“great hotel”

Hilton Boston Logan Airport
Ranked #59 of 85 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 19 July 2014

located less than a 5 min walk from the airports terminal A and about 6 mins to terminal E, The Hilton Logan Airport is ideally located for an early morning departure or a late night arrival. Despite its location at the airport, the rooms are silent, The beds are very comfortable and i really wish i could have the pillows at home! With a wheelchair user in out party, we also booked an accessible room with a roll in shower. The room had a little more space in it achieved by the removal of some of the furniture and the roll in shower was very good. The hotel restaurant is good serving decent food however its also very popular. we had a 20 minute wait for a table at 9pm! Check in was fast and efficient however check out via the tv system didnt work so we ended up checking out at the desk in the lobby. A 5 min free bus ride away is the Blue line subway station which takes you into the city in about 8 mins for about $3 One of the only down sides of the hotel is the lack of free wifi - when you are paying these sorts of prices, the least they could do is provide wifi for all guests and not just the loyalty members!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank soarinuk
Write a ReviewReviews (3,575)

Reviewed 18 July 2014

No doubt that the locate is what you pay for in this hotel. Certainly the ease of transition to and from the airport is why one stays there. Other than that it is over priced. The restaurant food is dry and tasteless and the wait staff although pleasant enough (it is a thankless job!) seem less than happy to be there. Do not forget anything!! I needed some real milk but refused to pay $3.00 for a school sized carton. Unless you have some kind of "deal" or are at a conference, breakfast and internet are NOT included. Think twice before you pay out.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed 18 July 2014

It's always nice to simply get off a long flight and walk over a skybridge to an adjoining airport hotel and this is why we stayed at the Hilton Logan Airport upon arrival from the UK (and the night before our 8am flight on our return). Rooms very comfortable and quiet. Rooms with city views are great. Staff very friendly. Negatives : very expensive and only a sport bar/restaurant to eat in.

Room Tip: Ask for a high room with city views.
1  Thank judyh24
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I chose in this hotel because I though it would be in-the-airport walking distance to the terminals. It appeared it was ~15 min walk from the terminal so unless you're up for a morning stroll you still have to take a shuttle. On the positive side of things the hotel well exceeded my expectations on the service side - I arrived late at night and the hotel stuff offered me a snack bag (for the sake of full disclosure I'm HHonors Elite but no other Hilton Hotels offered anything close to that) and the room was quite nice for the price asked.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Denis L
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I have stayed at this hotel a number of times in the past and overall, While I do like the convenience of the location, being able to walk to the hotel from any terminal is great, I am becoming less and less in love with this hotel...

For the price, the rooms have not changed in a number of years, yet it seems the rates continue to rise. The service is average and though I have not had any major complaints, it is the little things that just seem to add up.

My biggest concern in staying here stems from the horrible service levels of the pub. There seems to be no organization with regard to seating and service is very slow. The food was fine, though a little on the pricey side. I do expect the price due to location, but the service factor really makes me question the value.

I have sat and waited over 10 minutes to be acknowledged by a server whom was at neighboring tables, but refused to acknowledge my presence. I have watched the bar tenders lean/chat while guests waited. I wish this was an isolated incident, but has happened in the past as well.

Since there are limited options to eat at the airport after hours, one is pretty much dealt not choice. It is sad that a convenient hotel has decided to rest on it laurels, rather than build on its strengths.

I will probably give the hotel another chance, but I would not say this is not my current first choice for the Boston Logan area.hotels.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank crazyhotelguy
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Location, location, location. For early AM flight or late arriving flight, the location is excellent. However, there is a hefty price to pay ---- this hotel is often $250/night and higher.

Rooms are better than most of the other airport Hiltons --- quiet, comfortable (not too hard/soft) beds, and AC that was able to get the room very cold (low 60s).

Two areas there this hotel needs to improve: (1) check-in speed is slow vs other Hiltons and HGIs; (2) no receipt under the door in the morning. The no receipt is very annoying when you are on super early AM flight and are trying to maximize sleep and avoid needing to waste time to stop by the front desk.

I'll stay here again for two reasons -- quiet and convenient.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

Chose the airport hotel because of late arrival, but found out you still have to take shuttle from United, that took longer at 1:30am than expected. Check-in was exceptionally slow because only one person was on duty and the group in front had a problem Then, the desk didn't give me my credit card back, though the discovered it and brought it to room.

Also disappointed with no bottled water. The double beds where also very small, we had to split up into separate beds.

In the AM, the automatic check-out didn't work. Additionally, the front desk person didn't even react when I told the stay was just okay.

Overall, I'd saw there is a lack of training and no personalization at this hotel. I won't pay the premium to stay there at Boston airport again, prefer the Courtyard down the street.

Stayed: July 2014
Kathryn M, Director of Front Office Operations at Hilton Boston Logan Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Dear dljhk,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. We appreciate your honest input on our service and appointment and we will use your comments as we continue to evolve our guests' experience through ongoing training and property improvements. We hope you will return to stay with us the next time you are in the area so we may better demonstrate our commitment to your satisfaction. I encourage you to reach out to me directly for your future stay or if you have any additional information that you would like to share with me. Thanks again and have a wonderful weekend ahead.

Kathryn