“Great place to stay in Boston!”

The Inn At St Botolph
Ranked #51 of 83 Hotels in Boston
Connecticut
“Great place to stay in Boston!”
Reviewed 19 March 2010

The Inn At St. Botolph was nothing less than exceptional, and in a great location to explore the city as it is right around the corner from the Prudential Center. Upon our early arrival we were still able to check in, and if for some reason the room wasn't ready they were more than helpful to store our bags for us. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Inn at St. Botolph was different from other Inns I have stayed in as you check yourself in with the given code upon reserving your room. This was a very different process from what we are used to, but worked out very well and the staff was still available if needed.

I could tell that this staff pays very close attention to detail, and the room was exceptionally clean as well. The bed was 'oh-so-comfy' and the high quality robes hanging in the room were a very nice touch to put on after showering. All the furniture and accessories in the room are top of the line, but the hotel did not seem pretentious in any way. As previously mentioned, the Inn is right around the corner from the Prudential Center, and was very convenient to accomplish many different types of activities we had planned.
I would definitely recommend the Inn At St. Botolph to others, and would stay there again for any other Boston trips in the future!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
  • Korean first
Worcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 March 2010

My first trip to the USA; I picked this 16 room Inn from the TripAdvisor recommendations, and I was not disappointed. The only problem I had was parking the rental car, but the Prudential building one block away (2 minutes) had plenty of safe parking at $39 per day. Very close to the 'T' station on the green line, and in the Back Bay area - walkable to Copley Square and as far as Boston Common. The Prudential building had good shopping malls with numerous restaurants; there is a 7 Eleven store opposite the hotel and Shaw's is 5 minutes away. With the studio room having its own kitchenette (fridge/freezer, microwave, coffee maker, toaster oven, two ring electric hob and even a waste disposer), one could have cooked if one wanted - and great for snacks etc. A basic breakfast is available downstairs in the small lounge from 7 to 11am, with a large-screen Apple for internet access; hot coffee, cold juice & yogurt, toasted muffins and bagels set you up for the day. Tom the manager couldn't have been more helpful and friendly - his staff are on duty until 10pm in the office, and available later by telephone. One (small) minus - the hotel opened in the fall of 2008 after a major refit, but is an characterful 'brownstone' building with wood floors; it's a matter of showing consideration for the other HOUSE guests, for that is what we were - the room is serviced when required, but will be left for up to 8 days if not required - perfect for that late sleep-in after traveling! Air conditioning kept us warm, but fresh air was also good in the quiet neighborhood. A first-class experience of US hospitality and a 'boutique' hotel! Thanks, Tom; you made our stay great. We'll be back real soon!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
Santa Barbara, California
Reviewed 12 March 2010

Let me start by saying that Boston is wonderful! If you've never been, you must go and do the Freedom Trail. The sights and culture, yes I said CULTURE, really do take you back in time.

You MUST also stay at St Botolph's! There are a few of the larger chain Hotels nearby, which would offer...more of the same. However, at Botolph's it is something special.

My Wife and I stayed in a 1 bedroom suite, which was very well appointed and spacious. The interior design is, for lack of a better description, an Ultra Modern Bed and Breakfast.

Speaking of Breakfast; the morning coffee from a machine that is 1 part Buck Rogers and 1 part Juan Valdez was superb and the juice, muffins, fruits and other goodies really hit the spot before we could go off and find a nice place for lunch.

The fireplace even has a remote control; a nice addition to your leisure.

Trust me, this is one of the hidden gems of Boston.

The only improvement I'd offer would be to upgrade the bathrooms. Not that they're bad...but just didn't seem to receive the same level of design the rest of the rooms did.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
Massachusetts
Reviewed 4 March 2010

My friend told me about the Inn @St. Botolph and recomended us to stay there when I went to Boston. The place is beautiful, the service is first quality and the fireplace was just right. The location is superb because even if it's located in one of the busiest areas in Boston ( Back Bay), the St. Botolph St. is calm and pretty with all the brick stone houses. Walking distance for two malls, bars, restaurants, everything!!!!!I am writing this review because I think the place deserves this comment but I would rather to shut my mouth to keep the place as a hidden secret!

• Stayed February 2010
PA
Reviewed 1 March 2010

The suite we had was perfect for our needs and a great location. Would definitely return. Only thing missing were the advertised chocolate truffles which were not available...

