“Great for morning flights”

Hilton Boston Logan Airport
Ranked #57 of 84 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 13 July 2011

We stayed here overnight prior to a morning departure. What a great way to avoid the morning stress of getting to the airport on time. We returned our rental car, took the shuttle to the airport, printed boarding passes then walked to the hotel. The room was great - clean, quiet with comfortable beds. Use of the pool and spa area downstairs was also included in stay- the lap pool was a real treat, there is also a whirlpool, steam room and sauna. WiFi is supposed to be included but did not work for my son. He did not call the desk for assistance so with more persistance it probably could be worked out.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 13 July 2011

The services were great, Shirley was be able to accommodate early check in and late check out as well. She provided an excellent Customer Services. Will definitely recommend to friends. Great location, sky-bridge connected to the terminal directly, shuttle bus to the T station.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 July 2011

What was important to me during this stay:
Ease of getting into the city
Comfort of room
Low noise level from airport & other guests

The hotel shuttle not only picked me up at the airport, but also took me to the Airport T Station (Blue Line) that could get me almost anywhere else, but they also took me to the rental car lot. Quite the nice shuttle service.

The room was unspectacular, but very comfortable. At check in I requested a view of the harbor and they were able to accommodate.

I did not hear any noise from the airport or my hotel guest neighbors.

Staying in Boston proper would probably be more convenient for those visiting for more than a quick stop over, but this hotel suited my needs perfectly.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 July 2011

Traveled to the Boston area for business in a city about 45 minutes away. Decided to stay at this hotel due to the convenence of turning in the rental car the evening prior to my early morning flight and being able to walk to my gate via the Skybridge. The hotel was nice and the room was comfortable. The walk to the airport via the Skybridge from the hotel took less than 10 minutes. A note to those who plan to stay at this hotel after returning their rental car in the late evening hours....If you call the hotel to arrange the complimentary pick-up from the airport to the hotel, just tell the dispatcher the name of one of the airlines that are displayed on the overhead signs by the complimentary bus transportation pick-up. The dispatcher I spoke with didn't seem to know how to react when I told them I had arrived on a different date and was dropped off at the airport by the rental car transport.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 June 2011

We stayed at this hotel for two nights after returning from a trip abroad. I was very impressed with this property, and surprised that there was absolutely no airport noise. Our room was spacious enough and the bed extremely comfortable. Having just stayed in many hotels where WI/FI was running as much as $25/day it was a pleasure to have access to so many free computers on the first floor as well as a couple in the executive lounge. The hostess in the lounge was quite pleasant and helpful with information and it was nice to get up and enjoy a coffee and fruit in such lovely surroundings. The added bonus was the shuttle service to and from the T station which made it so easy to travel into the city. My only observation is that while the hotel provides benches for smokers outside and away from the entrance, it would be nice if there were some for those nonsmokers waiting for the shuttle and/or a pickup. I would definately recommend this hotel to others and will probably stay there again when I travel out of Logan.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 June 2011

Stayed at the Hilton Logan for a week on business. Chose between the Hilton's largely based on price and not location. I however came away thoroughly pleased with my visit. The Hotel was quick walk after my flight and yet is just far enough away that you don't feel like you're at the airport.

Check-in was simple and efficient. As a Hilton Diamond I was upgraded to the top floor which offered a nice view of the harbor as well as terminal A. As with most Hiltons, upgrades typically mean the same room on a higher floor. The room was clean, nicely furnished and your typical although modern Hilton decor.

The executive lounge is located on the top floor, just over the main entrance. It offers some equally impress views. Those that like plane watching and see them line up over the horizon as the land one after another. The lounge was rarely full, has a few TV's and computers. There was always a concierge present, most days I ran into Gayle. Although I didn't require her services she was always polite, friendly, and greeted everyone as they came in. Breakfast was fresh fruits, toast, hard boiled egg etc. No hot items. Canapes in the evenings seemed to vary from night to night, but there was always two hot choices. The lounge is closed from Friday afternoon until Sunday evening. At check-in I was offered certificates for a continental breakfast on the weekends. The continental breakfast appeared to consist of picking something up at the coffee shop (which serves Starbucks for those of you that are addicted). I inquired about purchasing and upgrade to a full buffet breakfast and was upgraded for no charge for my loyalty. I was more than willing to pay, but a big thumbs up for this gesture that left a great customer service impression.

I always leave a little tip for maid service. This is the first hotel where the maid would leave me a little thank you note. Once again, just a little small gesture that although not expected contributes to portray a superior level of interest on the part of the employees.

The gym is very nicely equipped, including a pool and hot tub as well as sauna and steam room. I thoroughly enjoy the steam and am always pleased to find this in a hotel. The gym is located just off the lobby, so I was happy to see that it also had changing rooms to avoid walking across the lobby in sweaty clothes. However when I inquired about getting keys to the lockers was told they don't provide them and that they are locked on purpose? Odd, but whatever.

Transportation was great, there was always a shuttle outside within a few minutes and they would drop you off at any of the terminals or the train/subway/metro station. The driver seemed quite flexible and appeared to drop people off at many other places, car rental etc. A 7 day metro pass was only $15. A great deal that saves you a car rental, parking fee's and a lot of time.

I was fortunate to get a decent convention rate, outside the convention rate this hotel was quite expensive. The rate would have likely turned me to look at one of the other Hilton properties but in the end I was more than pleased with my stay and would certainly suggest you consider it.

The onsite restaurant had a great dinner menu (pub style though), service was fast and the food was very good. I actually returned more out of interest to try other things on the menu then out of necessity. Kudos to the Chef.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank MtlFire
Reviewed 25 June 2011

You can get to the hotel from the walkway, We came in from Terminal E and it was an easy walk. We went out at Terminal C and used the free shuttle bus which runs every 15 minutes but it would have been as easy to walk.
Usual Hilton hotel and had a good nights sleep.
We also used it on the way home as we were early for check in so we had a meal at the bar/grill and then staying in the hotel and worked on our computer. It would have been better if we could have found comfy chairs in the bar/coffee area.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple