“Absolutely Fabulous” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 39 Boston B&B and Inns
Brighton
“Absolutely Fabulous”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

Everything from the greeting (yay Laura!) to the rooms to the breakfast to the sumptuous and elegant lounge shouts class. Every detail has been thought of (apart from the downstairs loo which could do with an air freshener). Nothing is too much trouble. The location in the South End of Boston is perfect for a selection of boutique shops and restaurants. Definitely recommended!

• Stayed May 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

I truthfully can't sing enough praises for the Clarendon Square and while they already have loads of glowing reviews, it's for absolute good reason. The Clarendon has taken the charm and personal touch of staying at a friend's, or an AirBnB place, and seamlessly mashed it with the luxury, hospitality, and ease of staying at a big-name 20-story hotel. I've stayed in both the Luxury Suite and the double room downstairs (can't recall the number!) and of course the Luxury Suite is an absolutely stunning room (soaking tub and all), the double room had just as much charm and tranquility. Beyond the facilities and warm, personal touches all over, the hospitality and welcoming, accommodating nature of the staff (Hey Laura and Stephen!) have made this place one of the most favourite places I've ever stayed. I will say that the experience is a bit different than any I've had (like having to buzz the door upon arrival, not having a "front desk," and the shared honor code hot tub and toiletries), I had the feeling that had I had any sort of weird, or picky requests or issues, the staff would've immediately went out of their way to handle it. I was like a kid in a candy store discovering all of the special treasures throughout the Inn, and on both stays (which were less than 24 hours each!) I had only wished I could've stayed longer.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Stratford, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

I am reluctant to write a glowing review of Clarendon Square even though it more than deserves it. Inevitably it makes these places harder to book, sometimes more expensive, however… in all good conscience this place deserves every bit of praise. It has been around for a decade and a half and shows every sign of continuing indefinitely, thank goodness. I would prefer not to stay anywhere else in Boston.

This has been my second stay. Previously I was there in 2006 for an initial delightful stay. This year, 2014, there for four days. The location is fabulous, a quiet residential street only a ten minute walk from the Prudential and from Symphony Hall. Near many great neighbourhood restaurants of all kinds. The design of the house and the rooms has an exquisite attention to detail as does the care (thank you for the impromptu whipped cream and fruit birthday cake when who knew you somehow knew about my birthday). Design is a tasteful cross between modern and traditional. Uncluttered. Elegant. Very tasteful. All the rooms spacious, well-appointed, comfortable. Luxurious bed linens and Aveda bath products. This time, the Luxury Suite, I wanted to take it home with me. All beautifully, immaculately maintained by Winnie. Hosts Stephen, Bobby, Stephen, and Laura are delightful, that mix of interesting people and conversationalists and know when to leave one to one's thoughts too. The roof hot tub is a special touch, in a place that is full of special touches. Go there and find out.

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014

I have no idea how my husband found this place, it is so well hidden, you won't see it from the street. people use to say that BB are boring, not this one! it is so unique and stylish, like your wealthy uncle's house. i loved breakfast that was included in the price, delicious with fresh fruits and good coffee. A bathroom in our place could turn pink. isn't it awesome to have this pink bathroom, so cool! Love, love, love and going to come back soon!
Also, of course, location is with everything you need, not far from the center. Service was Ok, good I mean, not excellent.

Room Tip: Use hot tub on the roof top, it is amazing during summer nights.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Nat B
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014

Had the pleasure of staying here 2 years ago for two nights & said we would be back for a longer stay.
We booked 5 nights & found it was better than last time
Room number 2 situated @ back of inn is very large & luxurious bedding &furnishings with 3 sash windows from here we could see the prudential tower 8 minute walk.
Breakfast served in the dining room/kitchen a enjoyable experience with fellow guests
The cakes were divine
The staff & owners very friendly & helpful ref recommendations for sightseeing or restaurants
The southend area we consider the best in Boston nice shops bars & restaurants
A pleasure to stay here the roof top tub fantastic even on a winters evening with fantastic views
Planning to return as soon as possible there other very good b&b & hotels but if you want something personal & enjoyable couldn't give this place enough stars
The Clarendon square inn is highly recommended only one of two places in the world if we know where which city we are staying we know which inn we are staying in Boston it's the Claredon square inn

Room Tip: No need to choose a good room they are all great
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

I went to Boston for 5 days. The first 3 nights we spent at the W Boston. The last 2 nights I stayed here at the Clarendon Square Inn. I can honestly say I wish we had stayed here all 5 nights.

It's very comfortable, it's designed beautifully, the staff and owners are very attentive and helpful AND the big plus is that it is in the South End, which is in my opinion the best part of Boston. The South End is quiet, it's full of restaurants with some of the best food I've ever tasted. Everything is in walking distance. There are great shops, great food, great coffee, the Boston Public Library and other beautiful old buildings are there. And if you need a Lyft or taxi to the North End or any other part, it's relatively cheap $6-10.

Another thing I noticed is that the towels and bed sheets are extremely soft. I meant to ask them what they use before I left, but I forgot. No worries though because I will definitely be staying there again! Their soaps are high quality (Aveda), there is a hot tub and they provide extra towels and robes, they provide tea all day it seems. The inside lounge is large and beautiful.

I mean, you can tell that the owners really did their research to make it the most accommodating B&B. I absolutely loved it and will recommend it to all of my friends visiting Boston!

Wirral, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

We wish to pass on a MASSIVE thank you for letting us have the pleasure of staying at Clarendon for our short break to Boston. We were in the Luxury Suite on the 2nd floor - and what a great room it is too!!

Our room was perfect - sadly with the weather being VERY COLD (minus 10c) so we did not get chance to use the Roof-top Hot-Tub, maybe on our next trip??

Please pass on a “BIG and SPECIAL” thanks to Karen, for being our morning hostess on Thursday and Friday – and please tell her our meal at “Sorellina” was ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS!!

Also, please thanks to Jasmine for her hospitality on Saturday.

Room Tip: go that bit extra and get a Luxury Room, you WILL NOT be disappointed!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple