“Seriously!”

Battery Wharf Hotel, Boston Waterfront
Ranked #37 of 84 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I have stayed at this hotel so many times it feels like home away from home. Just got back from another 5 day stay for a medical convention. Convention was exhausting but just pulling up to the hotel made me relax and enjoy my evenings. It is wonderful to see Khalid at the front door-he is a gem. Josh (front desk) is outstanding. Gwen helped me with my reservation (due to a few issues) and was awesome to deal with (however she does owe me an email about some reservations in June). My nephew and his fiance live in the North End and love Aragosta and are there 2-3 times a week. Ned, Donna and Graham are wonderful and the food is amazing. I could go on and on...Hope to see you all twice in June.

1  Thank houseelfdobby
Jennifer Z, Manager at Battery Wharf Hotel, Boston Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Hello, and welcome back!
I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your most recent visit - it's always a delight to hear that we've become a guest's "home away from home." In particular, it's wonderful to see such high praise for Khalid, Josh, Gwen, Ned, Donna, and Chef Graham! I look forward to sharing your comments with them, as I'm sure they will be just as thrilled to hear that your visit was such a memorable one.

Thank you, again, and we look forward to welcoming you back in June!

Warm Regards,
Jennifer Zajac
Area Manager, Internet Marketing

There are newer reviews for Battery Wharf Hotel, Boston Waterfront

Reviewed 30 April 2014

If you want to be in the north end of Boston, this is the hotel for you. It is a stone's throw from the action and restaurants of Hanover St. and less than a 10 minute walk from the Aquarium, Quincy Market, Faneuil Hall. Our harbor view room was spacious and well appointed, with a large comfortable work station and 2 other very comfortable chairs. The king size bed was comfortable and the linens were lovely.The bathroom was huge with a large rain shower. I loved that the clothes closet was accessible from the bathroom as well the room entry way! I thought the towels were rather rough for a hotel of this caliber. Of note the carpet in the room had many stains, as did one of the decorative pillows. The reason I did not give this hotel 5 stars, is I felt it had no "soul"--it feels cold and corporate. As nice as it is, I probably would not choose to stay here again.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

We stayed in the Fairmont for one night. Nice hotel, great location and the staff were very helpful. The only downside was that we could hear our neighbour snoring. This was a bit surprising given the general quality and price of the hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Stay in the Gold Level. Staff was very pleasant and helpful when getting tips for traveling in the area. It was very nice to have a great mix of breakfast and hors d'ouevres options; it was much better than your typical hotel continental breakfast. This is well-worth the price difference.

The room was not as great as I expected for a four-star hotel, based on cleanliness and quality of the furnishings. Toiletries were nicer in quality though.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Excellent hotel, helpful staff. Kinda pricey, I usually save on the hotel, but for those who like it, it is a fair price. Close to little Italy, walkable distance to Quincy market, good walk to downtown

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Part of a business trip. Location is fantastic. Room is fantastic. Check-in-check out staff need to get more customer service training. Ignoring customers is not acceptable. On check in was challenged with reservation information. The hotel had it wrong. Needed to provide my printout which was taken to be copied and they did not want to give it back. At checkout staff standing around talking about getting printouts, ignoring me. I had transportation to catch, not hear about their technical issues (there was nobody else in the line and I just needed verbal confirmation about my checkout).

1  Thank Travel_dude850
Jennifer Z, Manager at Battery Wharf Hotel, Boston Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Hello,
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us here on TripAdvisor. While I'm pleased that you enjoyed your room and our North End location, I'm disappointed to hear about your check-out experience. What you describe is unacceptable - and simply not up to our high standards of service. I have shared your post with our Front Office Manager, Gwen Clemens, in order to facilitate further review.

Thank you, again, for your comments. We hope you'll give us another chance to "wow" you on your next trip to Boston!

Warm Regards,
Jennifer Zajac
Area Manager, Internet Marketing

Reviewed 20 April 2014

I think that this hotel speaks for itself. Located in the North End of Boston it is truly my favorite place to go when I travel to Boston! Only a block away from Hanover St where the best Italian restaurants in Boston exist. I recommend becoming a part of the Fairmont Presidents Club and when you do stay make sure you upgrade to Gold. It offers a more private atmosphere with breakfast, snacks, and desserts included! I was fortunate enough to catch Mike Kottos working at the Gold front desk, he truly treats every guest with the upmost respect and will go out of his way to make sure your stay is a unique experience. Everyone on staff is very professional. When you book a room make sure you request one ending in 01 they are the most spacious!! I will definitely be returning soon to the best hotel in Boston!

• Stayed: April 2014