“if you love brownstones & quiet streets”
Review of Copley House

Copley House
Ranked #67 of 85 Hotels in Boston
Reviewed 6 December 2013

We'll take eccentricity and insufficient sound insulation in return for a walkable historic neighborhood, (South End) gorgeous park half a block away (Southwest Corridor), walking distance from BAck Bay Station and Copley/Prudential shops. Whole Foods half a mile away. We stayed in room 104 (studio in central building) with a more than adequate kitchenette, including pots and cutting board. Only drawback terrible sound insulation and 4 guys who came in late and kept us up 2 nights in a row. If you like spotless cookie-cutter new hotel rooms, this is not your place. If you love the Tabard Inn in DC, you'll probably like this too.

Room Tip: we liked 104 in main building ground floor but didn't see others... quiet at back of house.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank MillValleyTrueLotus
CopleyHouseBoston, Manager at Copley House, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

Great review! I really appreciate the points of feedback you left for us. We're under new management as of this year and guest feedback is absolutely a priority for us as we constantly take steps to make Copley House an incredible value in the heart of Back Bay. The note you left about sound insulation in 104 will prove to be very helpful for us moving forward.

Thank you for choosing us for your stay and hopefully we'll see you again someday!

Reviewed 28 November 2013

First of all, this is an apartment hotel, so instead of a room you get a fully equipped studio with private bathroom and cooking facilities. It is not exactly at the location where the official Copley House address, but just around the corner, 5 min. walk to be precise. This is where you first have to go for check in, which is handled in a minute, you just receive the keys, address, and a couple of essential phone numbers.
I had an economy studio and there was definitely enough space for 1 person or a couple unless one has loads of luggage. The room was cleaned every day, the bed is very comfortable, there is a variety of kitchen utilities, mini-fridge, microwave oven, stove and coffee machine available.
The area is very nice and quiet, and the front door of the house is always well locked as well as every studio, so I did not feel unsafe in any respect at any point. The whole house is a 'Copley house' so all people staying in are travellers. The studio next to me was being renovated during my stay, so in the mornings and early afternoons I could hear noise co0ming from there.
The location where I was accommodated could be easily reached from Prudential or Symphony stations on the Green line, there is 7/11 nearby and a big shaws supermarket next to Prudential mall, the mall also has a big food court.
The only down side of my stay at Copley was insufficient room heating. While temperature outside stayed around 45F it was perfectly fine, but after it dropped down to 25F (-3C) it was quite cold in the room.

Room Tip: The house at St.Botolph street has 3 floors, steep staircase and no elevator, so if you have heavy l...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank MashaTrofimoff
CopleyHouseBoston, Manager at Copley House, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

Thank you so much for staying with us when you were in Boston, Masha! And thanks for leaving such a great, detailed review about your experience. Overall I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay so much. It seems like you had a fun trip.

With that said, I appreciate your comment about the temperature in your room. We're under new management as of this year and we're constantly looking for ways to improve. Your feedback really does help. Also, if you are ever back in Boston again, please do feel free to let us know right away if there is anything we could be doing to make you more comfortable.

Thanks again for the review and I hope we'll see you again someday!

Reviewed 22 November 2013

I try to come and visit my best friend as often as possible. When I do we like to catch a Bruins game or just enjoy the city for a night or two. I absolutely feel in love with Copley House as soon as I got there. Keep in mind, the rooms are tiny. The location,hospitality and cleanliness make up for the small space. It was cozy and all I could ask for in a Boston hotel experience! I did NOT want to leave.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Katie M
CopleyHouseBoston, Manager at Copley House, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Thank you for staying with us, Katie! Hopefully you caught a good Bruins game this time around. They're starting to look pretty consistent, which is a great sign for such a talented team.

I really appreciate your review, and I'm so happy to hear that you always feel cozy and comfortable with us. Next time you're headed to the city, we'll have a room waiting!

Reviewed 16 November 2013

The first put off was that the actual apartment was a little distance from the reception, on a different street. But thanks to the Management who made arrangements to transport our lugguage.

Stayed 2 nights - for an apartment stated to be for 4 adults, it was quite tiny. The bedroom in particular was very small with almost no room other than the bed. The kitchen area was also inadequate.

