“Gold Level Experience”

Battery Wharf Hotel, Boston Waterfront
Ranked #37 of 84 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Stay in the Gold Level. Staff was very pleasant and helpful when getting tips for traveling in the area. It was very nice to have a great mix of breakfast and hors d'ouevres options; it was much better than your typical hotel continental breakfast. This is well-worth the price difference.

The room was not as great as I expected for a four-star hotel, based on cleanliness and quality of the furnishings. Toiletries were nicer in quality though.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Battery Wharf Hotel, Boston Waterfront

Reviewed 25 April 2014

Excellent hotel, helpful staff. Kinda pricey, I usually save on the hotel, but for those who like it, it is a fair price. Close to little Italy, walkable distance to Quincy market, good walk to downtown

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Part of a business trip. Location is fantastic. Room is fantastic. Check-in-check out staff need to get more customer service training. Ignoring customers is not acceptable. On check in was challenged with reservation information. The hotel had it wrong. Needed to provide my printout which was taken to be copied and they did not want to give it back. At checkout staff standing around talking about getting printouts, ignoring me. I had transportation to catch, not hear about their technical issues (there was nobody else in the line and I just needed verbal confirmation about my checkout).

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Travel_dude850
Jennifer Z, Manager at Battery Wharf Hotel, Boston Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Hello,
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us here on TripAdvisor. While I'm pleased that you enjoyed your room and our North End location, I'm disappointed to hear about your check-out experience. What you describe is unacceptable - and simply not up to our high standards of service. I have shared your post with our Front Office Manager, Gwen Clemens, in order to facilitate further review.

Thank you, again, for your comments. We hope you'll give us another chance to "wow" you on your next trip to Boston!

Reviewed 20 April 2014

I think that this hotel speaks for itself. Located in the North End of Boston it is truly my favorite place to go when I travel to Boston! Only a block away from Hanover St where the best Italian restaurants in Boston exist. I recommend becoming a part of the Fairmont Presidents Club and when you do stay make sure you upgrade to Gold. It offers a more private atmosphere with breakfast, snacks, and desserts included! I was fortunate enough to catch Mike Kottos working at the Gold front desk, he truly treats every guest with the upmost respect and will go out of his way to make sure your stay is a unique experience. Everyone on staff is very professional. When you book a room make sure you request one ending in 01 they are the most spacious!! I will definitely be returning soon to the best hotel in Boston!

• Stayed: April 2014
3  Thank Jroque89
Reviewed 18 April 2014

The Gold Concierge were OVER THE TOP amazing and incredible!! they made our experience in Boston very memorable!! The staff answered all of our questions and provided us with some of the best recommendations to see, do and eat while in Boston. Our concierge made our travel and dinner reservations - and anticipated what we wanted before we even knew. Truly special!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Shae I
Jennifer Z, Manager at Battery Wharf Hotel, Boston Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Hello Shae,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us here on TripAdvisor. I'm thrilled to hear that your stay in our Fairmont Gold building was "over the top amazing and incredible!" I have shared your comments with our Fairmont Gold team, as I know they will be equally pleased to hear that your experience was so special.

Thank you, again, for your post. We look forward to your return!

Reviewed 18 April 2014

Great stay at the fairmont battery wharf- amazing beds and service and felt like an upscale residence - the neighborhood was fantastic - great restaurants within walking distance and water views all along the way and easy walk to Faneuil hall. Water taxi picks you up at their dock in record time and live jazz in the lounge / fire pits outside right by the water made for relaxing evenings- I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Mimi A

Hello Mimi,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I'm thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay, from your comfortable guest room to our waterfront location. I'm glad you were able to take advantage of our private water taxi stand as well as our outdoor fire pits.

Thank you, again, for your post. We hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 17 April 2014

We stayed for 3 nights in March. The hotel has several buildings and we were in the "Gold" building. We had a lovely room but we particularly liked the the ground floor room where breakfast was served. It was lovely and peaceful. Breakfast and hors d'oevres were delicious . There was an honesty bar, a fuel effect fire , making it really homely. Service was first class. Highly recommended .

Room Tip: I don't know if the other buildings were as nice but I would recommend the Gold building
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CameronHL

Hello, and thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I'm so pleased to hear that your experience was a "superb" one - from the many amenities of Fairmont Gold to the "first class" service.

Thank you, and we hope to welcome you back again soon!