is acceptable, but 9.95 per day PER DEVICE sounds cheap. In this day and age of phones, tablets, laptops, the per device fee felt like nickle&diming.
- The bed was very soft, but the room lacked extra blankets.
- The shower was OK, but very little water pressure.

As you can see, minor annoyances, but they add up quickly. I see that the hotel manager reviews and comments often, so please take this as input from a potential customer hoping to help you serve others better.

We'll see if things improve next time I stay there (I will definitely try one more time, it has the potential for being a GREAT hotel).

Room Tip: Try to avoid being too close to the street on a low floor. It can get noisy.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Fernando M
RobertRivers, General Manager at The Bostonian Boston, responded to this review, 28 November 2013
Dear Recent Guest,

We offer our apologies that certain aspects of your stay prompted a review identifying small annoyances. Certainly our goal is to avoid the 'little' things that deter from the overall experience and in this case we failed.

Yes, as you stated, I personally review every guest comment so that our focus on improvement is immediate. At current, we are in negotiation with a national cable provider to upgrade our service to HD and in short order this will be a standard service. As an avid NFL and college viewer, I agree that HD is essential.

For future stays I would be willing to enroll you in the Millennium Loyalty Club which will provide complimentary WiFi access at any Millennium hotel. Addtionally, please call my office direct when next visiting Boston so that I might assist with accommodation selection.

617.523.3600
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 26 November 2013

While the hotel may not look plush from the outside, I was impressed once I stepped in. The lobby was posh modern and the library seating area is charming and welcoming. Similarly the room was very chic and cosy, spacious and well equipped. I had a room at the corner on a higher floor, which offered a beautiful (esp. night) view of the Faneuil Hall and Quincy Market from the small balcony.

The strong and warm shower was such a pamper on a cold wintery day, and tv offers a good number of channels for everyone (sports, kids, movies). The king sized bed is cushy and really comfortable, and the room had a coffee machine and fully stocked bar, though strangely no electric kettle. The main disappointment is that wifi is chargeable at $9.95/24-hr. But apparently it is complementary if a guest signs up for the free Millennium loyalty card (I'm still to find out).

Location wise it is smack in the downtown, with North End, Seaport and Chinatown districts within easy reach. The State St subway station is just a stone's throw away, just 3 stops from the Airport station.

Overall a terrific hotel every way I see it. If only they would be less stingy on the wifi it would be perfect.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank WeeKee
Dear Senior Contributor,

Thank you for selecting Millennium Bostonian as your hotel of choice when traveling so far from home and we are pleased to see that you enjoyed your experience.

If time permits, please send me, by private e-mail, your contact information and I will be happy to enroll you in the Millennium Hotels and Resorts Loyalty Club Program. As a Singapore based company, with multiple hotels and brands in Singapore, there are benefits you may wish to use on a staycation.

It was our pleasure to host your USA visit and would be honored to assist with future reservations in over 20 countries.

Again, thank you for your stay and comments,

Happy Holidays,

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 22 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights recently for a business trip. We had meetings in the Seasons Ballroom on the 4th floor and it was a nice large meeting space with huge windows everywhere (arcing over into the ceiling) which allowed for beautiful views of the skyline. The only issue was that the heater was quite loud so it affected the acoustics.

The location is centrally located across from Faneuil Hall and only a few minutes walk across the bridge to the North end with lots of great Italian restaurants.

The lobby and restaurant bar were both nice. The rooms have been renovated but they are a bit small. I was in room 239 and it felt like an enclosed basement because the window was just below ground level. It was a bit loud - I could hear people talking on the street and all the exercise machines from the gym next door.

Service was excellent all around everywhere. I was able to check into my room at 8am. The porter outside spent a lot of time trying to hail a taxi for me. Everyone I interacted with was consistently great.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
RobertRivers, General Manager at The Bostonian Boston, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Dear Contributor,

Thank you for your time in posting a review of your recent stay at Millennium Bostonian Hotel and we truly appreciate the effort.

Millennium Bostonian Hotel offers a variety of accommodations and I apologize that your accommodation was challenged with exterior noise permeation. Certainly we would have simply moved your accommodation, and please do alert a hotel when your experience is less than expected, as our goal is to insure all aspects of your stay are above standards.

We truly value your assessment of product and especially of our valued team and I will share your comments.

Again, thank you,

New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed 20 November 2013

It's sometimes hard to please a group of 5 ladies used to southern hospitality, but the Millennium did it with ease! The hotel is located across the street from some of the most historic and fun places to visit in Boston and within easy walking distance of so many others. The rooms were clean and spacious and offered a lovely city view. But the staff took top honors. Besides their general friendliness, patience, and courtesy, when one of our group developed a sudden health problem, they stopped everything to get her to an emergency room, found a wheelchair for her use, and asked about her progress during the rest of our visit. If I return to Boston (hopefully), I wouldn't look anywhere else.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Recent Guest,

The team at Millennium Bostonian Hotel is appreciative of your recent posting and we are honored to have hosted your stay in America's Walking City!

Location is a key factor when selecting a hotel in any city and certainly in historic Boston. At 26 North Street, we are in the center of all that is history and our team is eager to share their knowledge, and trade secrets, of our neighborhoods.

We are always eager to contribute to the overall experience and look forward to your return.

Albany
Reviewed 17 November 2013

This property provides a great location, just steps from Faneuil Hall/Quincy Market, Benefits include; Friendly and courteous staff, valet parking, updated and very clean rooms. I would recommend this hotel for anyone that places priority on location and "things to do close by". I look forward to staying here again in the not too distant future!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank strangefolk
Dear Splendid!

Thank you from all our team and we welcome your future visit(s).

Location and service is a key when selecting a hotel and we strive everyday to insure that we balance our knowledge of one against our commitment to the other. Your comments acknowledge our ongoing success and we appreciate the recognition.

Please send me an e-mail, or call, with your future travel plans so that I may personally select your accommodations.

Reviewed 15 November 2013

With a beautiful view of Faneuil Hall ahead and a view of the Haymarket vendors below, the fifth floor corner room at the Millennium Bostonian was fantastic. Upon arrival, I had an upset stomach from a very turbulent plane ride and the front desk clerk offered me a ginger ale and immediate check in. From the concierge to the room service delivery, this hotel is a top notch place. It melds modern convenience with old world charm.
The rooms are spacious and comfortable. The room service menu is varied and a bit pricey, but well worth the splurge. One evening after theater most restaurants were not still serving so we ordered some chowder, a burger and a club sandwich. Everything was beautifully served and very good.Other perks included complimentary Starbucks coffee in the morning and hot apple cider in the afternoon. We did have a few minor problems such as a safe that did not unlock and a pocket door that stuck...The maintenance person was there practically before I hung up the phone. The lobby is small, cozy and attractive--yet it is large enough to hold a wedding party the weekend I visited.
The location is perfect. Close to everything--North End, The "T" and the Freedom Trail...
This was my first visit to Boston, If I have the chance to return, I will stay at the Millennium.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade to a "room with a view" of the Marketplace
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TRAVELHUBRIS
Dear Senior Contributor,

It is always a pleasure to read the comments of a seasoned traveler and we value your review of our product and services, so, thank you!

As we assemble new associates for our operations, hotel background is secondary and personality is paramount. Certainly your experience at arrival validates our Outstanding Service Excellence, OSE, program and our goal, in your case, was achieved.

We realize that service must be genuine and knight of all our team with empowerment, clearly a winning combination.