“Great spot in the North End!”

Battery Wharf Hotel, Boston Waterfront
Ranked #36 of 83 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersBronze level
New York
“Great spot in the North End!”
Reviewed 27 March 2012

My husband and I went to Boston for the weekend. Great location excellent room and wonderful service.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank carcat

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (333)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
colchester
Reviewed 25 March 2012

Arrived as suggested by water taxi but maybe ordinary taxi is easier but less romantic. Checked in at Fairmont Gold building and quickly whisked up to our 5th floor upgraded room with balconey.[It is worth joining their Presidents scheme which I did in Canada when I discovered and stayed in 3 great Fairmont hotels] I had booked this deal as an Advanced purchase as advertised on my Presidents monthly deals and the room was lovel with huge bed and shower and great views . Fairmont Gold includes complimentary brekkie and hors d'oeuvres both of which are very substantial and beautifully presented . We did not eat in the restaurant which was a shame as it would have been better than the restaurant we did go to . Just had a drink in the bar. Very easy to walk down to Harbour and town . Staff are very chatty and smile a lot only negative is $99 dollars fo a late [2 hr] checkout seems excessive.As normal checkout is is 12 noon we should have managed with that but did not realise it would cost so much and initially although we had a confirmed payment they tried to charge us again for room and taxes but that got sorted quickly .
Would I stay again .....always I just love the fact that everything works and there is a real Can do attitude from all the staff. They really value their customers.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with view of water if possible and high up
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mumajb
New York City, New York
Reviewed 21 March 2012

Stayed here again a year after first staying here (see my first review for details). This time we were in the main building where you check in. The rooms were of exactly the same spec and standard as I had known from my previous stay in one of their adjacent buildings. The condition of the place and courtesy of the staff was also top notch like last time... My only gripe is that it is pricey, but you do get what you pay for in this instance.

Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
Mount kisco, ny
Reviewed 19 March 2012

I stayed here for busines in January. This is a amazing hotel with amazing service and amenities.

Service: The service here was impeccable. Check in was a a simple process where I was literally treated like I owned the hotel. I was staying in the Gold which has it's own concierge and access to a private lounge. The attendant was very helpful and polite and remembered my name from the start. They must speak with the front desk or something because he addressed me by my name which I never told him minutes after being in the main lobby.. guess it's possible there were not many other guests but I don't think so.

Room: You can't beat these rooms. If you want five start amenities this is in. The room is huge for a king size room with a long entrance, huge closet, desk leather eco chair and very stylish furnishings. The bed very extremely comfy and I never wanted to get up for work. The bathroom was very well layer out with a huge shower and separate toilet area. The toiletries where top notch and all wonderful. I liked the fully stocked mini bar and snacks as I sometimes like a drink in the room or snack before bed. tsk tsp right..
Oh! and please don't be alarmed when you get to your room and the lights are dimmed and the music is playing.. there is no one in the room I swear. It's just the turn down service.. But the Music was so loud I felt bad for the neighbors.

Spaces: I used the lounge for work and play. My manager and myself would go to the horderves after we finished working and before dinner. The food was amazing with cheese and salmi and many other items that changes every day including hot sandwiches and sliders one day. They coffee is Nestle and Illy which were both amazing. There is off course a full service honor bar which had tons of options. If you do not know how to make a drink they attendant did offer to help. We also had breakfast in the lounge every morning which was again very tasty. hey had fresh juice which was to die for.

Near by: We at at Bricco one night which was to die for. I would highly recommend this restaurant if you are in the area. I had a seafood risotto which was amazing and fresh. We also at at a sushi place but the name escapes me right now. But the Sushi was amazing and I am a huge sushi fan.

Overall: I would highly recommend this hotel for it's service and small touches that make you feel like your at home.

