Battery Wharf Hotel, Boston Waterfront
US$358
US$340
US$314
1,713 results
All reviewsthe north endmain buildingaragostacoast guardexhale spahanover streetseparate buildingnespresso machinewater taxiold north churchwater viewfreedom trailbeautiful hotelquincy markettd gardenturn down servicebeautiful room
Reviewed 24 November 2013

From check in to check out, could not have asked for a better exprience. Elegant. Comfortable. Perfect stay. The beds are very comfortable. Attention to detail is obvious from toiletries, to towels, to pillows. The waterfront location is beautiful and peaceful. Good restuarants nearby. Will likely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 November 2013 via mobile

This hotel is one of the best fairmonts I've stayed in. You can get a water taxi from the airport to the hotel and it only takes 7 mins.
The hotel is in a great location it's in a quiet area along the water front and only a ten min stroll into the centre.
The rooms are modern and a great size and very clean!
The only thing I was missing was they don't have the usual fairmont breakfast buffet but the breakfast was great regardless!
I would def stay here again!!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 November 2013

GREAT location; beautiful waterfront by the North End Italian restaurants. Very good service (knowledgeable front desk folks; no separate concierge). Beautiful hotel (2 separate buildings), trendy, well-laid out rooms and large lovely bathroom. Comfy beds. The Nespresso machine made such delicious espressos that we came home and bought one. Large well-equipped gym in adjacent building. Constructive criticism? Some scratches in wood door/furniture. The hotel offered reasonable discounts on rates. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank BHE713
Reviewed 18 November 2013

This hotel was a major disappointment. The decor was meh. The sheets were like sandpaper. I could hear the doors of other rooms slamming shut during the night.
Good location near little Italy.
For the price, there are better hotels in Boston.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank DesnaDC
Jennifer Z, Area Manager, Internet Marketing at Battery Wharf Hotel, Boston Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2013

Hello and thank you for sharing your feedback with us here on TripAdvisor. While I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed our waterfront location, I’m sorry you were not completely satisfied with your recent stay. I would like to assure you that I’ve shared your comments with our Director of Rooms. Again, we appreciate your feedback and I hope you will consider giving us another chance to “wow” you on your next trip to Boston.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

Having traveled to Boston for leisure many times, I decided to use the Hot Wire service to book a hotel as I had heard great things about choices provided. One of the 5 Star Hotels suggested was the Fairmont Battery Wharf, and once I saw that I was so excited because the Fairmont has such an excellent reputation world wide. Unfortunately, my experience was anything but 5 Star.

The first night I arrived, my daughter valeted parked her car. She lost the valet ticket and they were all up in arms about, as if it has never happened before.

The room accommodations were something out of the 1970s- very ugly, dated, and TINY.

One evening, when needing ice- was told by the front desk there would be a 35-40 minute wait. Let me add that ice machines are not provided on the guest floors... how inconvenient.

The overall staff enthusiasm was atrocious. They all were very upset about having to do their jobs. Any request seemed to aggravate and annoy them.

The only redeeming quality of this hotel is the proximity to the North End and downtown.

I would NEVER stay here again and I would NEVER recommend someone stay here. I would have been mortified if I had to pay full price for this room and not booked via Hot Wire.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank jimkellster
Jennifer Z, Area Manager, Internet Marketing at Battery Wharf Hotel, Boston Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2013

Hello Jim, and thank you for your post. I’m very sorry to hear that you were not pleased with your recent stay. You are correct in pointing out that we do not have ice machines on the guest floors – I can see how this could be an inconvenience and I will make sure this feedback is shared with our hotel’s leadership team to further assess. I’m disappointed that you felt my colleagues were not helpful – This is unacceptable. We can, and will, do better. Thank you, again, for comments, and I hope you’ll consider giving us another chance on your next trip to Boston.