When we first were looking for hotels in Boston, we were overwhelmed by the number of choices. After searching for a couple of weeks we decided on the Fairmont and I'm so happy we did. My husband and I were debating on which room or suite we wanted to book. There are about 11 options and after reading other reviews, we decided on the Deluxe Harbor View Room. This ended up being the best financial move for us. It also gave my husband an excuse to use the savings to eat lobster at every meal! I say, if you're planing on sightseeing, save the money and go for a room.
Here's what we really thought of the place:
Service - Everyone was professional and welcoming. Even though we weren't staying in the most expensive suite, they treated us like we were. I had read such terrible things about Bostonians and how rude they are, but we never encountered this here. The front desk was extremely helpful, just ask and they were on top of it. Nobody hesitated to help.
Sleep Quality - The bed, pillows, duvet, and linens were amazing! Both of us slept comfortably. Every morning we woke up, we felt refreshed. The bed helped a lot to relax us after walking over 5 miles every day. Plus, nothing beats falling into a freshly made bed and propping up your legs.
Cleanliness - The space was very clean. Nothing to complain about. They did a great job of keeping the room and bathroom looking brand new. There were no signs of damage or "funny" business.
Location - You can't beat this location! We had our windows open every night (even on the first floor we felt safe). The breeze from the harbor was our favorite part. When you don't live anywhere near the ocean, you want to enjoy it as much as possible when it's around. We were told by our friends from Boston, to stay in the North End (where the hotel is located). The hotel is situated around a ton of amazing Italian restaurants and sites. Our friends told us to skip the car rental (because parking in the city is near impossible) and the hotel staff told us about the subway/train system. A few blocks from the hotel you can walk to the main part of the city, the rest of the harbor, or to a ton of historical sites. We enjoyed being in the city to shop and sightsee, but my husband and I like our quiet too. This hotel gave us that option. We never felt like we were in any danger walking around. The location was perfect, especially if you want a peaceful night's sleep but be close to the downtown.
Rooms - The bedroom was a comfortable size, even with all the furniture. We had a ton of luggage with us and we never felt like we were cramped. The bathroom was amazing too. The shower was roomy and the vanity/sink area was really nice. I would have to point out, if you are staying here with someone you don't feel comfortable going #2, this is probably not a good option for you. The toilet closet is just a glass door separating you and the rest of the bathroom. Not very smell or sound proof.
Overall - We can't wait for our next trip back to Boston. We will definitely book at the Fairmont again. To us, there's no need to look any where else. Nothing could top the experience and comfort we had here. Plus, we loved the boat taxi from the airport to the hotel. What a great way to be welcomed into Boston!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The centerpiece of Boston's Battery Wharf renaissance, The Battery Wharf Hotel, Boston Waterfront merges the North End's trademark charm with a contemporary appreciation for history and sense of place. Featuring 150 stylishly designed guest rooms and suites with extraordinary waterfront views, this luxurious boutique hotel on the pedestrian-friendly HarborWalk boasts two bars and restaurants, 6,000 square feet of meeting space, an award-winning Spa and Fitness Center and easy access to Boston's bustling Financial District, Freedom Trail, Faneuil Hall Marketplace and TD Garden, New England's premier sports and entertainment arena. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Battery Wharf Hotel, Boston Waterfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont Battery Wharf Hotel Boston
- Fairmont Hotel Battery Wharf
- Fairmont Hotel Boston