• Stayed February 2010
New York, NY
Reviewed 21 February 2010

We spent three nights at the Inn @ St. Botolph during a trip to Boston on President’s Day weekend. We found the location and amenities convenient. The interior of this boutique hotel is tastefully decorated and gave us a great sense of privacy. We made mixed experiences with the front desk staff, however. At one extreme, we found Dolores to be exceptionally helpful, competent and charming. She provided us with a wealth of valuable information about the city and the neighborhood, and was very effective at troubleshooting. At the other end of the spectrum, we were highly disappointed in the behavior of Tom, who was, on two occasions, surprisingly rude, condescending and showed zero introspection when confronted with such feedback. Unfortunately, the hotel business is a people’s business and such encounters ruin the experience of what would otherwise be a gem of a hotel.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
innatstbtolph, Manager at The Inn At St Botolph, responded to this review, 2 March 2010
Dear TnT_Surf,

Please let me start by thanking you for being a guest of the Inn @ St. Botolph! We have worked very hard to create a comfortable and unique experience and I am elated that you enjoyed the decor of the hotel. I couldn’t agree with you more about the hotel’s location. We have an amazing corner lot with a southern exposure on a quiet residential street on the cusp of the South End, Back Bay and Copley Square.

I have been in the hospitality industry for over 15 years and have acted in the capacity of a hotel manager for over 10 years. I take great pride in my ability to invigorate my staff while maintaining a clean, comfortable surrounding where guest service is as consistent as each of our beautifully appointed suites. Every staff member including myself works very hard to provide excellent service and to make each guest feel at home. I am pleased that Delores surpassed your expectations!

A manager sometimes must make difficult decisions.

Sometimes we are unable to accommodate guest requests despite our wish to do so. It is our goal to extend every possible courtesy and we realize that in this circumstance we fell short in your eyes. I apologize. When we extended your check-out time we knowingly created a very tight room turnover period, nevertheless we were happy to accommodate this request. However, when you didn’t return to the hotel until 4:30 pm and wished to extend further, it created a difficult situation for the office, our cleaning staff and the incoming guest. Had you communicated in advance that you did not intend to return until after guest check-in time we would have offered to store your luggage or have made other arrangements.

My roll as the hotel manager is to provide superior customer care to every guest. When a guests action negatively effects another guest as well as the interest of the hotel, a situation is inherently created that is likely to result in a level of dissatisfaction. I regret that you interpreted my decision not to allow you to further delay your check-out as rude or condescending.

I genuinely hope The Inn can host you for a future stay. I am committed to personally ensure that I/we surpass your every expectation! Please contact me directly at 617-236-8099, or via email at tom@innatstbotolph.com and I will be happy to assist you in every way possible.

Best Regards,

Thomas DeSisto
Hotel Manager
TheRabbit75
Reviewed 7 February 2010

I was looking for peace and quiet in the city and a place to take my very pregnant wife were we could find an escape with all the comforts of home. The Inn At St. Botolph provided everything and more that we were looking for. Located in Back Bay this Inn is unassuming in that it blends in to it's surroundings among Boston's beautiful brownstones. It's unique style of "check in" is a wonderful alternative to the usual front desk service of most hotels and inns. The rooms are on par with some of Boston's most luxurious hotels and if you need anything there is somebody available to take your call with a push of the button. The Inn's rooms have luxurious furnishings, a fireplace, full kitchen with all of the accessories, and a glorious bed that will make you want to never leave the room.

Boston is typically a walking city and The Inn's location is within walking distance to most everything the city has to offer. My wife and I loved the idea that we could just as easily prepare a meal for ourselves right there in our suites kitchen or travel to one of the many wonderful restaurants in the immediate area. You are also surrounded by lots of conveniences as the Inn is close to many of Boston's largest shopping centers.

I have traveled extensively for business and I wish every city had an Inn like this. For extended stays this is like having an apartment in the city waiting for your arrival. No crowded lobbies, no complex maze of a hotel to get around. The Inn At St. Botolph simply and magnificently provides a home away from home (albeit an upscale home) for the weary road traveler.

I can't say enough about this wonderful property. Whether traveling for leisure or business this Inn is a rare find and a must stay for anyone visiting the Boston area.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple