“Great family visit”

Battery Wharf Hotel, Boston Waterfront
Ranked #33 of 85 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 25 January 2014

We stayed here right before New Year's eve 2013 and had a terrific time (me, hubby and 2 teenage daughters). Staff was helpful and friendly, rooms very nice, and the in-hotel restaurant was excellent for both breakfast and dinner. The location is really great too: easy walking distance to the North End, Faneuil Hall/Quincy Market, and the Freedom Trail. The spa was wonderful. We mistakenly left a wallet in the safe. The hotel called my cell phone, but we were already back home in CT. They sent it to us via FedEx using the credit card I had paid with - nothing missing from the wallet. Overall, just outstanding and we would stay here again in a minute.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Laura B
Jennifer Z, Manager at Battery Wharf Hotel, Boston Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2014

Hello Laura, and thank you for your post. I'm very happy to hear that you and your family had a great stay with us in December, and that you enjoyed our restaurant, location, and spa. It's also wonderful to hear that my colleagues were able to swiftly mail you your forgotten wallet! Thank you, again, for sharing your feedback with us and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Area Manager, Internet Marketing

Write a ReviewReviews (1,619)

Reviewed 25 January 2014

From literally the second we arrived until the moment we left, we encountered truly wonderful service and a genuinely warm and personal greeting by the hotel staff. It left us with a favorable impression of the hotel and a desire to return in the future.

There are several people who we felt went above and beyond the call of duty. First of all, on arrival we were greeted at the front desk by Ryan who efficiently processed our check-in. It came to light that we had made a mistake on the reservation but this was quickly and efficiently resolved by Ryan which made for an excellent first impression.

Throughout our stay, we were also very well looked after by Michael and Jing in the Gold team. Nothing was too much trouble for them and they took the time to ensure we were enjoying our stay at the hotel. We really appreciated the friendly, genuine, attentive service in the lounge as well as the attention to details like escorting us to the taxi in the rain with an umbrella without being asked. Both are true assets to Fairmont.

The Fairmont would definitely be our top choice when back in Boston!

Room Tip: Go for a room in the Gold section which comes with lounge access and extra amenities and services wh...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us here on TripAdvisor. I'm so pleased to hear that you found our service to be "exceptional" and genuine - especially that my colleagues Ryan, Michael, and Jing made such a memorable impression! Thank you, again, and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Boston.

Reviewed 23 January 2014

We've stayed at this hotel before and really enjoyed it - and we enjoyed our return visit too! The rooms are large and comfortable, making it a great choice if you are traveling with children. We particularly love the Fairmont because of their wonderful and family friendly service. The restaurant at this hotel also allows children to eat free with one paid adult meal. The children's menu is also very good.

Bottom line - we love this place and it's our go-to hotel when we stay in Boston.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Hello, and thank you for sharing your experience with us again here on TripAdvisor! As a returning guest, it's especially wonderful to hear that we've become your family's "go-to hotel" when you visit Boston. I'm thrilled that you found our hotel welcoming and family-friendly. Thank you, again, for your post and we look forward to your return!

Reviewed 23 January 2014

Absolutely fabulous hotel - great location, service and rooms. The obvious drawback is the price, but once in a while I think it's ok. This hotel has one of the best locations (North End) - very close to restaurants and night life.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Hello Jimmy, and thank you for sharing your comments with us. I'm so pleased to hear that you had a "fabulous" stay with us, especially that you enjoyed our North End location, beautiful guest rooms, and impeccable service. Thank you, again, for your post and we hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 22 January 2014

The staff and management were incredible to our family. The service, attention, care,and kindness exhibited was extraordinary. They made us feel as if this was our "home" rather then just a hotel. Wonderful experience!

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed 20 January 2014

My husband and I stayed overnight to meet my sister who was flying out of Logan the next day. Great location if you want to spend time in the North End and the water front area. Water taxi available to take you to the airport. But what impressed me the most, in addition to the wonderful, professional staff, was the fact that I lost my purse and didn't realize it for a few hours later and I went to the desk to see if someone had turned it in. There is was with a large amount of cash and all of my personal information still inside. So grateful! Will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Easy to Logan and the North End.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Hello Diane, and thank you for your post. I'm very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay overall - our private water taxi stand is certainly a great convenience for guests arriving and departing from Logan Airport. I'm also thrilled to hear that you found my colleagues to be both "wonderful" and "professional." Thank you, again, for sharing your feedback with us.

Reviewed 19 January 2014

My husband and I stayed overnight New Year's Eve as we went to the Bruins game prior. We also ate at their restaurant and we had Will as our server. Will was very attentive and what a hard worker! He made sure we had our meal in a timely fashion so we could make the game. The room was very large and spacious, bathroom very Spacious!! After the game we made our way back to their bar and my son and his friends who were staying nearby joined us and rang 2014 in!!! We had a great time and will be back!!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Hello, and thank you for sharing your experience with us. It sounds like you had a a fabulous New Year's Eve! I'm especially pleased to hear that you enjoyed your meal at Aragosta, and that you found my colleague Will to be so attentive. I have shared your post with our Restaurant Manager as I'm sure he'll be thrilled to hear this great feedback as well. Thank you, again, for your comments.