This is a little gem in Boston. It requires no keys, they send you access codes through email, and you never have to fumble around for keys to get into the hotel or your room. The room itself is lovely, with a little kitchenette, good percolator for morning coffee and the fridge for milk and extras.
There were a couple of annoyances, which when added up are really not that important to spoil from the general well being that the hotel offers:
1. The smell in the hallways was peculiar, perhaps another air-freshener would be better?
2. Little bottles of shampoo and conditioner were great, but a bottle of shower gel would have been wonderful.
3. I never knew the hotel offers a clean up service only on request. I came in the second day of my stay to find my bed exactly the way I left it. Either there ought to have been clearer instructions on ordering a cleanup, or then it ought to be offered as standard for a luxury little hotel like this.
4. Beware the fancy lamps in the room, many of them are with blown up bulbs and don't work.
This said, the staff was friendly and helpful and replaced the bulbs immediately, sent some staff in to clean up, connected me to the room's TV easily (a bit complicated, but instructions are all there). The TV was great fun since its size calls for some great viewing from the bed.
This hotel is really very lovely and makes a trip to Boston that much more cozy with a sense of being somewhere you already have been to...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to The Inn @ St. Botolph, a luxury boutique hotel located in the shadow of the Prudential Center. With a keen nod to its namesake, the patron saint of travelers, The Inn @ St. Botolph in Boston's historic Back Bay wraps a wealth of luxuries in a tidy and affordable package for discerning travelers. Like its sister hotel, the internationally acclaimed XV Beacon, The Inn @ St. Botolph offers understated contemporary interiors graced with traditional styling and comfort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Inn At St Botolph reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Inn At St Botolph Hotel Boston