The best thing about the property is its location. Getting an apartment at this cost at the centre of Boston was great!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Krishna D
CopleyHouseBoston, Manager at Copley House, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Thank you for the review, Krishna! We're extremely fortunate to have the location that we do, and one thing that makes our location possible is having rooms on a few neighboring streets. With that said, we will always help with transportation of luggage and I'm glad that was your experience. I appreciate your feedback about the room itself. Would you please elaborate a little further about what you think made the kitchen area inadequate? We're under new management this year and we're putting a lot of effort into making new improvements to elevate our service. Some more detail could really help!

Either way, it seems like overall you had a pretty good stay and I want to thank you for choosing us. Hopefully you liked Boston enough to come back soon.

Take care,

Reviewed 13 November 2013

My fiancée and I stayed here for three nights this weekend (November 2013). We we apprehensive at first but then once we got there, the studio was perfect. It was warm, cozy, clean and it had everything you need for a long or short stay. The economy studio was a lot bigger than we expected, very spacious, with a dinning table and a small kitchennette. The shower was very big and the bathroom was spacious. Clean towels and warm comforters were available along with shampoo and soap. The kitchen has the basic tools and even some sugar, coffee, tea, salt and peper.The neighbourhood is very beautiful and quiet, near Prudential Center, Boston Commons and the Public Garden. My fiancée and I loved it, it felt like home and we miss it already. I wish we could've stayed longer because it felt so cozy. I will definitely stay here next time I come to Boston.

Room Tip: Studios are situated on a few blocks near and on West Newton, and the staff will take you to yours i...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mimi B
BostonUser, Manager at Copley House, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2013

Sounds like you had a great time in Boston, Mimi! That's wonderful to hear, it's such an amazing city. Thank you for choosing us for your stay. Nice to know you were so pleasantly surprised by all of our amenities, and that you took advantage of our location by getting out to Prudential, the Commons and the Public Garden. Let us know if you're ever planning a trip to New England again, we'd love to have you stay with us. All the best, Christian - General Manager

Reviewed 11 November 2013

Great room, comfy bed, cozy bed linen, useful kitchenette, super clean, free Wifi. The best location- 2 minutes walk to prudential T station, 5 minutes walk to many restaurants (PF Changs, Cheescake factory), and a supermarket. Only challenge was the tiny bathroom. Also recommended to try the excellent breakfast or the Obama burger at the nearby Charlie Sandwich Shoppe. We stayed in West Neuton St, and enjoyed every minute. Will definitely return if we get back to Boston.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TTami
BostonUser, Manager at Copley House, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

Hopefully you'll make it back to Boston soon! We'd love to have you stay with us again. Thanks for the fantastic recommendation, and I'm so happy to hear you had such a nice time in Boston. Charlie's especially was a great place to grab lunch. They have a really cool history in Boston. A fun little story about them is that when they decided to close on Sundays after 32 straight years of being open 24/7, they had to make keys because nobody had one.

All stories aside, I appreciate you taking the time to write us a review and hopefully we'll see you in the city again someday!

Reviewed 11 November 2013

Stayed at this place during the first week of November 2013. We requested a large studio and found out that it was a different building number (on same street) but was on the fourth floor. There was no elevation and the stairs were sort of narrow. If stair climbing is an issue then this studio is not recommended. The room was comfortable with a queen sized bed a large sofa. We travelled with a teenager that used the sofa as is and so we didn't check to see if it actually pulled out and became a bed. The room was clean and there was a small kitchen with a stove and refrigerator. The shower head was okay as long as you don't mind one set water flow. It would have been better for management to change the shower head and that would have made it an even better experience. The location of the property is close to the Prudential Center, on a nice quiet street with a supermarket and 711 store nearby. Everything was within walkable range, if you are so inclined or the subway was two blocks away. Except for the two small issues with the stairs and shower, I would recommend this place.

Room Tip: Not more than a family of three.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Workingassets

Thanks for the feedback! Great to hear that overall you had a really nice stay. The even better news is that we're under new management as of this year, so we're actively collecting guest feedback to see where improvements can be made. Your two main critiques are very helpful and we'll learn from them. So, I really appreciate you sharing!

Everything else seemed to go really well for you and your family. Hopefully we'll see you again next time you're in Boston.

Take care,