Battery Wharf Hotel, Boston Waterfront
GreenLeadersBronze level
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Superb”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

We stayed for 3 nights in March. The hotel has several buildings and we were in the "Gold" building. We had a lovely room but we particularly liked the the ground floor room where breakfast was served. It was lovely and peaceful. Breakfast and hors d'oevres were delicious . There was an honesty bar, a fuel effect fire , making it really homely. Service was first class. Highly recommended .

Room Tip: I don't know if the other buildings were as nice but I would recommend the Gold building
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CameronHL
Jennifer Z, Manager at Battery Wharf Hotel, Boston Waterfront, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Hello, and thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I'm so pleased to hear that your experience was a "superb" one - from the many amenities of Fairmont Gold to the "first class" service.

Thank you, and we hope to welcome you back again soon!

Area Manager, Internet Marketing

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (300)
Key Biscayne, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

Located in the North End, the Fairmont Battery Wharf is a wonderful hotel with an exceptional front of house staff. Upon arrival, Khalid, the bell person, graciously showed us to our room, and ensured that we were comfortable and happy. He also made sure we had transportation, as the weather was a bit chilly and wet, and Christopher provided informative livery service to Boston Common. Also, because if the weather, Joe graciously took us to The Garden, as Josh, the concierge, procured great tickets for us to the Celtics game. We also enjoyed weekend jazz in the lobby area, with expertly mixed beverages, and pleasant service. Gwen, the manager, was also instrumental in ensuring our stay was enjoyable. Breakfast in Aragosta was excellent, and our room was comfortable, including high quality linens and pillows. This was our second stay at this property, and we will definitely return again.

Room Tip: I prefer the second floor rooms because they offer more privacy from people jogging or strolling pas...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank worldtravelingtutor
Hello, and thank you for sharing your experience with us. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your visit! In particular, that my colleagues - Khalid, Christopher, Joe, Josh, and Gwen - made your stay all the more memorable. I have shared your comments with our General Manager and other hotel leaders so that these colleagues may be recognized for their great work.

Thank you, again, and we look forward to welcoming you back!

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

Travelled April 2014, x1 night, solo, on business.
278 USD after corporate rate.

As expected from a Fairmont hotel - excellent service, spotless rooms, luxurious room furnishings/bedding/pillows. Newer, modern facility with large rooms. I have stayed in the Back Bay area previously but really enjoyed staying in the North End. Generally quiet at night, and walking distance to the great Italian restaurants in the area (Salem/Hanover street minutes away walking), right off the water.

This has been commented on before - walls seem to be paper thin, doors slamming are heard quite clearly in your room, etc.

Strongly recommend any visitor to sign up for Fairmont President club - ensures that you get free access to their standard WiFi.

Would stay here again, and would recommend to others.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank FlockOfEagles
Hello and thank you for sharing your feedback with us here on TripAdvisor. It's great to hear that you enjoyed our excellent service, well-appointed rooms, and our location on the North End waterfront. While I am sorry to hear that your evening was disturbed by hallway noise, I'm thrilled that you enjoyed your stay overall.

Thank you, again, and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Orford, New Hampshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

Spent a weekend at the Fairmont Battery Wharf recently. Very convenient to attractions and fun location on Boston Harbor. Easy walk to the North End and Haymarket areas. The hotel itself is quiet and clean - not particularly personal or charming. There was no full length mirror in the room, and no book outlining hotel amenities or policies. The hotel seems to hold a lot of events, so it's not a quiet, reflective place. Easy water taxi ride from Logan for $10. Not very near any public transportation. Nice but nothing memorable, and pretty expensive.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Anne D
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed here with our kids for spring break. We spent 3 nights at the hotel and it was excellent! We could walk to many destinations, our favorite being Little Italy where we had dinner each night! The location was beautiful and very convenient to the hop on hop off bus we booked. Would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Boston!

Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Jennifer P
New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014

It's with some regret that I write this review. I travel to Boston often for business, and the Fairmont had once been my favorite place to stay. Little did I know that I was actually being upgraded to Gold those first several visits.

The Gold experience is totally great. Beautiful breakfast in the morning, beautiful hors d'oeuvres by the fireplace in the evening. Wonderful concierge service. Perfect all around.

But the last two stays, I was not given the upgrades, but rather, the Fairmont regular stay. Since I had once had such a great time in the Gold building, I hesitated to post a negative review. But post I must...because Fairmont, if you're reading this, you need to up your game.

Some examples: There is no bottled water at all in building 1, not even a soda machine. There are no refreshments at check-in. If you want something to drink, you can either walk to the main building and ask, or else order something from room service at an exorbitant price. You then wait for twenty to twenty-five minutes...which, when it comes, could be the wrong order.

One morning during a recent stay, I received two wakeup calls that I didn't ask for, which were too early and woke me up and kept me up, sleep-deprived for an important workday.

And so on. These experiences have become rote ever since I began staying at the normal, non-upgraded Fairmont. And sadly, it was once my haven in Boston. I already don't like the Milennium Bostonian, I guess it's onto the Omni Parker House.

Since this is business travel, my trips are expenseable, and so I don't say anything while checking out. But had I been paying the $250 nightly rate for this kind of service, I'd be pretty pissed.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank travelinlady2014
Jennifer Z, Manager at Battery Wharf Hotel, Boston Waterfront, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
Hello,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I'm disappointed to hear that your last two stays did not live up to the standard set by your previous visits. I'd like to take this opportunity to address some of your concerns.

All rooms should have bottles of water on the nightstand - if you did not receive one, or it was not replenished, we certainly apologize. I'd also like to extend our apologies for the unwanted wake-up calls you received - this is absolutely not acceptable. I have shared your post with our Front Office Manager and Director of Rooms, in order to facilitate further follow-up on your comments.

I do hope that in the future, you will feel comfortable expressing such concerns to us during your visit. My colleagues will then be able to address them before you leave, perhaps ensuring a more pleasurable stay. Thank you, again, for your feedback.

Luxembourg District, Luxembourg
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014

Fairmont is a strong label, so expectations are of course at the level and at least at the level of the prices they charge. Well, we enjoyed Boston very very much and the aera around the wharf too. But this was not thanks the Fairmont. People were friendly, especially the valets. In a Fairmont hotel you do not expect to share the television programs of your neighbours but here you can listen three channels in the same time... Not acceptable because the first thing you do expect from an hotel is too sleep. Beds are perfect, so is the bathroom. Breakfast is only "à la carte", no buffet and is very expensive for what you get. So, there is Fairmont and.... Fairmont. We had choosen this hotel because it belongs to the Fairmont company but we were wrong. The hotel is in fact divided in different buildings which obliges you to run between the drops when it rains. And last but not least, the wi-fi is 15,95 $ for 24 hours. Thanks our Fairmont president membership this was waived!

Room Tip: Do not dream to have a room with view on water because the situation of the different buildings of t...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank PhilippeDouvier
Hello Philippe,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. While I'm pleased to hear you found our staff friendly and guest room comfortable, I'm disappointed that you were not completely satisfied with your visit.

We certainly regret that your stay was interrupted by noisy neighbors - such a disturbance can and should be brought to the attention of the Front Desk, so my colleagues there can promptly address it for you. As for WIFI, ours is competitively priced for the city; though as you point out, it is complimentary for Fairmont President's Club members.

Thank you, again, for your post, and we hope to welcome you back soon.