Stayed for a few days in July with family. Hotel is set up differently than most as buildings are separate from each other. The building we stayed in was across from building with reception desk etc. Room was fairly clean and modern with nice bathroom and large flat screen TV. The beds are surrounded by a vinyl (or leather) rail which housekeeping forgot to clean. I did have to take a cloth and wipe something which had "spilled" and dried to the vinyl. Scrubbed off easily and did not bother mentioning it as did not want to make a big deal but gross just the same. We did find the room to be quite small. The only chair was the one that came with the desk. The air conditioner was located right beside the head of one of the two double beds. A bit noisy when trying to sleep. We did pay for a harbour view room which was nice. (we were on the side of the building at the end closest to the water.) The problem was that we were on the ground level and the surrounding shrubs and bushes had not been pruned and obstructed a fair bit of the view. Also, it was lovely to be able to open the windows but there were no screens on them. We soon had a few flies, so were not able to leave them open. I also noticed that the wallpaper in the corner of the bathroom was starting to peel. Although these may seem like minor details, they are all easy maintenance issues which should be addressed by a property charging these rates. Valet parking was nice but not cheap. You cannot access the parking garage without the valet so make sure you remove everything you may need from your vehicle. We only had breakfast at the hotel one morning. It was fine but expensive for the quality.
The best thing about this hotel, as others have mentioned, is the location. We were able to walk to most things. The dining options in the north end are wonderful. It is lovely to be near the water, especially on a hot summer day. Although there did not appear to be a dedicated concierge, any recommendations from staff were always very good. Would consider staying again next time we're in Boston.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The centerpiece of Boston's Battery Wharf renaissance, The Battery Wharf Hotel, Boston Waterfront merges the North End's trademark charm with a contemporary appreciation for history and sense of place. Featuring 150 stylishly designed guest rooms and suites with extraordinary waterfront views, this luxurious boutique hotel on the pedestrian-friendly HarborWalk boasts two bars and restaurants, 6,000 square feet of meeting space, an award-winning Spa and Fitness Center and easy access to Boston's bustling Financial District, Freedom Trail, Faneuil Hall Marketplace and TD Garden, New England's premier sports and entertainment arena. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Battery Wharf Hotel, Boston Waterfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont Battery Wharf Hotel Boston
- Fairmont Hotel Battery Wharf
- Fairmont Hotel Boston