PS. Enjoy a nice drink in front of the fire places in the lounge it is very relaxing.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank John P
Jana_Baseel, Fairmont Battery Wharf, Marketing Coordinator at Battery Wharf Hotel, Boston Waterfront, responded to this review, 3 April 2012
We’re thrilled to have welcomed you as our guest in our private Fairmont Gold Building, and were delighted you felt right at home with us during your business trip in Boston. Your detailed description of our property, amenities, and the service you experienced during your stay, highlights the experience that we are committed to making for our guests, as it is our commitment to make sure that all our guests feel as though their visit with us is special. Thank you for your recommendation of the best ways to take advantage of the Fairmont Gold Lounge, we certainly agree that a drink in front of the fire place is always a nice way to relax and unwind from your day. We’re sure that our other guests will appreciate the time you took to share your detailed experience. Thank you, and we hope to welcome you back to our hotel very soon.
Bronx, New York
Reviewed 1 March 2012

I can't wait to go back to the Fairmont Batter Wharf! Having stayed at numerous hotels during sorority conferences, I have had a range of experiences, but I can attest to the quality service that I was given. The staff was extremely courteous, they bent over backwards to ensure that my stay was pleasant. The rooms were absolutely amazing! Had I not had a meetings, I would definitely have stayed in bed all day! Anyone looking for comfort, great service, and warm, friendly hosts, please make sure you make your way to the Fairmont Battery Wharf!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank T S
Niantic, Connecticut
Reviewed 28 February 2012

I was personally walked to my room by the check in clerk - a first for me. Room is a decent size for Boston and included a 42" LCD TV with true HD service and satellite radio. Even had a repeater speaker in the bathroom! Dinner at the hotel was delicious and was a good value with the 50% off coupon I was given at the front desk. I got back from dinner and turndown service had lowered the lights, changed the towels, and put on jazz music on the satellite radio. Bed was amazingly comfortable. If people were staying in the rooms next to me I had no idea thanks to the great insulation between the rooms. Lots of little extras like a phone that looked like a computer, an espresso machine, old school coffee peculator, automatic lights in the closet, and a nice sound system and media player hooked up to the TV. I had the cheapest available room and still had a halfway decent view of the water. Room felt very secure thanks to card-key-only access to the building and the elevators. My only complaint was that the valet staff drove guests' cars a little hard (OK that's an understatement, he was beating the snot out of them) but when I brought it to the attention of the hotel manager he assured me it would be taken care of. Absolutely would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank MattBart3975
Jana_Baseel, Fairmont Battery Wharf, Marketing Coordinator at Battery Wharf Hotel, Boston Waterfront, responded to this review, 5 March 2012
Your review describes our desire at Fairmont Battery Wharf to make sure each and every one of our guests has a wonderful experience. Our commitment to providing exceptional service and luxurious amenities for a comfortable stay is important and we appreciate your feedback. It is however unsettling to hear about your experience with Valet. We value that you brought your concerns to the attention to our hotel management during your stay, however we will be sure to follow up with the Operations team on our end, as well. We hope you find a reason to visit us soon, as it would always be our pleasure to host your stay. Thank you.
Canada
Reviewed 28 February 2012

I actually stayed at this hotel in the summer over the July 4th weekend but forgot to review it until now. I honestly can't say anything bad about this hotel, I enjoyed my stay there immensely. I had no issues with the staff who were all friendly and the view from my room which looked out on to water was breathtaking in the day but also to see the lights at night. I really enjoyed my time in Boston and this hotel was gorgeous and super clean (the two things I always look for in hotels). We debated between the Copley Plaza Fairmont and the Battery Wharf and I'm glad we chose Battery Wharf, for the views and it seemed closer to a lot of the Boston attractions (Paul Revere, Mike's Pastry, Faneuil Market, Beacon Hill) and the heritage core. I would recommend this hotel to any friend who asked where to stay in Boston. I had a lovely time and when I left on July 4th there was a ship in the harbour firing cannons (blanks of course ;D) which was fantastic and I watched from my room window. I liked the water taxi directly from the hotel to Logan airport too. I don't think there is a city like Boston anywhere in the world, and I was completely enchanted by the city and this hotel.

Room Tip: There are two parts of the hotel, the main part where the lobby is and the private apartments and ho...
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family