Holiday Inn Express Boston
  • Pool
  • Room Service
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewsolive gardenandrew stationhi expressfree breakfastsubway stationfree shuttleminute walkpanera breadshuttle servicehotel shuttlelogan airportthe hotel offersyogurtclean hoteldecent hotelbooked this hotelcomfortable stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 July 2014

From missing my pickup at LOGAN following a red-eye, and I was cranky with no sleep...Dennis and the entire staff made this a great stay and trip. Dennis paid for my cab ride, and was a total gem the entire stay! I got to revert to old sayings and phrases and felt so comfie there.
There was an offer to shuttle me to the "packy," but I found a local liquor store near the Andrew Station T and life was good. AND, he even hooked up a fellow teacher whose plans to extend her stay with friends failed, and needed a room for the following weekend. Dennis is a wicked peach of a guy!
Almost 30 years ago I lived in Dorchester, so this was like "old home" week for me~ it's not quite a half mile wakl to the T, there's a great shopping plaza behind the hotel: Target/Home Depot, lots of offerings, so forgotten amenities can be purchased easily.

Breakfast is too good, and included- although the sausage patties are a little scary- three is something for everyone: eggs, yogurt, cereal, danish (warm), eggs, bacon/sausage, pancakes, bagels/toast, juice, coffee - did i cover it all? i had to slow down the last few days- bacon and yogurt. Too easy to over eat.

Rooms are very clean and comfie. There is a fitness room which i skipped with all my walking, but other teachers used it (teacher Econ conference). The housekeepers were great not to "spray" my room, once i figured out it was happening - asthma trigger. Complimentary water in rooms, microwave and fridge, it's so worth the stay for extended time.

I think if hubbie and I return to Boston, this might be our place. I recommend it, highly.

Room Tip: We had a room that was very quiet. Almost no noise is heard from other rooms. Great showers/hot water, towels that COVER, too.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank dwhite2011
Wagner Q, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Dear dwhite2011

Thank you for this great review, we appreciate your time posting your comments in details as a valuable Tripadvisor's Top Contributor. Our whole staff look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

We booked a room at this hotel pre-cruise. Included in the price was one nights stay, breakfast, ,parking and transfers to/from the cruise port. It was great! A little out of the way, but all in all, no complaints. There was one mall within walking distance with a couple of restaurants, which was handy.
We were welcomed warmly upon arrival and check in was a breeze. Our room was quite nice with 2 queen sized beds. The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. We had a great sleep and then the breakfast in the morning was also very good. They had eggs, sausage, cinnamon buns, cereals, toast, yogurt and more. 24 hour coffee/tea was available as well. The transfer to the cruise port was timely, as was the pick up at the cruise port upon our return. We would certainly go back.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sunseeker990
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Stayed one night for sleep/fly/park prior to trip and booked an additional night after trip return due to late airport arrival. Our return flight was cancelled and we did not arrive until the following day. Sent email to hotel "no worries, get your car when you return". The following day, were quite tired and inquired whether we could change our pre-payed non refundable night to another date. All staff, but especially assistant general manager Wagner Quintanilha, very helpful and accommodating, changed our reservation to another date. Also shuttle drivers Miguel and Oswaldo very friendly. Morning shuttle may not drive directly to the airport depending if other customers want to go to the subway or the hospital, don't count on 15 min ride.
Pleasant hotel with a very "new" feel to it, very clean rooms, comfortable beds, the bottled water in rooms greatly appreciated. Elevators are tiny and the luggage cart would not fit in.
Parking may be at the neighboring Courtyard if the lot is full, but easy walk back to Holiday Inn through the parking area.
Caution if you arrive from I 90 to I 93 S, you have to cut across all lanes to get to exit 18, especially with a lot of traffic this may not be possible, be prepared to take exit 15 and backtrack.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank H L
Reviewed 3 July 2014

My friends and I booked this hotel because it was a decent price, near Boston but convenient to drive to Foxborough and had breakfast included.

Driving to the hotel through Boston (coming from Canada), wasn't too bad or complicated and when we arrived the staff were very helpful and friendly.

We parked the car in the parking lot of the hotel and walked to the nearest subway station (Andrew, on the red line), which took 10 minutes, when we wanted to go in to Boston.

The hotel is right on the I93, so it was very easy to leave for Foxborough (although the traffic was crazy). It is also right next to the South Bay Center which has a Target, TJ Maxx and Marshalls so if you forgot something like shampoo or a toothbrush or just want to do a bit of shopping, its just a quick walk over.

The rooms were very clean and pretty big. A big plus of the room the air conditioner which kept the room comfortable to sleep in while it was really really hot outside. Even though the hotel was right next to a major road, it was very quiet and no one had any trouble sleeping.

I think the best part of the hotel is the complimentary breakfast and 24 hour complimentary coffee and tea. The breakfast included things like pancakes, waffles, cereal, build your own breakfast sandwich with sausage one day and bacon the next, fruit juice, greek yogurt, toast and lots more. I always worry that I won't be able to eat anything at complimentary breakfasts because I have Celiac's and have to gluten free but there were lots of things I could eat, like eggs, yogurt, bacon and fruit.

Definitely recommend this hotel to anyway who wants the convenience of staying in downtown Boston but doesn't want to pay the huge price of actually staying in downtown Boston. Also a pretty good choice if you want to stay near Boston but are also going to an event in Foxborough at Gillette Stadium.

Room Tip: The North side of the 5th floor was very quiet and had a view of Boston
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Olivia B
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I stayed here for a conference, it was very clean. The staff was helpful. The breakfast in the morning was very nice and made for an easy start to the day. The breakfast had a lot of options to choose from, both hot and cold items. Fresh baked cookies available all day was a cute plus and made the lobby smell yummy.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business