“Perfect location for Boston Marathon!!!”

The Inn At St Botolph
Ranked #52 of 83 Hotels in Boston
Winnipeg, Manitoba
“Perfect location for Boston Marathon!!!”
Reviewed 28 April 2009

My husband and I truly enjoyed staying at the Inn. I was there to run the Boston Marathon and the location was so close to the finish line!! We were also so close to great shopping and restaurants. The rooms were very clean and very comfortable. The service was top notch. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
  • Korean first
New England Area
Reviewed 25 April 2009

Just like a modern downtown apartment in a big city. I have friends who despite their best attempts have not managed to pick such nice finishings and furniture. Staying here for weeks would be a pleasure. They understand technology like no other hotel. My laptop and cell phone both had no problems connecting to the free WiFi. Keyless and person-less entry makes coming and going private and quick. This place is sophisticated and individual. It was strange at first not seeing anybody or being told how to get to your room, but the process is much quicker than having somebody direct you to your room. I like staying in hotels that put you among the residents so you can get a feel for the place and this location is literally among residents in the South Corridor area. No parking but if you call they'll give you plenty of options. Don't forget the coffee downstairs, it tastes pretty good!

BALTIMORE
Reviewed 25 April 2009

We had the chance to be in Boston for the Boston Marathon, and to catch up with family and friends. Someone else made our reservations for us, and we are so glad they did!
Thanks to all that we came in contact with; you made our stay very special with your personal touches!

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 21 April 2009

Hats off to this developer (who also did XV Beacon) for coming up with this concept. It's midway between a hotel and a rental apartment -- and a LOT more stylish than most hotels or apartments in Boston. As most reviewers have pointed out, you quickly feel like a local. I had a top floor suite and loved the generous windows looking out over St. Botolph Street. In fact, since I was in Boston looking for a property to buy, I immediately added this neighborhood to my wish list -- it was that nice!

The kitchenette was well stocked with dishes and cutlery. You probably couldn't cook a three-course meal in it, but it's more than adequate for making breakfast or eating a take-out meal. The bathroom was fairly tight, but since it was new, I didn't mind. There's free wi-fi, and it worked well. And all phone calls within the U.S. are free on your room phone, which I've never seen anywhere else.

My flight out of Boston didn't leave until 9:30 pm. I was able to arrange for a 7 p.m. checkout for a very reasonable charge, although I had to move to a basement room since "my" room was no longer available. The office is open until 10 pm, and the staff is very helpful.

The lounge is located in the basement, which to be honest, isn't all that inviting because it's dark. But you can use their Nespresso machine to make delicious coffee.

I know Boston well, and this inn is unique in the city. If you've ever wondered what it feels like to live in a lovely neighborhood in Boston -- stay here!

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 21 April 2009

This is a little gem in Boston. It requires no keys, they send you access codes through email, and you never have to fumble around for keys to get into the hotel or your room. The room itself is lovely, with a little kitchenette, good percolator for morning coffee and the fridge for milk and extras.
There were a couple of annoyances, which when added up are really not that important to spoil from the general well being that the hotel offers:
1. The smell in the hallways was peculiar, perhaps another air-freshener would be better?
2. Little bottles of shampoo and conditioner were great, but a bottle of shower gel would have been wonderful.
3. I never knew the hotel offers a clean up service only on request. I came in the second day of my stay to find my bed exactly the way I left it. Either there ought to have been clearer instructions on ordering a cleanup, or then it ought to be offered as standard for a luxury little hotel like this.
4. Beware the fancy lamps in the room, many of them are with blown up bulbs and don't work.

This said, the staff was friendly and helpful and replaced the bulbs immediately, sent some staff in to clean up, connected me to the room's TV easily (a bit complicated, but instructions are all there). The TV was great fun since its size calls for some great viewing from the bed.

This hotel is really very lovely and makes a trip to Boston that much more cozy with a sense of being somewhere you already have been to...

Richmond, VA
Reviewed 16 April 2009

I stayed a couple of nights at the Inn recently and the quality of the hotel made every aspect of my visit better. It felt more like I was staying "at my place in Boston" rather than at a hotel. After a long day of travel there was no tedious check in process. I simply entered my suite. Stepping inside, I felt like I was walking into a personal space; not a cookie cutter hotel room. In regular hotel rooms I often find myself spending all my time on the bed - eating, watching TV, working on my laptop, talking on the phone all on the bed. At the "my place in Boston" I spread out and "lived" in the entire space. Used my laptop (and high speed internet) at the desk; ate in the kitchen; watched TV on the sofa in the living room; and used the bed to sleep! All the comforts of home but with a great view of Boston out the window. I loved the location. Shops, restaurants and transportation all right there and in a very comfortable, walkable neighborhood. If you stay more than a day you'll feel like a local.
Overall: high quality, super clean, spacious, great location. All the best aspects of a hotel and an apartment rolled into one. Loved it!!

3 Thank everafter
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 16 April 2009

Like everyone else has been saying, this hotel is great. My wife and I stayed here for our honeymoon last month. Everything about the hotel suited our needs perfectly. It was like having our own apartment in the heart of the city for the week.

The location can't be beat. We barely needed to take public transportation since there was so much within walking distance. The best part about the location is that even though it's right in the heart of the city, it's tucked away in a little residential section so the street noise is minimal. We actually felt like we were being too loud when walking home late at night and speaking at a conversational level!

The location can't be beat and neither can the hotel itself. The old, stone exterior is beautiful and blends beautifully in the historic, Boston landscape. The interior is top notch with it's modern conveniences starting from the front door to the bedroom.

Not having to check-in at a front desk really makes you feel like you're staying in your own place. You can come in and go straight to your room as soon as you arrive. I say "room" but it's more like an apartment with your own bedroom, kitchen, living room, etc.

Anyway, I could continue praising this place, but I'd just be repeating what others have already said. If you're going to Boston or just need a few nights away from home, why stay anywhere else than here? It's perfect.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple