“Very nice! Great location!”

Hilton Boston Logan Airport
Ranked #57 of 83 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Orange, California
“Very nice! Great location!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2012

The Logan/Hilton is a great hotel. If you have a early morning flight its the place to be the night before. We stayed here in April 2012 and now again in August 2012.
We were in room 581, very spacious, very clean and great views of Logan Airport. The rooms are very quiet. You will not hear the airport at all. We had a very comfy King bed.
We had been to dinner in East Boston at Santarpios before arriving at the hotel. So our friends dropping us off decided we would all go into Connolly's Pub in the hotel lobby and enjoy coffee and tea and dessert! It was delicious!
The airport shuttle runs all the time. 24/7.
Thank you Logan/Hilton for a nice stay our last night in Boston! We will be back in October!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank KarBear03

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (501)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
San Ramon, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2012

Stayed at the Hilton Boston Logan Airport in July for five-nights. Upon check in, I was put into an accessible room but the front desk agent said I can move rooms the next day. I’m not picky about my rooms, just as long as it’s non-smoking and quiet, which this room was. The room had a nice chaise lounge by the floor to ceiling window, flat screen TV, ultra comfy Hilton bed and strong Wifi. However, since this was an accessible room and being the tall lad that I am, the walk in shower didn’t cut it for me. The shower head was as high as my chest, so it was a bit of a challenge to wash everything from the chest up. The closet was also so tiny, probably 20” in width if I had to guess. The next morning, I was able to switch rooms and ahh…much better! Same furnishings as the first room but with a decent sized closet and a standard tub/shower. Also the room was facing the front of the hotel and an amazing view of the Boston Harbor and downtown. I did however notice that the room I switched to was cleaner and better maintained than the first. Also, if you’re worried about the flight noise, as the hotel literally is at BOS, I didn’t hear any flight noise whatsoever and I’m a very light sleeper.

I didn’t try their restaurant for breakfast while I was there but I did visit their coffee kiosk in the lobby, daily. They brewed Starbucks beverages and offered a selection of pastries, fruit, yogurt and breakfast sandwiches. You can order a bagel but, they don’t have a toaster. The gal said to go into the restaurant and I can toast it there but, that’s a little akward. I had the breakfast sandwich one morning and it was pretty decent. A large coffee and a bite to eat will run you about $10. There’s several bistro tables, other seating and comp Wifi in the lobby for your convenience. For dinner, as there’s nowhere to walk to, other than their bar/restaurant in the lobby, I opted for room service on two nights. They offer a very limited menu and it got tired, quick! One night I walked to the airport using their covered walkways and ate at Legal C, which was much better than going for room service. The other nights, I just took the nearby water taxi into downtown and ate at Quincy Market.

Speaking of which, transportation! Shuttle service is available for pick up at BOS, just call the hotel upon arrival or if you’re arriving in Terminal A or E, you literally walk to the hotel. The shuttle will also take you to the subway or water taxi station. The water taxi is the best thing ever, it offers you a change of scenery, a nice relaxing ride and honestly, it’s significantly cheaper than taking a taxi. $17 roundtrip per person and the water taxi guys are way friendly!

Other amenities, they have a good sized fitness center, with locker rooms and showers, not sure why you’d need to use those facilities, but whatever. They did have an indoor pool but it was out of service. There was also a small gift shop and business center.

Overall, the Hilton Boston Logan was a nice hotel. It’s definitely much more convenient staying in the downtown area but, if you can get a steal of a room rate, just do what I did and water taxi it out to downtown!

Room Tip: A room facing the front of the hotel will have an awesome view of downtown Boston and the harbor, bu...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
5 Thank norcalnick
Switzerland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2012

We stayed there while waiting for a connecting fligh over night.
It's very convenient since the hotel can be accessed by just walking through a passerelle from the airport.
The hotel restaurant serves good snacks and you can watch different sports channels on widescreen TVs there.
Breakfast buffet offers a wide choice of continental and american breakfast and you can get a coffee to go if you like. They serve Starbucks coffee. However, price of breakfast seemed quite expensive to me.
Rooms are ok but Internet is available for a fee only.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Dorset, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2012

I picked this hotel because we would fly in, would spend a couple of days exploring Boston, then pick up a Mustang rental car and go off to Cape Cod. So it looked convenient. And it was. It’s a 10 minute walk from the E airport terminal to the hotel and it is a bit of a pain. It’s a bit up and down to get there and you drag cases half of the way. With hind sight I’d get the Hilton courtesy bus outside instead. Nice hotel. Fast easy check in. Good sized room, nicely furnished, super views out of the windows. Everything worked perfectly. Straight back out to see Boston. Great advice from the concierge. Shuttle bus took maybe 20 minutes to arrive (this turned out to be the longest we’d wait by a long way), then 10 minutes to the train station. Tickets fast and easy from the credit card machine. 5 minutes into the tourist area round Aquarium. The alternative was $20 in a cab although we’d didn’t do that to confirm the price. Breakfast, foodwise, was a great buffet but I agree with some previous reviewers; the staff were a real let down. Grumpy, unsmiling and a negative drain to the start of the day. As non-Americans we love the usual, “Hi, how are you? Have a nice day” – you get none of that at the Hilton breakfast buffet. On balance, the hotel was a great base and I’d use it again.

1 Thank jimmydash
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2012

My son and I stayed 3 nights here as we took in a Red Sox game and saw the typical tourist spots.

Pros: Excellent shuttle service to blue line. The drivers were courteous and prompt and gave tips on which stops were best for our destination.

Hotel staff: Each one I encountered were extremely helpful.

Cons: After our first night, we came to the room tired, expecting the room to be cleaned and restocked. While the beds had been made, nothing else was done to the room. If the beds hadn't been made, I would have assumed no one had been there. After the second night, everything had been cleaned and restocked.

Meals: While the food was decent, the prices were too costly to justify eating there.

Overall, a good experience.

1 Thank WLC63
Begues, Spain
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2012

This hotel is perfectly situated for the airport and expensive as a result. The bed was large and comfortable and everything else in the room functional. Paying for internet access isn't acceptable in my eyes. Breakfast was buffet style and acceptable, the fruit juices were fresh but the rest was standard average fare. Service was reasonably friendly but I'd recommend eye contact training and a smile :) People are usually tired when checking into a hotel airport and there's nothing nicer that a chirpy welcome.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank anduain
San Diego
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2012

The best thing is the convenience of the shuttle to Logan. If you are coming off a hard trip, and have a rental car and lots of gear, this place is a must. but it's around $250, so if I had wanted to save, or needed more than one room, I would have stayed elsewhere. On the other hand, the only bargain places are really miles from the airport, and Boston area traffic, which is intense in the summer because of vacationers, means that you can have a lot of stress if you stay further out, have to drop your rental car, shlep bags, or are a high-stress traveler.

Wifi free to Hilton honors members; decent fitness center; decent food (hotel expensive prices. I could have used another 'adult-oriented' bar, and I wish the pool was outside in the air and the sun. Since it's not a lap-pool, it needs some sort of attractive deck area.

Room Tip: if you pay the extra bucks to get a harbor view, they put you on a higher, nicer floor.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Boston
Embassy Suites by Hilton Boston - at Logan Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Boston Logan Airport
Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor

Been to Hilton Boston Logan Airport? Share your experiences!