1,918 results
All reviews the north end main building coast guard aragosta exhale spa hanover street nespresso machine water taxi water view old north church freedom trail walking distance beautiful hotel td garden quincy market turn down service beautiful room
Reviewed 11 September 2010

I've read many great reviews about this Fairmont hotel and have to say they were right! This hotel is spot on on everything. Helpful staff, wonderful and squeaky clean rooms, nice location. Check in and check out went very smooth, being a member of Presidents Club gives few niceties, internet in room was free and fast. This is a wonderful hotel for my business travel but would use it as well for travel with my family.

Date of stay: September 2010
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank InterMMiami
Reviewed 7 September 2010

This hotel is lovely and located conveniently in the north end for sight seeing and dining. We particularly enjoyed walking to numerous destinations (aquarium, quincy market, uss constitution, and the north end restaurants). It is not particularly near a subway station so walking and taxi are your best bets. The hotel and parking are expensive but we got a pretty good deal on travelzoo.

Date of stay: April 2010
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 7 September 2010

We stayed at the Fairmont Battery Wharf for one night at the end of our trip through New England. We were chekced into a standard bedroom

+ modern interior, very comfortable beds, oversized bathroom with direct access to the closet (however, without a bathtub).
+ good location: within walking distance to all the sights in downtown Boston and direct access to the private watertaxi shuttle to Logan Airport (15 min boat trip across Boston Harbor with a beautiful view of the skyline).

- We dined at the hotel restaurant and paid 106+19USD tip for a total of 125 USD. The tip was already quite generous as the service was average at best. For instance, one of the service people did not even know what they were serving us.

While checking out, I reviewed the items on my hotel bill and realized by chance that instead of 125 USD, I was charged 130 USD for my dinner. Thus, someone at the restaurant tried to inflate the tip. While the difference is only minor in monetary terms and was corrected by the front desk staff, I find this incident highly disturbing and far from acceptable for a hotel of that standard.

- there is no spa, swimming pool, hot tub, sauna, steam bath, etc.
- noisy airconditioning in the room.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
FairmontBWB, Manager at Battery Wharf Hotel, Boston Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2010

Dear Kolldan,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay! We are glad you were able to enjoy all the Boston sights located all around our property and even take a trip on the water taxi!

Please accept my apologies for the billing error in Sensing. I am happy you caught this mistake and told us so we could fix on the spot, and I can assure you that this was not intentionally done or was in no way meant to make you feel uncomfortable. Rest assured that we have taken the necessary steps to prevent this event from occurring again. We are always looking for ways to improve our service and will continue to strive to do so. Please reach out to me at 617-994-9056 if additional changes to your bill are needed.

As an ever growing complex we do hope that you will give us another chance as we welcome new partners in the beginning of next year, including an Exhale Spa in January 2011!

Warm Regards,

Thuy Cao
Director of Outlets

Reviewed 1 September 2010

Stayed at this hotel with husband and adult son and was very impressed with this hotel. The staff are definately a selling point in this hotel as they were superb from the moment we checked in to the moment we left again. Chris who is part of the restaurant staff was absolutely wonderful, very professional, hard working and couldnt do enough for us as well as knowing a lot about the area. This can also be said about another staff member (sorry cant remember her name) but she called us 'her little family' and really took care of us whilst we passed some time in the 'living room' where we took refuge from the heat outside most late afternoons and had some cocktails and nibbles as we did so. She was wonderful. We took the water-taxi from the airport to the hotel and this was very efficient and easily navigated and would definately recommend as the easiest and smoothest way to travel.
If there was a downside and this is very small it would be that if you needed large towels or anything else you had to ask as it was not always available in the room but saying that in asking nothing was a problem as was delivered to the room promptly. I had also spoken with a few people who had been upgraded to the Gold building as a matter of course and who were not a gold member and as we were three adults it would have been good to have more space available to us but we booked through Expedia as a last minute booking and have heard that unless you book directly with the hotel then these 'specials' are not likely to happen.

Reviewed 31 August 2010

On a recent trip to Boston, I had the absolute pleasure of staying at this property. I had booked through Fairmonts Central Reservations but later called the hotel directly to ask a question. I am thrilled I made that call. A Fairmont Gold representative, Ishan, answered. After chatting and gaining more information I chose to upgrade to the "Gold" building, a wonderful decision.

Upon check-in we were escorted to the separate building, by a very knowledgeable and friendly staff member. Check in was seamless, and our room was a lovely corner room. I had booked a harbor view in the main building, and while this room did indeed have an appealing view, it's not harbor front. Nonetheless, the room, decor, and bathroom, were all lovely. The linens were top quality and beds were very comfortable. The recliner might be the most comfortable chair I've ever sat in. The large (functioning) windows were delightful and made the already spacious room that much more enjoyable. A flat screen, coffee/espresso machine, well stocked mini-bar, and ample seating, were also enjoyed.

Over the weekend we took great advantage of the lounge and it's patio area. The meals/snacks and drinks were all top notch and the entire area was spotless and meticulously maintained by the gold staff members. Although we found later that the hotel was full, the lounge was never crowded and the offerings were creative and plentiful.

In closing I will say what made the stay at the Fairmont truly memorable was the staff. Ishan Johnson is a gem. Attentive, professional, caring and very concerned with his guests comfort and happiness. Ishan, Johnathan Greenberg, and indeed all the staff we had the pleasure of dealing with were beyond compare. Certainly when we return to Boston, this will be our only choice for accommodations.

Pros:
Location, location, location! The close proximity to ample attractions and restaurants made it perfect for a base point. Lovely harbor front location, and very short ride to/from the airport.

Decor, comfort and amenities. First class.

Staff, simply beyond compare!

Cons:
No bedside alarm clock nor i-pod docking station. A trivial complaint and almost not worth mentioning.

The flat screen is fixed and wall mounted, making it difficult to view from the bed(s). Again, trivial...except when you're arguing over who gets to sit in the incredible recliner!

• Trip type: Travelled with friends