We stayed at the Fairmont Battery Wharf Aug 14 - 17. I drove from Providence to Boston on Thursday where I was working. I returned my car, and had to catch the C / E bus back over to that airport, getting off at the E terminal. Then went downstairs and out side to catch bus #66 that took me to the water taxi. The bus took about 10 minutes as I just missed one, and about 5 minutes to get to the water taxi. There is was $10 one way to take the water taxi to the Fairmont. This was a great experience as I had time before my wife's flight came in later that evening, but all said and done, by the time I dropped the care took 2 buses and the water taxi it was about an hour to get to the hotel. If you have the time I recommend doing it. The water taxi dropped me off right at the Fairmont. The Fairmont had an easy check in process, had a very nice clean room, and had a restaurant right on the water, very nice. The best thing was the location, it was only 3 blocks away from Hanover street which had all the Italian restaurants and pastry and coffee shops. It is in the North end which the Freedom trail runs through. About a 5 minute walk from Paul Revere's house and the Old North Church. Also about a 10 minute walk from Faneuil Hall and the Quincy Market. We took 2 of the walking tours that are free of charge led by the park rangers. All you need to do is show up at Faneuil hall at 9:30 am (for the 10 am tour), or what ever time you like, they do tours on the hour, but they do get busy and full around Noon. We went 2 separate days, and once we went on the south tour and once on the north tour. Just ask them for times of when they do the different tours, Paul Revere's house is on the North Tour. Also at the Fairmont they have an ipod free of charge that you can use to walk the Freedom trail at your own pace, just bring ear plugs.
We ate a few places, Quattro on Hanover street, that had a great fire brick oven pizza's, we were looking for easy food our first night. We also made reservations at Mama Maria's before our trip, this is right near Paul Revere's house, just off Hanover street. Great food, and had a view of Paul's house at dinner.
We visited the Quincy market, all kinds of food and things going on there you can spend some time if you like. We also went up to the original 'Cheers' bar which is a bit of a walk near the Boston Commons. It has the original bar in the basement and a replica of the set bar on the first floor.
Friday night we went a game at Fenway park a must see for baseball fans. We took a black car from the Fairmont it was $25, took a cab back it was $15. Just a note when my wife took a cab from the airport it was $30 ($7 toll fee), when we went to the airport on Sunday we took a black car and it was $25. Go figure. Lots to do around Fenway, there is sausage vendors outside of the park, amazing sweet sausage sandwiches! Went to the Boston Brew Works right outside the park around 5 pm, and it was already busy. Plan to get around the park by 5 pm if you want to enjoy a beet or two.
We also went to Legal to sit on the water on Saturday for lunch. This was close, walking distance to Harpoon brewery. We went to Harpoon around 2 pm on Saturday, and the tours were sold out, also there was a line about 10 minutes to get into the brewery. It is a very big brewery with Beer Hall type tables and a large bar. Plan to get there early if you want a tour.
Overall had a great trip in Boston and at the Fairmont, I look forward to going back.
Also just a note the cab from / to the airport was about 10 minutes on Sunday and Thursday night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The centerpiece of Boston's Battery Wharf renaissance, The Battery Wharf Hotel, Boston Waterfront merges the North End's trademark charm with a contemporary appreciation for history and sense of place. Featuring 150 stylishly designed guest rooms and suites with extraordinary waterfront views, this luxurious boutique hotel on the pedestrian-friendly HarborWalk boasts two bars and restaurants, 6,000 square feet of meeting space, an award-winning Spa and Fitness Center and easy access to Boston's bustling Financial District, Freedom Trail, Faneuil Hall Marketplace and TD Garden, New England's premier sports and entertainment arena. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Odigeo, Hotels.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Battery Wharf Hotel, Boston Waterfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont Battery Wharf Hotel Boston
- Fairmont Hotel Battery Wharf
- Fairmont Hotel Boston