We must have been at another Constitution Inn, 'cos the staff we encountered could not have been more helpful and friendly. Admittedly it could do with some TLC but the rooms were spacious and very clean.More
- Free Wifi
We must have been at another Constitution Inn, 'cos the staff we encountered could not have been more helpful and friendly. Admittedly it could do with some TLC but the rooms were spacious and very clean.MoreShow less
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Customer service is our top priority and we appreciate your recognition of our staff. We are currently undergoing renovations to our rooms to modernize our appearance. We do hope you will consider the Constitution Inn in your furture travels to Boston.
The Constitution Inn
The staff here was extremely rude. The worst customer service I've ever received in my life!! I would not recommend this hotel to ANYONE! I was screamed at by one of the security guards for no reason because I was walking around early in the morning looking for a vending machine to get a drink. Worst hotel stay of my life!
We did not meet your service expectations and for this we sincerely do apologize. We strive to continually improve our customer service and your feedback will be shared with the team.
The Constitution inn
This is more for the YMCA than travellers, The second floor consist of a section for women recovering from substance abuse, think on our second night they had run out of places for one of these poor ladies and she was in the room next to ours and couldn't get to sleep unless her TV was on full volume to 5am! Made babies cry too. Quite disturbing. Lifts in constant shared use with laundry and cleaning trolleys. Wifi poor
Might be near the USS Constitution but that was closed due to Government shutdown!!
A bad start to our New England trip.
Thank you for reviewing the Constitution Inn. We do have community programs within our building, serving a diverse population of those in need. We apologize if your stay with us did not live up to your expectations and for the disturbances in your stay. If you return to Boston, we would like to extend an invitation to stay with us so we can show you we are so much more.
The Constitution Inn
I stayed here just for one night. Room was clean although one would expect much more for the price (~200USD). Bathroom was quite small, and there was no much space for toothbrush, shaver etc... On the last day, I asked for cab and hotel staff introduced me a taxi driver (no meter in the car) who took 40$ for the ride to world trade centre.
We are excited to announce a new look is coming soon to the Constitution Inn. Our renovations will provide a more modern look and feel to our rooms. We apologize your taxi did not have a meter and will ensure we provide our guests with alternative options to their destinations. We do hope you consider the Constitution Inn in your future travels.
The Constitution Inn
Whatever you do. DON'T stay at this place. Not budget price for MUCH worse than budget accommodation. Where do you start. We had already had 3 great nights in a hotel on the outskirts of Boston at the start of a 2000 mile sightseeing holiday and finished with our last night in a hotel with a great description near to the airport. DON'T believe a word of it. We had a job finding it before we realised it was a YMCA hostel. Extremely rude and disinterested reception staff; foul smelling litter strewn corridors, a room that was dirty, and dangerously unsafe (broken plug sockets with exposed wires, wires trailing from wall lamps attached to a broken plug. A fridge that didn't work, I could go on and on. The hotel was supposed to be near a vibrant area with restaurants and bars. We toured around for an hour before we could find somewhere to eat (and that wasn't great) The ones listed in the room information brochure just didn't exist (and we had a GPS system). Lastly the noise level was awful with lots of kids shouting and screaming running up ad down the corridors with their parents screaming back. We GENUINELY felt that we were living in a hostel for people who had fallen on hard times. We are just ordinary people who like to travel and have stayed everywhere from appartments to B and B's and Hotels but this is the WORST place we have EVER stayed in. NOT to be repeated.
We would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you directly about your negative experience at The Constitution Inn. As a full-service hotel, friendly customer service, cleanliness, and yoru experience is of the utmost importance to us. Please let us know the best way to reach you.
The Constitution Inn
Located within a five-minute walk of the USS Constitution, this hotel has a bit of an institutional feel:
* Lobby is more for the YMCA downstairs than a hotel
* A lot of hard surfaces (cinderblock walls), basic carpets, basic bathroom finishings
* One slow elevator to reach the 3-6 floors and housekeeping/maintenance people are always using it
* Wi-fi is trusting: just allows you to connect; it doesn't force you to click "I accept" not to sue the hotel in the event that the Internet doesn't work right.
* Price - Unless you want a hotel in the far off suburbs you are going to pay $300-500 generally
* Our room had a fridge and microwave so we could self-cater as needed
* Neighborhood feels safe, if lonely
* Location in Charlestown Navy Yard is kind of a drag for sightseeing unless you want to see the hotel's namesake boat. We were there at the end of summer so the 20-30min walk to the North End wasn't bad but winter could be tough. Good news: there is a couple of Hubway stands (for one-way bike rentals) and and Uber-assisted ride wasn't too expensive (you would have to take a lot of taxis to make up for the price differential between this and other hotels).
* There is one fancy restaurant called "Bistro" but you have to go pretty far to find a place to eat out. Urban life is not immediately nearby.
* Its apparent legacy as a place for Navy vets to stay means that there is a contingent of guys (and gals) smoking on the patio.
* The aforementioned slow elevator can take a couple of minutes to come