“The Copley House Was Excellant!”
Review of Copley House

Copley House
Ranked #67 of 84 Hotels in Boston
Reviewed 11 June 2013

Great Location. Surrounded By Great Resteraunts And Shopping. Beautiful Parks And Easy Access To Public Transportation. Great Apartments!!! If
You Enjoy Walking, Historic Sites Are Just A Shirt Walk Away.

• Stayed: June 2013

Reviewed 9 June 2013

At first, I reserved different hotel, however, I changed to Copley House by an accident.
It was very happy to have staying here because rooms are pretty &comfortable and also staffs are so kind!!
I 'd like to stay here again when I come to Boston.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 4 June 2013

The location is superb: in the middle of quiet residential area, no one would recognize it as a hotel , still it's only about 1 minute to the subway station (Prudential Tower), and good shopping area with Shows (supermarket), Trader Joe's (grocery store), a lot of fancy restaurants, and expensive fancy hotels. The price is reasonable, i.e., 30% to 50% less than Sheraton or Hilton which are only 3 minute walk. equipped with kitchen, frig, micro, electric cooking range, dish washer, and coffee maker, you would rather enjoy cooking steaks, lobsters, and/or oysters. it's only 10 minute walk to the Museum of Fine Arts of Boston, 10 minutes to Copley Square, 15 minutes to Boston Common, and 25 minutes to the wharf where whale watching cruise starts. The only problem was some rooms' ventilation: cooking well-done steak may cause the fire alarm to warn you (and the fire department) with the smoke. I would surely recommend my friends this hotel and I myself would love to stay again.

Room Tip: The rooms on the West Newton Street is highly recommendable.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank OzzieOtaS
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Chose this property for location to NEU. We had unit 307 on St. Stephen St. PERFECT location to be close walk to our son's apt on NEU campus.

We were disappointed to arrive at the office to see a note on the door indicating that they had stepped away and would be back shortly - and - in case of emergency ...call a given number. We waited 20 min before calling - only to reach a voicemail at ALL numbers posted for the property on the sign at the door and on the website. Eventually - a gentleman answered (we obviously interrupted his dinner) - but he did check us in promptly - and drove us the apt on St. Stephen St.

The apt is very much as described and the perfect size for our 2 night stay. The linens on the bed were crisp and clean. As indicated by the other reviews - we planned to NOT use the sleeper sofa bed...and packed 2 twin sized air mattresses and bedding. Not exactly convenient (because we flew into Boston) - but glad that we planned ahead. We did check out the pull out bed - and the frame was actually WIRED for added support. Maybe they should just put an air bed in the closet to offer for guests instead of offerring the sofa bed (which really would not be able to be used as a bed).

It was very much ilke staying at a friends apt...nice enough to not want to really complain - but there were a few things that you would change (if you could). In this case...I would say to either clean or remove the area rug in the living room. The white patch on the wall in the bathroom I would resolve and paint. The bath/shower I would bleach and re-caulk if it could not be completely cleaned.

Would we use the apt again - yes, but I would have to pack air beds again (if we had more than 2 of us in the room) - and I would pack bleach to clean the shower.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Jacqui G
Reviewed 28 April 2013

A nice cheap option, but I wasn't informed until I showed up that my actual room location was several blocks away. I was in town for a conference, and brought business wear accordingly, expecting the address sent in my confirmation to be the address where I would stay. I love walking around Boston, and had I simply known that my room would be several blocks from my conference site, I'd have packed accordingly!
Secondly, the St. Stephen St. location seems to be inhabited and surrounded by young college-aged students, who keep very late hours, and young families with children. The walls are extremely thin. I alternately heard crying babies and drunk 20-somethings in the few hours I had to rest and catch up on work. Bring earplugs.
Finally, the internet just flat out doesn't work. It's slow and then drops. I had to turn my phone into a hotspot and waste my data.
All in all, I would have stayed in a more expensive hotel if I could afford it given the lack of sleep, hassle, and extra costs I incurred. But since Copley House is the only game in town at this price, make sure they confirm your location before you get there -- and let's hope they improve the internet service soon.

Room Tip: confirm location of your reservation -- several locations exist.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank anonymouse24
Reviewed 28 April 2013 via mobile

I spent a night at the Copley House after a Red Sox game. We were nervous we would miss out in their "limited $15 parking", but we got a spot at 4PM - score! We were also upgraded for free to a large suite - double score! Everyone I emailed, telephoned, or saw face to face was very kind and friendly and helpful. My only one "complaint" was that our room was right next to the supply closet (I believe), so in the morning there was a bit of commotion just on the other side of our wall. Other than that, perfection!

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 26 April 2013

I stayed just one night when I flew to Boston to help my son move out after his first year at Northeastern. The price is excellent when everything else in the area was $300 midweek. The buildings were beautiful and the location was perfect - near Northeastern for me but also near the Prudential Center for any visitor. The apartment was large and spacious with an updated kitchen and bath. The neighborhood was perfect on a quiet street just off the main street. ( St. Botolph) The windows were very old and I'm not sure how well they would do keeping out a draft but for April they were perfect and I opened them to get some fresh air. I loved my stay here and will be staying here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo