“Very nice hotel”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Seattle, Washington
“Very nice hotel”
Reviewed 10 December 2010

I like Fairmont Hotels in general - however, the Fairmont Battery Wharf is even better. New construction, beautiful views from many rooms, very friendly staff plus a great location. We walked to the Freedom Trail from the hotel - very walkable for my parents and me. The lady at Front Desk gave us a tour of the room. The room was so clean. The experience was superb.

• Stayed September 2010

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (318)
  • Turkish first
Kentfield, CA
Reviewed 1 December 2010

We were in Boston as our kids were learning about the age of the discovers and the formation of our country. Our hotel was very well situated with a charming staff. Our breakfasts were truly yummy. Our kids loved the view of the water from our very spacious corner room. I wish we could have taken the water taxi from the airport.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
Mass
Reviewed 29 November 2010

I stayed here for a one night get away and had a coast guard view. I looked at a room for $40.00 more with a harbor view but the view was not worth it because it was on the second floor of building 2 and not far out enough on the wharf to get a real view of the harbor.

The room was clean and nice and the bed was comfortable but I hav a few suggestions:

First the website stated they have a shrimp event but they do not. As easy as it is to update content on a websire I am surprised they have incorrect information on the hotel site.

Lobby Living Room

"Gather with friends for cocktails and lighter fare in our Lobby Living Room, the perfect meeting place before exploring the North End. Or come for our trendy, seasonal and regional ‘Shrimp Uninterrupted’ happy hour on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday’s from 5:00 to 7:00 pm. For just $10 indulge in an unlimited buffet of crisp and succulent shrimp. " They do no thave this and they have a small container of warm nuts. This is very dated informaiton I was told by the front desk.

Second, we had a king room and only one large towel was in the room. We did not call the front desk to wait for them to bring up a towel. I know about being green but this was a little much.

Third, the bathdoor for the toilet is glass and does not have a stop on it so it bangs each time you close it.

The valet outside told us about a great place to have breakfast without even being asked. Norht Street Grille was great and he was great to ask us if he could help us find something befiore we even asked.

The parking was over $40 per day so we parked at International Place for $9.00 on a weekend rate. It is a walk but we left our luggage off then we stopped by some stores on the way there.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sailboston
New York City, New York
Reviewed 10 November 2010

I stayed here with my boyfriend in July...everything went well (except our TV broke the second night and we had a repairman in there for an hour at 3am...how romantic) until about three months later when they unexpectedly charged me for our second night. I had booked the stay through a third party and upon check out, was informed all charges were taken care of and when i asked for a receipt several times, they told me there were no charges and had no receipt. Fast forward to November, and I see a charge on my bank account for the equivalent of a night stay. Ok...I may or may not owe this. I"m not sure because I used a different card with the third party and have to contact them (I closed the card), but what kind of business charges you that amount of money out of blue without any attempt to contact you? And why on earth do you still have my credit card information on file? They couldn't produce anything that I signed, authorizing the charge and refused to refund the charges. And it's so sneaky because, according to my bank, since the services were rendered more than 20 days ago, there's nothing my bank can do for me either. Such bad business. I'll never stay there again.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ericky1
FairmontBWB, Manager at Battery Wharf Hotel, Boston Waterfront, responded to this review, 16 November 2010
Dear ericky1,

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your experience at Fairmont Battery Wharf. We apologize for the confusion surrounding your stay and for charging for your accommodations in a tardy manner. Billing issues, while rare, are unfortunate. However, I can assure you that this is an unusual occurrence. Again our apologies for this situation, and we do hope that you’ll give the hotel another try in the future.

Regards,

Kristen Stabile
Director, Front Office
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 7 November 2010

This hotel is truly a pleasure. My boyfriend and I went for a one night stay and arrived late that night. The staff was extremely accomadating and helpful, even walking us to our room. The room itself was great, clean, modern and simple. The bed was extremely comfortable and the dark curtains allowed for a very very deep sleep. The next morning we enjoyed the location of the hotel, in the heart of the North End. I truly recommend this hotel for its location, service and value!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
Chicago
Reviewed 7 November 2010

We didnt stay at this hotel, but did check it out and view a room. Seems like it would be a great hotel if you want a quiet area of town. We thought it might be fun to stay closer to the action part of the time, and here part of the time. The hotel is on the wharf, and a short walk from both North End (Italian and history) and Faneuil Hall area (shops and street performers). The rooms were nice, and the staff were very friendly.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Dallas
Reviewed 6 November 2010

I got a good price for this hotel on a travel site. I decided to try it, though I usually stay elsewhere when I am in Boston. Let me cut to the quick:
1. Hotel has very big rooms and bathrooms (marble)
2. This is absolutely "no frills" though it is clean and modern. Very masculine.
3. I can't tell you about the "bar" or "restaurant" personally, as I was not even interested
looking for it.
4. This hotel was made for a businessman's trip. Women, go elsewhere.
5. You will probably not stay where there is a front desk, bar, or restaurant in your
building.
There are 4 different buildings and the 1st and 2nd floor are the hotel rooms.
Of course there is no ice machine, so one must wait for room service from
another building to bring you ice.
6. Be prepared to direct every taxi to your hotel, as no one appears to know where this
hotel is, though it has been opened for 2 years.
7. The hotel has no concierge, as they will tell you that all that work at the desk are
the "concierge"
8. If you need a cab fast, you are out of luck
9. Better know where you are going in the North End, (which is basically where the
hotel is), because believe me, no one at the hotel knows where anything is.
10. If you want to see Boston for vacation reasons, avoid this hotel, as you really pretty
much already need to know what there is and how to get there.
11. Room service breakfast sucks. Pancakes were heavy and ice water must be asked
for.
12. Hotel is not near anything, but would really be ideal for hiding out, in case you ever
want to. (This is why taxis cost more than you will ever spend anywhere else in
Boston)
13. Restaurant menu at the hotel, "Sensing" looks like an overpriced 1990's menu. I d
don't see this becoming a place to dine in Boston, as there are so many more
reasonable and delicious cuisine to be had

• Stayed October 2010, travelled solo