“We prefer the Hyatt”

GreenLeadersBronze level
London
“We prefer the Hyatt”
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Have stayed at the Hilton several times when travelling into / out of Boston. This is a big, busy airport hotel so expect professional but not a personal service. Rooms are fine, nothing special, but if you are only sleeping there the beds are comfortable and the room has everything you will need or want.
Our last visit was on a Friday night and the hotel was very busy and we had to wait ages (nearly an hour) for an extra blanket from housekeeping. We did however order a beer from room service and it arrived quickly.
Beware - no room service breakfast available.
Technically you can walk (inside) to the terminals but it's quite a trek and not advisable. The shuttle is every 15 minutes and quick and easy.
Will we stay again - yes - but we prefer the airport Hyatt

Room Tip: If you want a slightly larger room ask for a "corner" room. We had room 300 and it was a g...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (508)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Monroe, United States
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Very nice, clean comfortable hotel. Kind of remote from downtown Boston and its restaurants and shops and history. Hilton good to provide a shuttle to the subway, then take the subway to downtown Boston.

1 Thank Gary B
Salmon, United States
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Booked hotel for conference located at Hilton. Shuttle driver was able to drive us to airport subway stop which provided easy navigation throughout Boston. Room was not stocked with drinking glasses and had dirty bottle cap and floss piece under table. Very overpriced but I guess that's Boston. Double beds.

Peterborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Zero soundproofing means you can hear everthing in neighbouring rooms including snoring! Not what you expect for the price. Very average hotel catering entirely for airport users with inflated pricing to exploit as many people as possible.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Kathryn M, Front Office Manager at Hilton Boston Logan Airport, responded to this review, 18 September 2013
Dear Villa8058,

It is quite disappointing to see that you had such a terrible stay due to noise within the Hotel. I would like the opportunity to communicate with you about this issue so I may learn more. Your candid feedback is highly appreciated and I want to assure you that the Hotel always has all of your best interests at heart. A sound sleep with us is very important, and I hope I may be able to restore our faith in our Hotel. Please contact me directly at Kathryn.Menio@Hilton.com so I may assist you better.

Thank you for taking the time to communicate this and I look forward to hearing from you.

Kathryn
Bromley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 September 2013

We spent our last night after a 3 week tour of the US in this hotel before flying out of Logan Airport the next day - apart from the location this is all the hotel has to offer. On arrival we were made to feel more of an inconvenience than a guest and ushered away from the front desk as soon as they could get rid of us - we weren't even pointed in the right direction of the elevators. When we reached our room we were greeted with something that I would only imagine in a dirty roadside motel - it was extremely tired and filthy - the light switches and phone looked like they hadn't seen a cloth in 25 years and given that this day and age is spent warning about the transfer of germs I would have thought it would have been better. This wasn't the only Hilton hotel that we stayed in during our trip and found that one equally bad - I used to think Hilton was a quality brand but after this experience it can be assured that we will not be staying at one of their hotels in the future!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Katherine,

Thank you for staying with us and sharing feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. We appreciate your honest input, and I apologize for not receiving our best service and will keep your comments in mind as we constantly look for new ways to improve our guests' experience. We hope you will give us another chance to show you the quality service and accommodations you deserve should you return to our area in the future. I encourage you to reach me directly for any assistance in the future to assure you our hotel appreciates having you stay with us, Kathryn.Menio@Hilton.com.

Kathryn
Concord, New Hampshire
Reviewed 16 September 2013

The Hilton Boston Logan Airport is a good place to stay a night before an early morning flight or a night after a long flight if your ground transportation has stopped operating for the evening. This stay I was disappointed about the very poor reception I received by the front desk employees. There was not another guest in sight , but all three men at the front desk looked away and started acting busy when I approached the front desk. No one smiled nor welcomed me to the hotel, it seemed that they wanted nothing to do with a guest checking-in. Over the past two years I witnessed the service decrease and the prices rise.

One of the real advantages to this Hilton is it is in the center of the airport so you can take the hotel's shuttle bus or walk across the sky bridges to any of the airline locations. I enjoy the 8 to 10 minute walk to my airline in the morning, avoiding the hotel bus.

The rooms are comfortable, but showing some age. On the whole the property is quiet and the beds are comfortable. I do not hear any traffic or aircraft noise, and the black out curtains work well. There are no windows to open, and the heating/cooling system seems to be alright but not great.

I recommend the hotel for a one night "transit" stay, but recommend not to stay longer than one evening. If you will stay in the Boston area for a couple of days or longer, there are a number of very good hotels in Boston and the surrounding area that offer better service, better facilities, warmer and friendlier atmosphere.

Room Tip: Rooms with even number on the higher floors have outstanding views of Boston and the harbour.
1 Thank Bathurst-travel
Boca Raton, Florida
Reviewed 16 September 2013

I used this hotel as I had a seven hour layover coming off a transatlantic flight before transferring to a domestic airline. Hotel pick up was quick and all the staff were very helpful. Accomodation was quiet and comfortable.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Also consider these accommodations in or near Boston
Embassy Suites by Hilton Boston - at Logan Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Boston Logan Airport
Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor

Been to Hilton Boston Logan Airport? Share your experiences!