“Excellent accommodations, friendly staff, beautiful location.”

Battery Wharf Hotel, Boston Waterfront
Ranked #36 of 83 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersBronze level
san diego, ca
“Excellent accommodations, friendly staff, beautiful location.”
Reviewed 4 December 2013

I enjoyed my time at the Fairmont very much and highly recommend it to other travelers. In particular the friendly staff made the stay even more delightful. Loubens Bruno went out of his to ensure I made my flight, even personally driving me across town.

• Stayed December 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (321)
  • Turkish first
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 30 November 2013

My wife, sister and brother in law recently spent a weekend in boston. we wanted a hotel that was near the north end and near Quincy marketplace. Well, the Fairmont fit the bill. It was a very short 5 minute walk over the North end with all of its wonderful Italian restaurants and historical sites like Paul Revere's home, then another short walk over to Quincy marketplace.
The rooms were large, clean and afforded a good view of the harbor. The bathroom was exceptionally good as was the king size bed.
We found the staff to be very accommodating, from the doormen to the front desk people to the waitstaff. Everyone had a pleasant attitude and were willing to help out with any question.
We took the breakfast and parking plan and it was well worth it. The breakfasts were very good and the fact that I didn't move my car for 2 days made for an enjoyable stay and accentuated the fact that the hotel was in a really good spot.
A special shout out to the front desk staff. they helped us find a very good restaurant to eat the first night we were there and always had a smile on their faces.

Room Tip: Request the harbor view rooms.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 27 November 2013

I am a frequent business traveler so I really appreciate it when a hotel's entire staff are well trained to accommodate business travelers with great service and professionalism. I can't say enough about the entire team at this hotel...every "touch-point" was exceptional from the moment I checked in, to bags delivered, room service, recommendations to the ease of checking out with a lot of luggage. The staff was friendly, responsive, knowledgeable about the hotel and surrounding options, offered great service, and the restaurant had healthy food choices, and something I rarely can say is the best night sleep (I love their beds!). I was on a 10 day business trip in 5 cities and this hotel was the highlight of the trip. I give big kudos to the team and their management for making me feel so welcomed and they deserve my loyalty.

Room Tip: All rooms are great but if you can a view of the water it is a nice addition.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Leslie L
st-bruno
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Wife and I stayed at the Fairmont Battery Wharf in Boston 3 nights November 22nd-25. We booked a golden room which i recommend as breakfast, appetizer, desser as well as Wi-fi was included. Room was spacious, clean and king size bed very confortable. Hotel is located right on the water in North end. It is close to everything. We did the freedom trail from the hotel and provided us with I-Pods (free) so we were able to have a descriptive of the sights. But what really stands out is the service. we've been to a lot of places. But this time The service level and attention to details was absolutely amasing from everyone at the Fairmont! Everyone goes out of their way to ensure a wonderfull experience. Thanks everyone. Jean-François

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Jennifer Z, Area Manager, Internet Marketing at Battery Wharf Hotel, Boston Waterfront, responded to this review, 13 December 2013
Hello Jean-François, and thank you for sharing your feedback with us! I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay on Fairmont Gold, from the additional benefits included (breakfast, WIFI) to the personalized and attentive service. I look forward to sharing your praise with our Gold team. Thank you, again, for your post and we hope we'll get to welcome you back to Boston soon!
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 26 November 2013

This hotel is in a great location, on the wharf, near little italy and near the historical parts of Boston, having said that the hotel is a good hotel we just had some minor hiccups but all in all I would recommend this hotel taking all things into account including the price, it was clean the staff helpful the room service could do with a bit of a tweak eg replacing laundry bags and forms, slippers, mouthwash

Room Tip: Get a view
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Hello and thank you for sharing your experience with us here on TripAdvisor. While I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay overall, I'm sorry that you were not completely satisfied with Housekeeping. I've shared your post with our Director of Rooms as I think your comments could represent a valuable training opportunity for our colleagues. Thank you, again, and we hope to welcome you back soon!
Worcester, England
Reviewed 26 November 2013

When we pulled up at the hotel we knew we were in for a good experience. The staff were very helpful, providing plenty of information on things to see and places to eat. Our room was simply stunning with a great view across the harbour towards Bunker Hill. The bed was extremely comfortable and very large, the bathroom immense. The location of the hotel is within walking distance of downtown Boston and the Freedom Trail, and only minutes from some great eating places in Little Italy. The bar at the hotel whilst a little pricey was very good

Room Tip: There are three buildings for this hotel, we were in building 1
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Belmont, New Hampshire
Reviewed 24 November 2013

we arrived early. everyone was very attentive and friendly. We left our luggage and went to eat because our room was not ready. we were told we had a great room with a view. When we came back they said a room was available and they had upgraded us. they walked us to a different building across the way. no doorman and friendly staff. There was also no view. when asked they said we would have breakfast. this was no upgrade it was a down grade. the breakfast was no better than I have gotten at a holiday inn.
The hotel was nice and it was close to the North end.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank janetw08
Jennifer Z, Area Manager, Internet Marketing at Battery Wharf Hotel, Boston Waterfront, responded to this review, 27 November 2013
Hello Janet, and thank you for your post. While I’m thrilled that you found our Front Desk team attentive and friendly, I’m surprised to hear that you were not pleased with your upgrade to Fairmont Gold. Fairmont Gold is an exclusive, concierge-level offering where service should exceed your expectations – I’m disappointed that we may have fallen short. As for the breakfast offering, which is complimentary only for guests of Fairmont Gold, I have shared your feedback with our Fairmont Gold Manager in the event that this could be improved. Thank you, again, for your post.