“Good location, ideal for quiet types”

The Inn At St Botolph
Ranked #57 of 84 Hotels in Boston
Reviewed 21 April 2009

This is a little gem in Boston. It requires no keys, they send you access codes through email, and you never have to fumble around for keys to get into the hotel or your room. The room itself is lovely, with a little kitchenette, good percolator for morning coffee and the fridge for milk and extras.
There were a couple of annoyances, which when added up are really not that important to spoil from the general well being that the hotel offers:
1. The smell in the hallways was peculiar, perhaps another air-freshener would be better?
2. Little bottles of shampoo and conditioner were great, but a bottle of shower gel would have been wonderful.
3. I never knew the hotel offers a clean up service only on request. I came in the second day of my stay to find my bed exactly the way I left it. Either there ought to have been clearer instructions on ordering a cleanup, or then it ought to be offered as standard for a luxury little hotel like this.
4. Beware the fancy lamps in the room, many of them are with blown up bulbs and don't work.

This said, the staff was friendly and helpful and replaced the bulbs immediately, sent some staff in to clean up, connected me to the room's TV easily (a bit complicated, but instructions are all there). The TV was great fun since its size calls for some great viewing from the bed.

This hotel is really very lovely and makes a trip to Boston that much more cozy with a sense of being somewhere you already have been to...

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled solo

Reviewed 16 April 2009

I stayed a couple of nights at the Inn recently and the quality of the hotel made every aspect of my visit better. It felt more like I was staying "at my place in Boston" rather than at a hotel. After a long day of travel there was no tedious check in process. I simply entered my suite. Stepping inside, I felt like I was walking into a personal space; not a cookie cutter hotel room. In regular hotel rooms I often find myself spending all my time on the bed - eating, watching TV, working on my laptop, talking on the phone all on the bed. At the "my place in Boston" I spread out and "lived" in the entire space. Used my laptop (and high speed internet) at the desk; ate in the kitchen; watched TV on the sofa in the living room; and used the bed to sleep! All the comforts of home but with a great view of Boston out the window. I loved the location. Shops, restaurants and transportation all right there and in a very comfortable, walkable neighborhood. If you stay more than a day you'll feel like a local.
Overall: high quality, super clean, spacious, great location. All the best aspects of a hotel and an apartment rolled into one. Loved it!!

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled solo
3  Thank everafter
Reviewed 16 April 2009

Like everyone else has been saying, this hotel is great. My wife and I stayed here for our honeymoon last month. Everything about the hotel suited our needs perfectly. It was like having our own apartment in the heart of the city for the week.

The location can't be beat. We barely needed to take public transportation since there was so much within walking distance. The best part about the location is that even though it's right in the heart of the city, it's tucked away in a little residential section so the street noise is minimal. We actually felt like we were being too loud when walking home late at night and speaking at a conversational level!

The location can't be beat and neither can the hotel itself. The old, stone exterior is beautiful and blends beautifully in the historic, Boston landscape. The interior is top notch with it's modern conveniences starting from the front door to the bedroom.

Not having to check-in at a front desk really makes you feel like you're staying in your own place. You can come in and go straight to your room as soon as you arrive. I say "room" but it's more like an apartment with your own bedroom, kitchen, living room, etc.

Anyway, I could continue praising this place, but I'd just be repeating what others have already said. If you're going to Boston or just need a few nights away from home, why stay anywhere else than here? It's perfect.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank unavailable
Reviewed 8 April 2009

We just got back from a two night stay in Boston at this lovely inn which was perfectly located for our purposes. We were looking at colleges with our son. The schools were all within walking distance or easy to get to on the T. We had a suite with a fireplace, kitchen, and a separate bedroom. It was so comfortable for the three of us. The rooms were updated with very contemporary furnishings and a lot of attention to detail. Also, the rooms were spotless, including the bathroom. There was a gym downstairs, the staff was very friendly and helpful, and the breakfast that was included had healthy choices and great coffee. This place is terrific.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 April 2009

My daughter and I took a trip to Boston and stayed at The Inn for 5 nights - I can not say enough good things about the stay. We stayed in a suite which was fabulous! It was like home away from home -the decor was exquisite, the amenities are top-notch, the hospitality-amazing! The location is ideal for everyone and everything- so lovely- I would never stay anywhere else and will recommend The Inn to anyone I know that is traveling to Boston for a stay. I will definitely be back.

• Stayed: March 2009
Reviewed 24 March 2009

My boyfriend and I had such a wonderful time in Boston and much of that was due to our stay at the Inn @ St. Botolph. Michael and everyone else at the inn were extremely accommodating and hospitable. As an editor for a hotel design magazine, I have seen many places offer nothing close to the hospitality here - it’s not easy to find good hospitality – regardless of a hotel’s star rating. The inn was not only a beautiful and well appointed space, but I felt very taken care of and I thank the staff for that.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled on business