My husband and I were here over this past 4th of July weekend and had another pleasant stay at the Millennium.
Things We Like About It:
1. Rooms - Clean, Modern, well heated & cooled, wonderful bathrooms (I LOVE their showers)
2. It's QUITE - I have never had a bad nights sleep here, with the windows shut the city noise disappears. Also, I have never had a problem hearing neighbors or people outside the room. A good night's sleep is important to me and I always get one here.
3. The location! Ok, this should have been my number one because I love where this hotel is. We love staying in the Faneuil Hall area, and this hotel is directly in the heart of the action. Quincy market is right across the street with all it's shops, restaurants and bars. On Saturday mornings there is a farmer's market on the sidewalk right outside the hotel, very charming. It is a 30 second walk from a Hubway station which is our go to method for getting around the city.
4. The staff - We have always been well taken care of. This last time we were there I accidentally forgot our sunblock in the glove box after we valeted the car, and one of the valets ran back to our car for it, I felt so bad but he was so nice about the whole thing. Also we showed up around 10:00am, they found a room for us and we were able to check in early. That was very convenient.
5. The restaurant - It's fantastic. The service is excellent and it is a great spot to people watch. Not to mention we were both extremely satisfied with out meals. Breakfast is pricey, but they do run some great dinner specials.
The things we don't like:
There isn't anything really. I've seen some people complain about the size of the rooms or the lack of a view. If you want a view just step outside! If you think the room is small, try staying in New York City! This is not a new building, it is a renovated historical building, so some details of the building are going to reflect that. But I think that's part of it's charm! The only people that would be unhappy here are people with a bad attitude.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bostonian's chief asset is its prime location adjacent to Faneuil Hall. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Bostonian Boston reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Millennium Bostonian
- Millennium Bostonian Boston
- Boston Millennium Hotel
- Millenium Bostonian