“Good value for money”

Holiday Inn Express Boston
Ranked #68 of 86 Hotels in Boston
Reviewed 23 July 2010

Stayed here for three nights in June. This place offers good value for money; clean rooms, friendly staff and a 5 minute walk to the T's red line, which takes you downtown in only 10 to 15 minutes (about 3 stops).

Reviewed 21 July 2010

Much nicer than expected. Pleasant helpful staff, nice room and very good value for money overall. Reasonable breakfast. Short 5 min walk to shopping and Applebees, and about 10 minute easy walk to Andrew T Station.

The area is not overly fancy and while walking is fine during the day, there are not a lot of people around after hours. If you have any concerns, a cab ride at time of writing was $6 from downtown, a small price for peace of mind.

They also have a shutte to airport for nominal fare.

Overall, excellent value for money and nice place to stay.

1  Thank Member From Shellharbour Australia
Reviewed 12 July 2010

For the money, around $125 a night, this place was such a good deal. We spent 5 nights...we were not disappointed. The hotel front desk was EXTREMELY helpful and friendly. They showed a personal interest in making our Boston trip the best. The subway is about a 10 minute walk from the hotel. Breakfast was your average hotel breakfast...nothing fancy, but enough choices to fill you up, and get you going early. Close by shops like Target, Old Navy, and a grocery store are definitely a plus if you forget something.

Reviewed 5 July 2010

We stayed 1 night there, I booked and paid in advance for 2 rooms with 2 double beds, and requested connecting rooms since we have teenagers, the ladies at the front desk were very nice AT the beginning, she said the connecting rooms are not avaialable, the best they can do is next or across, with queen or 2 doubles. I picked 2 rooms next to each, and thought they are 2 doubles (my mistake), then I realized I misunderstood. So, I went down and ask to change to the room across (politely), which was empty and have 2 doubles. One of the lady said they already told me there is no 2 doubles available, which I'm sure one choice was 1 queen and 2 doubles. Anyway, her face turned mean & sound nasty, and found a room on the other floor, I told her I need them on the same floor and close to each other, she said nothing is available, so I stay with the queen rooms. I mentioned to her, I booked and paid for the rooms with 2 doubles, which costs more than the single queen room, and she said that is no guarantee. I was so disappointed and would like to share this to everyone. This is the wrost Holiday Inn Express I've ever stayed with.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 July 2010

My 16 year old son and I stayed 4 nights at this hotel during a tour of universities in the Boston area. The staff was very helpful and friendly, parking was free, internet was free, breakfast included. We were on a two week tour of East Coast Colleges and this was by far the best value hotel we stayed in and the accommodations were as good as some places we stayed that charged twice as much. Convenience to the Andrew 'T' Station made it easy to get around Boston without using a car (though we had one for the rest of our tour outside Boston). I have an 18 year starting at Berklee this fall and will consider staying here again during his move-in weekend/orientation. I've looked for hotels closer to Berklee but all are twice the cost without the frills of free breakfast, free internet and free parking.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 July 2010

Stayed here for four night while our family vacationed in Boston/Cape Cod. Selected this hotel due to its price, breakfast, ratings, and proximity to the subway station (Andrews - Red Line). Hotel prices (and parking) are very high downtown and this was the closest, reasonably priced ($150) hotel I could find. It was faily easy to get to and parking was free and secure but limited. The parking lot was shared with an adjacent hotel so I guess we could've parked over there if needed. The attached restaurant is currently closed but their is a shopping plaza directly behind the hotel that has an Applebees and Olive Garden. The plaza also has all the big boxes such as Target, Best Buy, etc. I takes about ten minutes to walk to the stores. The subway is near but a little longer than the 5 minute walk they claim. Closer to 10 minutes and the area you walk through is one I wouldn't be in after dark. During the day I felt very safe though. Very easy to learn the subway system and you can get all your passes right at Andrews Station. No problems at all with the entire subway system in Boston. Expected to see many buses too like Chicago and D.C. but they didn't exist at least downtown. The hotel was a little disappinting. The breakfast was very good with a lot of variety but the eating area is small and most days we had difficulty getting a table. They have coffee available all day and night and serve chocolate chip cookies at 6 PM nightly. The staff was very friendly and helpful with suggestions. Housekeeping was also responsive to any request we made. The room itself was not the greatest. It did have a fridge which was nice and the beds were large for doubles, almost queen size and very comfortable. The two problems I had was even though we had four people in the room they were very stingy with the bathroom towels and nightly we had to call housekeeping for more. One day they left a single wash cloth for four people to use! The main problem I had with the room was a mouse evidently was staying with us too as one night it got into our snack bag and had a field day. I informed housekeeping of this and they said they'd tell the front desk about it but nothing ever became of it. We secured everything from then on inside a lock suitcase. The bathroom was a little rundown and even had a hole in the baseboard where I presume the mouse family was staying. Maybe they were taking our towels?? But overall I'd recommend this hotel due to its price and location but would suggest you look around a little more. The hotel adjacent to this one look better and I think it was only $10-20 more per night. I'd probably stay there next time in town. Being near a subway stop is very important though as driving and parking in Boston is impossble. Boston and Cape Cod are great places to visit and we had a good time. Four days is plenty to see everything. The Freedom Trail in Boston is good but be aware most buildings along the way require a separate admission. Fenway Park was very good and be sure to spend time at the harbor.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank cbhickey2
Reviewed 30 June 2010

No complaints. The room was clean and comfortable. The hotel is right off the highway and has plenty of free parking. There's a "T" station a 10-minute walk away to get to downtown.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business