“Very Good-But Some Staff Issues”

Hilton Boston Logan Airport
Ranked #58 of 84 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 26 August 2012

The Hotel Is Well Kept And Very Classical In Design And Upscale. The Rooms Were Extremly Well Appointed Even For Standard King Room And Bathroom While Small Were Nice And The Shampoo's And Assorted Were High Class Although Did Leave Me Feeling Like A Film Was On Me. I feel That Overall It Was Higher Priced But You Get A Great Room Nice View And The 8th Floor Elevator View Was Great.
Housekeeping Staff Speaks English and Knows There Hotel And Were Great @ Keeping Those .Rooms Looking Sharp.Props To That Housekeeping Team/

The Phone Operator/Van Dispatcher Was So Unhelpful And When We Thought It Was The Driver Who Didnt Care It Turned To Be The Dispatcher Who Didnt Know What He Was Doing... The Driver Was Great And Made Great Convo And Was Super Friendly And Drove Great And Was Super Kind And Understanding We Didnt Even Bring Our Bags On Board He Did All The Work Thats How It Should Be.... Thank You Joe!!!!

Now The Staff @ The Front Desk Could Use Some Help. The Night Auditor Was Unfriendly And Did Not Care Nor Show Any Enjoyment In Her Job However Funny Though The Guest In Front Of Us Who Was A Hilton Honors Member Was Treated So Nicely And Warmly And Then We Got A No Hello And No Nothing From Here We Had To Depict The Room Number And It Was Just Cold..
Then The Lady @ The Front Desk Day Shift Was Rude and Loudly Said Your Credit Card Was Declined And Then Allowed Some Lady To Cut In Front Of US In Order To Get Her Bill First Then We Had To Demand Our Bill And She Was Just Rude.
The Final Desk Clerk Was A Guy Who Handled Us Perfectly And No Issues Upon Check Out And He Was Polite And Manner'ed.

The Last Van Driver Drove Like A Bat Out Of Hell And We And Our Luggae Was Tossed Around And He Did Not Wear His Safety Belt Nor Sat In His Seat Properly And I Had To Drag My 50LB Bag On Board While He Did Take It Off For Us I Feared We Be Killed Or Roll Over..

Overall It Was A Great Stay And I Would Stay Agian. I Found That Everything Was Good.

Room Tip: Odd Side-Is Airport View- Even Side-Is Harbor View
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 26 August 2012

Easy to get to from airport either by walking or more conveniently by shuttle. Staff was friendly and accommodating at check in and in lobby bar/ restaurant. Food was good. Rooms were spacious and comfy. No complaints really. Easy enough to get a taxi to go into city. Short drive. My room appeared to be remodeled recently. Bed was comfy. Would recommend.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 August 2012

My family and I stay at this hotel twice a year on our way in and out of Boston for the summer family holidays. The bell staff are very firendly and accomodating and it is an easy shuttle bus ride to the airport, the subway,and the rental car lots. A popular hotel with travelers, the wear and tear is starting to show. When we checked into our adjoining rooms on the 7th floor, my wife was horrified by the nasty stains on the carpet. She called to request a room change, and the front desk responded that they would check the system and call back. Thirty minutes later, we had received no phone call so my wife went downstairs to the front desk. At first they said nothing was available and requested that we try back in a few hours. My wife called their bluff and said she would stand there and wait until some new, cleaner rooms became available. A few minutes later, two adjoining rooms miraculously became available and we were able to move.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Gearhead85
Reviewed 25 August 2012

I was surprised with a trip to Boston for my bachelor's party recently and this was the hotel we ended the night at, both for convience and because it's a Hilton and my best man figured this would be one of the best places in to stay in the city. After a long night we arrived around 1AM to check in. This went smoothly and I have no complaints with the front desk.
We paid for a harbor room, but upon entering the room our view was that of the airport across the street. Although this was annoying, it wasn't really a big deal as we were just going to get some food and go to sleep.
Entering the bathroom someone found a wet washcloth next to the bathtub. Again, we're a bunch of guys and this didn't really bother us too much, until I found out exactly how much was spent to stay in this room-$280, and until we realized there were no blankets on the beds. Someone went to the front desk and although they didn't have any other rooms to move us into, we were credited $40 for not having the harbor view, and about 5 min later blankets were brought up to the room.
We then attempted to get some food. I guess the restaurant was closing up so we called downstairs to the bellhop to get suggestions for a place that would deliever. He explained a local pizza joint just dropped off some menus but he had misplaced them. He gave us the number and said they delievered to this hotel. After calling the pizza place we were hung up on as soon as we stated we were staying at the Hilton, as they do not deliever to hotels around the airport. So, we gave up and went to sleep. The beds were comfortable and everyone got a good nights sleep.
The next morning we checked out and asked the bellhop for suggestions on breakfast. He gave me directions to a place in East Boston, which I relayed to three different cabbies waiting for a fare outside the hotel. Neither one knew of the place. We enede up taking the T into east boston, and never found the place.
During lunch we discovered that the hotel had charged my best man's credit card $379.00 for the room which was booked for $280, not including the $40 credit we were to receive for the non-harbor view room. The hotel was called immediately and we were transfered from the front desk to someone's voicemail. As of now this still has not been taken care of.
I'm very disappointed in my stay at the Hilton. For a hotel with it's name I expected much better. I'm leaving from Logan next week to begin my honeymoon after the wedding, and had planned on staying at this hotel the night before we left, and for one night when we returned, after hearing a good review from one of my friends. I'll spend my money elsewhere.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Steve B
Reviewed 24 August 2012

On my recent Summer vacation, I had a very early morning flight out of Logan where I needed to be to the airport between 4:00-4:30am. I opted to head into Logan the night before and spend the night at the Hilton. I took the Logan Express bus into Logan from Framingham, and got dropped off at Terminal E, as it was the easiest and shortest walk to the Hilton. Once I entered the Hilton from the airport walk-way, it was not clearly marked to the lobby, but we figured it out. My stay there was fine and I enjoyed being able to sleep in a couple of extra hours in the morning.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 August 2012

Perfect end to a business trip, good clean room, and the best way to prepare for an early morning flight back to LA. A good tip to remember to call the hotel if you are dropping of a rental car as they will send a shuttle to pick you up. Shuttles run regularly to the airport too.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank djp1961
Reviewed 20 August 2012

My family and I stayed here the last night of our recent vacation as we had an early morning flight home. Overall, it is your typical solid (not flashy) Hilton in a very convenient location. The covered walkway to the airport was great and provided us with quick access to the airport - no waiting for shuttles, cabs, traffic, etc. The staff was very friendly as well. The restaurant in the hotel provided adequate food at expensive/airport type prices. The hotel is worth a one night stay if flying early or arriving late but would not see a reason to stay here otherwise.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family