We booked 2 nights here after learning that Boston Harbor Hotel (our favorite, bar none) was full.
The rooms are nice--large, carefully decorated. We had no trouble booking connecting rooms for our kids and the reservationist was nice about allowing the dog ($25 charge). It felt a bit out of the way. The layout with rooms in different buildings is actually quite nice, although you miss the doormen if you are not in the main building. Housekeeping was in our faces on the last day, waiting for us to leave (we left at 10; they were trying to get into the room by 9.40; checkout is 11).
The HarborWalk is extremely cool, and well worth seeing. I thought breakfast at the hotel restaurant was ridiculously expensive ($100+ for 3 adults and one child), and the service was polite but pretty distracted (we got our second cups of coffee right away, but by the time the extra cream arrived they were cold).
There is no dog-walking service on-site, you have to book with the Dogfather of North End. (We did not, so I cannot review.) There are not too many places to walk a dog close to the hotel.
There is no Concierge per se. The front desk will book reservations for you but they lack a concierge's knowhow regarding events in town. They're friendly and trying to be helpful, but they're pretty much doing as they're told. Not much expertise.
This is inexcusable, in my view: you had to pay for WiFi! There was a nice little "technology kit" for laptops, and free Ethernet, but WiFi was $15/day per person. We had dinner at Boston Harbor (Meritage) and got free WiFi.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The centerpiece of Boston's Battery Wharf renaissance, The Battery Wharf Hotel, Boston Waterfront merges the North End's trademark charm with a contemporary appreciation for history and sense of place. Featuring 150 stylishly designed guest rooms and suites with extraordinary waterfront views, this luxurious boutique hotel on the pedestrian-friendly HarborWalk boasts two bars and restaurants, 6,000 square feet of meeting space, an award-winning Spa and Fitness Center and easy access to Boston's bustling Financial District, Freedom Trail, Faneuil Hall Marketplace and TD Garden, New England's premier sports and entertainment arena. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Battery Wharf Hotel, Boston Waterfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont Battery Wharf Hotel Boston
- Fairmont Hotel Battery Wharf
- Fairmont Hotel Boston