“Great hotel experience”

Battery Wharf Hotel, Boston Waterfront
Ranked #32 of 86 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 27 November 2013

I am a frequent business traveler so I really appreciate it when a hotel's entire staff are well trained to accommodate business travelers with great service and professionalism. I can't say enough about the entire team at this hotel...every "touch-point" was exceptional from the moment I checked in, to bags delivered, room service, recommendations to the ease of checking out with a lot of luggage. The staff was friendly, responsive, knowledgeable about the hotel and surrounding options, offered great service, and the restaurant had healthy food choices, and something I rarely can say is the best night sleep (I love their beds!). I was on a 10 day business trip in 5 cities and this hotel was the highlight of the trip. I give big kudos to the team and their management for making me feel so welcomed and they deserve my loyalty.

Room Tip: All rooms are great but if you can a view of the water it is a nice addition.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Leslie L
Write a ReviewReviews (1,636)

Reviewed 26 November 2013

Wife and I stayed at the Fairmont Battery Wharf in Boston 3 nights November 22nd-25. We booked a golden room which i recommend as breakfast, appetizer, desser as well as Wi-fi was included. Room was spacious, clean and king size bed very confortable. Hotel is located right on the water in North end. It is close to everything. We did the freedom trail from the hotel and provided us with I-Pods (free) so we were able to have a descriptive of the sights. But what really stands out is the service. we've been to a lot of places. But this time The service level and attention to details was absolutely amasing from everyone at the Fairmont! Everyone goes out of their way to ensure a wonderfull experience. Thanks everyone. Jean-François

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Jennifer Z, Area Manager, Internet Marketing at Battery Wharf Hotel, Boston Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2013

Hello Jean-François, and thank you for sharing your feedback with us! I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay on Fairmont Gold, from the additional benefits included (breakfast, WIFI) to the personalized and attentive service. I look forward to sharing your praise with our Gold team. Thank you, again, for your post and we hope we'll get to welcome you back to Boston soon!

Reviewed 26 November 2013

This hotel is in a great location, on the wharf, near little italy and near the historical parts of Boston, having said that the hotel is a good hotel we just had some minor hiccups but all in all I would recommend this hotel taking all things into account including the price, it was clean the staff helpful the room service could do with a bit of a tweak eg replacing laundry bags and forms, slippers, mouthwash

Room Tip: Get a view
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Hello and thank you for sharing your experience with us here on TripAdvisor. While I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay overall, I'm sorry that you were not completely satisfied with Housekeeping. I've shared your post with our Director of Rooms as I think your comments could represent a valuable training opportunity for our colleagues. Thank you, again, and we hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 26 November 2013

When we pulled up at the hotel we knew we were in for a good experience. The staff were very helpful, providing plenty of information on things to see and places to eat. Our room was simply stunning with a great view across the harbour towards Bunker Hill. The bed was extremely comfortable and very large, the bathroom immense. The location of the hotel is within walking distance of downtown Boston and the Freedom Trail, and only minutes from some great eating places in Little Italy. The bar at the hotel whilst a little pricey was very good

Room Tip: There are three buildings for this hotel, we were in building 1
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 November 2013

we arrived early. everyone was very attentive and friendly. We left our luggage and went to eat because our room was not ready. we were told we had a great room with a view. When we came back they said a room was available and they had upgraded us. they walked us to a different building across the way. no doorman and friendly staff. There was also no view. when asked they said we would have breakfast. this was no upgrade it was a down grade. the breakfast was no better than I have gotten at a holiday inn.
The hotel was nice and it was close to the North end.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank janetw08
Jennifer Z, Area Manager, Internet Marketing at Battery Wharf Hotel, Boston Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2013

Hello Janet, and thank you for your post. While I’m thrilled that you found our Front Desk team attentive and friendly, I’m surprised to hear that you were not pleased with your upgrade to Fairmont Gold. Fairmont Gold is an exclusive, concierge-level offering where service should exceed your expectations – I’m disappointed that we may have fallen short. As for the breakfast offering, which is complimentary only for guests of Fairmont Gold, I have shared your feedback with our Fairmont Gold Manager in the event that this could be improved. Thank you, again, for your post.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

From check in to check out, could not have asked for a better exprience. Elegant. Comfortable. Perfect stay. The beds are very comfortable. Attention to detail is obvious from toiletries, to towels, to pillows. The waterfront location is beautiful and peaceful. Good restuarants nearby. Will likely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 November 2013 via mobile

This hotel is one of the best fairmonts I've stayed in. You can get a water taxi from the airport to the hotel and it only takes 7 mins.
The hotel is in a great location it's in a quiet area along the water front and only a ten min stroll into the centre.
The rooms are modern and a great size and very clean!
The only thing I was missing was they don't have the usual fairmont breakfast buffet but the breakfast was great regardless!
I would def stay here again!!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple