We visited Fairmont Battery Wharf for the Fourth of July weekend. Actually, the visit began before we walked into the lobby. The hotel contacted me prior to my arrival to ask for an approximate arrival time, which I supplied. The day before I arrived, I was able to pre-check in online. It was very nice to be able to communicate with someone at the hotel (it was my first time driving there and was not sure where the hotel was). My GPS was great (I also used Trip-Tik from AAA) and was able to find the hotel, nestled just outside of the main drag of the North End of Boston. The hotel was right on the waterfront with a lovely walkway along the water.
We were able to secure a special "Friends and family" rate, so I couldn't complain too much about the room. It was about 350 sq. ft in size with a nice, large, king sized bed with a wonderflully comfortable mattress. The spa shower was also wonderful, but it was a bit weird not seeing a bathtub. Nevertheless, the bathroom was spacious. Loved the Nespresso coffee machine in the room. We made espressos every morning! A tip to remember, sign up for the President's Club - it allows access to complimentary Wi-Fi and morning newspapers.
Parking in Boston is notoriously expensive (with the Fairmont Battery Wharf no exception). I figured that since I saved on the room, I could splurge on the parking. Parking, according to the email I received from the hotel was $42/night. Ouch! Ok, I'll deal with it. When I reviewed my bill towards the end of the stay, I was charged $45/night! Excuse me??? I called the front desk and explained the situation to Norma, who told me if I could send them a copy of the email, an adjustment to my final bill would be made. I did, (thanks to the free Wi-Fi) and it was. Thank you, Norma!
We did not eat any meals at the hotel because there were so many other restaurant options within walking distance to the hotel. Yes, we even walked around during Hurricane Arthur (complimentary umbrellas supplied by the hotel, thank you very much).
All in all, I highly recommend the Fairmont Battery Wharf hotel as a base for exploring the Boston Harbor Waterfront and North End. It's a beautiful hotel with a staff that goes out of their way to make your stay as comfortable as possible.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The centerpiece of Boston's Battery Wharf renaissance, The Battery Wharf Hotel, Boston Waterfront merges the North End's trademark charm with a contemporary appreciation for history and sense of place. Featuring 150 stylishly designed guest rooms and suites with extraordinary waterfront views, this luxurious boutique hotel on the pedestrian-friendly HarborWalk boasts two bars and restaurants, 6,000 square feet of meeting space, an award-winning Spa and Fitness Center and easy access to Boston's bustling Financial District, Freedom Trail, Faneuil Hall Marketplace and TD Garden, New England's premier sports and entertainment arena. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Battery Wharf Hotel, Boston Waterfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont Battery Wharf Hotel Boston
- Fairmont Hotel Battery Wharf
- Fairmont Hotel Boston