“Perfect Romantic Getaway”

Battery Wharf Hotel, Boston Waterfront
Ranked #32 of 86 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 29 November 2009

My wife and I stayed at the fairmont battery wharf for our anniversary and found it perfect. The room was beautiful with contemporary designs, the marble bathroom was beautiful with a walk-in rainforest shower. The staff were all friendly and helpful. Its nice because it's right by the water where it is nice and quiet as opposed to in the middle of boston where it's noisy with all the cars and such. It's a two minute walk to Hanover St. where there are great authentic italian restaurants and a 10-15 minute walk to the government center/haymarket T stop which will take you anywhere in boston. We went to the Sensing hotel restaurant for brunch and had delicious crepes and blueberry pancakes as well as some fresh squeezed orange and grapefruit juice. Wonderful hotel! Pictures are from the 2nd floor of Building 3, in the Junior King Suite

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,621)

Reviewed 19 November 2009

We stayed here one night, during an overnight layover in Boston. We loved being able to take the water taxi from the airport. Comfortable beds, beautiful bathrooms, and friendly staff. The hotel's close proximity to the North End was an added bonus. I agree with other reviewers that the setup is a little different than most Fairmonts, but that did not take anything away from our experience. We definitely would stay here again!

Reviewed 16 November 2009

I've stayed at a number of Fairmont Hotels. Battery Wharf is a fairly new hotel built on a pier in Boston's North End Boston on the water. Location is nice if you want to walk the North End of Boston which is a lot of fun. It is a nice property but a bit confusing. Two buildings. Lobby/bar/dining/reception in one and have to go outside to get to the other building where at least half of the rooms are located. I think this would not be very appealing in Boston winter! The rooms are a bit eclectic. First room I was given was ground floor looking out onto a pedestrian path. No privacy as folks taking a stroll could look into your room so. Also, the room was tiny. No desk to work on a laptop. Bedside tables were two little metal boxes on the floor...just wierd design choice. I asked to be switched to a different room on an upper floor and was accomodated. This room was much roomier with a desk. It was a very nice room in tune with my expectations for the hotel when I booked a room. I may stay again but I would be very specific about rooms. So-so fitness facility in a converted hotel room. Not what you'd expect for luxury hotel.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank UWHusky
Reviewed 2 November 2009

My Husband and I loved this hotel......Do not have one bad thing to say about this place!!

Reviewed 22 October 2009

We stayed at thsi hotel for a weekend getaway on September. It was not was we expected. teh hotel was very nice, but the service was not was it was expected. We took the water taxi and noone helped us when we arrived to the hotel. the hotel put us in a handicapped room and they changed us 20 minutes to the closest room to the front desk, extremely noise. I had to ask 3 times the front desk lady to see the manager. it took them another 45 minutes to get us another room. We will not come back to this hotel. We have also stayed at the Lenox and it was a lot better

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank asturias2905
Reviewed 17 October 2009

I stayed for 3 nights in early October after staying 4 nights at the Intercontinental. Got the room on a friends and family rate of $150 per night which I felt was outstanding value in light of the quality of the staff and hotel.

The room was nicely furnished and a good size, even with two kings it didn't feel cramped. Large LCD TV and phone with data system was a nice touch, along with a phone that could be used anywhere within the hotel.

At all times staff were friendly and courteous, addressing me by name on many occasions. They were very knowledgeable about the area and the doorman were always able to get us taxis very quickly, despite the hotel itself not having a rank.

I only ate in the restaurant for breakfast, however the food and service were excellent - truely outstanding croissants! In the evenings however there are just too many good restaurants in Boston and I ate out instead.

Overall a superb stay and only one minor quibble - when I returned home I noticed a charge had been placed on my card for minibar items that I hadn't consumed. One phonecall was all it took to rectify this issue, with no argument or query. Small things like this when properly handled are what set apart quality hotels from the rest.

I would return in the future and indeed hope to do so.

One last tip... If arriving from or going to Logan take a water taxi to the hotels dock. $10 per person is cheaper than a taxi and more to the point it is a great way to approach the city and appreciate the beautiful skyline.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 October 2009

We pricelined 4 star hotels for a quick overnight trip and got the Fairmont for $125. I looked on their website and rooms started at $400/night.
We could never have afforded the $400, so I am extremely happy we were able to stay here.
The hotel is absolutely beautiful, the setup is a little different, 4 individual buildings separated by a driveway/courtyard. The hotel has upscale furnishings, beautiful bath with rain showerhead and robes.
We asked for a change of room when we got there because we noticed a cleaning problem in the bathroom. The staff immediately switched us to another room, walked to the new room with us and made sure every inch was clean and then took a picture of our complaint in the first room. They took this very seriously and Ive never been treated so well, impressive.
We had a drink at the bar and they have the best veg chips (made right there) I have ever eaten. The ambiance was beautiful
This hotel is a block from the North End and all the Italian restaurants.
There are no close T stops, so be prepared to walk alittle or get a cab. Boston is a walking city anyway
I would go back to this hotel any time --- it was beautiful.