“Couldn't be worse”

Cuisines: American, French, Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

I read some reviews before and saw they had great food but the service wasn't the best so I buffered for some extra time going in there.

It took 45 minutes (quoted 20 mins) for them to tell us they have our food to other people who left and they ran out of eggs and couldn't make it again.

We did get a refund and they were apologetic but we wasted our morning waiting for something that never came.

There are newer reviews for Mike & Patty's

Reviewed 27 July 2014

We came to this little sandwich shop at the exact wrong time. There was a long line of people waiting out the door and the one tiny table in the restaurant was taken. However, it seemed to be mostly local Bostonians and they highly promoted the food so we waited. Though the wait was too long for a regular sandwich place, we LOVED EVERY BITE of our sandwich and decided it was worth the wait and the lack of tables. We all got "the Fancy" sandwich. Just know that, though you may have to eat your sandwich out on the street, it is located in a high-class quaint housing area and totally worth the "cultural" experience.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

The staff was amazing. Super patient and more than accommodating to everyone waiting.
We loved the super tiny set up and the hometown feel.
This is a take your food to go only place.
The wait was insane.
The food was disappointing. We were expecting amazing and got just ok. I got the Fancy and my fiance ordered the Rich.
We had read the reviews and were so excited to try this place. I have never been so disappointed to be disappointed.
I really want to believe that it was just an off day for the place, and we are determined to try this place again!
But for now, if the wait is long I recommend try a different place.
If the wait is short try it and please prove me wrong!

Travelationship.com

Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

We enjoyed our visit for breakfast. The restaurant was very close to our hotel. The place was small but the food had big flavor. We visited on a weekday morning and got spot at the big table to enjoy our food in the cafe.
I would live to go for lunch, if I make it back to Boston.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Very small but the food is superb. Everything is made to order in front of you while you wait, I will now always visit here when staying in Boston.