“Perfect Stay & Location to Boot.”

The Bostonian Boston
Ranked #24 of 84 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We stayed here for a couples trip in late March. The hotel was well appointed and staff very friendly. I enjoyed the hot apple cider in the lobby. We had a lovely room and the balcony opened up to Faneuil Hall. From here we could enjoy the street performances and general people watching. Also a short walk to old North End, Boyleston Street and cabs were always ready at the hotel. I loved the separate vanity in the room and the bath products.

Enjoy the fruit market on the weekends right outside, it is very lively.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing Quincy market.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lindsay A
There are newer reviews for The Bostonian Boston

Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

I recently spent 5 nights at this hotel and was very pleased with my hotel choice. The service was impeccable from the moment we stepped out of the taxi. All of the staff were extremely helpful and nothing was too much to ask for. They assisted us with directions, maps, restaurants, wifi, cabs and much more. The hotel is boutique style with a beautiful cosy lobby. The library area has many interesting books. The fire place is a lovely addition and the complimentary refreshments served daily were a nice touch. Our room was on the 7th floor and it was very spacious and most important exceptionally clean. We had a small balcony which was nice to open for some fresh air in the mornings. There is a small dressing table area and closet before you enter the bathroom. We had a very large monsoon style shower which was fantastic, however, no bath tub. There was plenty of large towels and complimentary shower gels etc. The location of this hotel is perfect for sight seeing. We walked to Boston Common, the prudential centre, Copley sq. Fanueil hall and Quincy market are directly across the street, you could spend hrs here browsing and the harbour and aquarium are less than a 5min walk. The trolly tours go from this area every 15mins. There are fantastic fish / steak restaurants / bars in the vicinity and Washington st is only a few blocks away where you will find Macy's / Walgreens / subway etc. I will certainly stay at this hotel again on my return to Boston it was fantastic.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Edwina69
RobertRivers, General Manager at The Bostonian Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear Senior Contributor,

My team is always welcoming of guest feedback and I know they will appreciate your time in offering such kind words, thank you!

Millennium Bostonian's team is empowered to assist the guest in any way possible and, as well, very proud to share our wonderful city. Our location offers so many options that we can easily fill an agenda, or assist with one already planned.

We hope that your travel will bring you back to America's Walking City!

Again, thank you,

Reviewed 1 June 2014

On my first trip to Boston, I stayed at the Millennium which was a great choice. It's a short walk from the T station, directly across the street from Faneuil Hall and Quincy Market for shopping, and very close to the North End for great Italian food. I would stay again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Recent Guest,

We value reviews from our guests and thank you for taking time to recognize the Millennium Bostonian from your recent visit.

Location is a key component when selecting a hotel, especially in America's Walking City with a dozen historic landmarks just steps and blocks from our front door. Although, we realize that location is only valued when the overall experience measures equally, and it appears that we were able to achieve our goal.

Please let me know when your next travel returns you to Boston so that I might assist with your room selection.

Truly, thank you,

Reviewed 31 May 2014

If you are looking for a great downtown Boston location, it doesn't get better. Across the street from Faneuil Hall, an easy walk to the North End, the Garden, the financial district and the harbor -- and easy access to the T. We've stayed all over the city over the years, and this location is my favorite by far.

The rooms are spacious and well appointed, and have more character than the major chain hotels. Bed was extremely comfortable and great room darkening drapes made for a great night sleep. Staff was very helpful and cheerful. We were on the top floor and enjoyed relaxing on the small rooftop patio....a lovely find!

My only complaints were that Valet parking at $45 a night seemed a little steep, but probably to be expected given the location. Was also disappointed to learn in-room internet was $9.95 a night -- free wifi in the lobby. I don't remember the last time I paid for Internet at a hotel.

All in all, We enjoyed this hotel and would absolutely stay again.

Dear Contributor,

Thank you for selecting Millennium Bostonian Hotel while visiting Boston and we look forward to your return.

We agree that Boston parking can seem expensive and we try hard to maintain a fee slightly less than our nearest competitors. Unfortunately parking spaces in our great city are at a premium and thus the expense.

As far as our WiFi, we offer some solutions to avoiding the expense through our Summer Freedom program, booked via our website or 800#, or by joining M&C Loyalty Club at time of registration. My apologies that the options were not clear and we will evaluate our arrival practices.

We look forward to your return,

Reviewed 31 May 2014

I wanted to surprise my wife for our 15th wedding anniversary. The location was perfect! A short walk over to the north end for cannoli and people watching… Across the street to Faneuil Hall for a quick snack and pretty much right in the center for anything that we needed to get to.

The room was perfect and the oversized bathrooms and tubs were great. I was especially impressed when we return from the Red Sox game to find a bottle of champagne and a plate of desserts waiting for us. I had mentioned in passing at check-in that we were in town celebrating our anniversary. Very nice pickup and gesture by the front desk team to make a visit that more special!

2  Thank Miguel_M

Dear Senior Contributor,

Again, Happy Anniversary and thank you for sharing your special evening with Millennium Bostonian Hotel!

Every associate is eager to ensure a memorable trip to Boston and empowered to recognize special occasions, such as yours'. We applaud and support this type of guest recognition and look forward to your return visit next year.

I wish we could take credit for arranging a Red Sox win, however that was just plain luck!

Again, thank you,

Robert.rivers@mill-usa.com

Reviewed 30 May 2014

We have stayed at this hotel before and we love the location. You are near the Haymarket T station and right across the street from Quincy Market. Then all you have to do is walk across the Greenway and you are in the North End. We have stayed at this hotel years ago and they remembered us. We were upgraded to a lovely room overlooking the market and Faneuil Hall. I will admit the balcony was small but it made for great pictures. Our room was fabulous, a private dressing room with a closet, right next to the beautiful bathroom and a fabulous shower. We ended our evening in the hotel bar and it was very relaxing. The bar was preparing for a special event, but they never made us feel unwanted. Long story short, after we had left the hotel the next morning I realized I was missing a ring. We went back there on a long shot to see if it had left it in the room or someone had found it. The staff was so attentive but no ring had been found. We started to head home and we got a call, my ring had been found. I have to say that is terrific. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wanted a close location to the happenings in Boston. The staff was superb!

Dear Senior Contributor,

Thank you for your recent stay and I, along with my team, appreciate the recognition provided in your review.

Our team is sensitive of guests' personal belongings and every room is detailed to insure that lost items are not inadvertently discarded. As you can imagine, the smallest items, such as a ring can be easily tossed with the linen and our team is alert. We are always ecstatic when we are able to reconnect a guest with a lost item and then share comments with the team.

We look forward to a future visit,

Reviewed 30 May 2014

I chose this location based on proximity to a vast assortment of restaurants within walking distance. The North end is an Italian food lovers mecca and the variety will not disappoint. The Hotel is across from Faneull Hall and Quincy Market another great shopping and dinning area.
Only a few blocks from the waterfront and Long Wharf. We had a wonderful King room with julliet balcony overlooking the Market . Beds and pillows extremely comfortable and large tiled shower with great shower head - very important !