“Great location!!!”

Constitution Inn
Ranked #81 of 83 Hotels in Boston
“Great location!!!”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I was happy with the location of the Constitution Inn, it was close to the Navy Yard and I even walked over the bridge into Boston and around the Cambridge area. There are not a great deal of inexpensive places to eat and this Inn does not supply any food, but the room did have a mini fridge and microwave so I bought my own food.

I was happy with my stay, but the bed felt as thought had plastic on under the sheet, was onto sleep on but every time I rolled over I heard it.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
  • Hungarian first
Maine
Reviewed 29 June 2014

My husband and I have been staying here for years and love it . This year I went with 2 friends from college . The experience was different in a bad way . We stored our luggage as the room wasn't ready and went to explore .The staff once we returned at check in was less than pleasant . We got to the room and needed to get more towels , went to call and there was no phone in the room . Went downstairs and asked for towels and asked for a phone . Never got the phone , as well as the micro that we asked for .There was a stove in the room but looked as if it was set in the former closet space . No hangers for our clothes , the second day there was no hot water in the whole building . Cold showers for us but upon return had been fixed . Manager was very nice and apologized . Location can't be beat but our room just was poorly done , no phone , 2 sets of towels when there were 3 in the room , plugs would not stay in the wall outlets , light by the bed not working , no microwave. One night a security guard knocked on our door asking if we had called for help ( no phone so we couldn't have ) which we had not . In checking with the desk the next day ,was told they went to wrong room as there were young adults there just turning 21 and making too much noise . I usually love my time at the Constitution Inn but not this time .

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank SLGMaine
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 June 2014

The holiday I have just returned from with my boyfriend started with 3 days in Boston. Our travel agent organised this hotel for us. All we wanted was a clean and affordable hotel close to Boston centre.

When we arrived at the hotel the reception staff were friendly and welcoming. However... they gave us our room key for the room we were booked in for, to find that when we opened the door, another families belonging were there. They had given someone else our room, yet given us a copy of the key to their room, which made us feel very uncomfortable.

The reception staff were very apologetic and arranged another room for us, which was very basic. However, one of the beds was covered in dead mosquito’s (room came with two beds). Luckily the other wasn’t, so we slept in that one. The other issue was that there was a dirty used blood stained band aid lying on the floor in our room.

The room suited our needs on the basis that we were only were staying there for a short time and the hotel was quite close to Boston harbour, which took 5 minutes to walk to the ferry. The staff where lovely, but if I went back to Boston, I wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
ConstitutionInnMgmt, Manager at Constitution Inn, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Dear Vicki,
I apologize for the inconvenience of a less than perfect stay.

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback! To prevent this incident in the future, we implemented a more detailed housekeeping checklist. Our staff has been refreshed on all the housekeeping practices necessary to deliver a perfect room to our valued guests.

I would appreciate the chance of turning this experience into a positive one! We hope to have you as a guest in the future!

Alexandra Rauca
Director of Housekeeping

Travellers are raving about these Boston hotels

Brockville, Canada
Reviewed 21 June 2014

This is probably one of the worst places I have ever stayed. Over priced for no reason. Bathroom had mold around it. Never had enough towels left for us. The sink wasn't clean. Cold water tap had no water pressure. Outlets wouldn't hold a plug. No coffee in hotel for morning. The room wasn't properly cleaned before our arrival, I found a plate, and napkin just lying around. Hair all over the top of the shower. No plug to have a bath. Our room key stopped working halfway through our stay. Staff was not friendly all in all. All around dump. For $250.00 a night....Thanx for nothing!!!

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Tricz
ConstitutionInnMgmt, Manager at Constitution Inn, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Dear Guest,

On behalf of the Constitution Inn, I would like to apologize for your less than satisfactory stay with us. Our housekeeping team takes great pride in ensuring our rooms are clean and comfortable for our guests and a misstep has occurred. Thank you for sharing your experience with us as we can use your feedback to improve.

Best wishes,

The Constitution Inn Management
Brockville, Canada
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Oh my..where do I start?
This had to be the absolute worst hotel I have ever stayed at.
2 adults and 2 children, you would think they would leave 4 towels....no.
The hotel "ran out" of coffee, and didn't have any for 2 days. Now, if it's my hotel, I'm sending someone to the local restaurant supply store to buy some to keep my clients happy.
The bathrooms were just nasty. Hair at the top of the shower that had been there who knows how long. Sink wasn't cleaned. No plug for the tub. Toilet wasn't cleaned. I don't think they actually cleaned the room or bathroom.
One window wouldn't close properly.
Air conditioning did not cool the room at all.
We had to call down to the desk numerous times to get towels sent up.
They did not replenish things like paper coffee cups, or bathroom plastic cups.
They have 2 luggage carts.Yes, two. So, if you don't get downstairs early on checkout day...you're carrying all your bags.
Parking is inconvenient. 2 blocks away. And expensive. For the rate they charge, parking should be included.
Every morning the cleaning crew seems to congregate at the elevators on the 2nd level. They block the elevators, don't move when other people try to get to the elevators.
Unfortunately I didn't get to use the weight room but did use the pool...yuck.
It's in the dirty basement. You can't take the elevator down to the pool level but you can take it back up...but you're not supposed to. Apparently that elevator is for staff, but the staff seems to use the other elevator causing paying customers to wait.
Near the pool is a room with a metal window frame of maybe nine panes of glass. The bottom of this window frame is completely rusted out and I'm sure is a safety issue.
The pool area is very run down and unappealling to say the least.
We asked if there are towels in the pool area and were told yes. We get down to the pool and we're told....No. You have to get them at the desk in the gym.
For the cost of a room here, I could have had a really nice room, in a nice "brand name" hotel with great housekeeping in a nicer building.
We will NEVER stay here again, and NEVER recommend this hotel to anyone.
The only good quality is the location. So, if you want to overpay for a terrible, dirty, room with sub-par staff, go ahead and book a room here.
I had to give a star rating but I don't feel this place deserves any stars at all.

Room Tip: Find another hotel.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Stef J
Dear Stef,

I apologize for the inconvenience of a less than perfect experience during your stay with us! We appreciate the opportunity of receiving your feedback, as this will help drastically improve our hotel. Unfortunately, during the month of June, we experienced unexpected technical problems with our AC.

This issue was solved, and we would appreciate the opportunity of transforming this experience into a positive one. A comfortable stay is our main goal, and we hope to see you back in the future!

Alexandra Rauca
Director of Housekeeping
Oceanside, California
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We booked this hotel for a girls weekend in Boston. It's a little bit of distance from downtown but just a short cab ride away. We walked it several times. Just over the bridge from the fabulous North End
It was a bargain so there's a real plus to that. It's nothing fancy but the staff was great, really helpful with directions and info.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Los Angeles
Reviewed 15 June 2014

The hotel is right by the USS Constitution so you can buy a trolley pass and have transportation access to the rest of Boston but the closest T-stop is a pretty far walk. The hotel is clean and the staff was helpful. However, the heating system wasn't really working and the hotel needs to be updated but the price was the best in the downtown area.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo