“This is the worst attraction I have even been to.”
Review of The Sports Museum

The Sports Museum
Ranked #147 of 400 things to do in Boston
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Fun for the entire family, this museum highlights New England's athletes and teams through video footage, memorabilia and interactive exhibits. General Admission: $12 Seniors (65 +): $10 Students (7-18): $10 Children under 6: FREE Active Duty Military and their families: FREE WITH VALID ID Please note: Due to TD Garden rules and regulations, all bags are PROHIBITED from The Sports Museum.
Reviewed 6 August 2011

The museum was impossible to find. ProShop people not helpful. I was in there for hours. No water anywhere. I felt sick to my stomach because I was so dehydrated.

2  Thank kiki1985_11

Reviewed 27 November 2010

I was less than impressed with the sports museum. I am a huge hockey fan and was looking forward to learning some of the Bruins' storied history, but the museum is mostly pictures without any information. I saw a few spots that correlated with a headseat recording, but I was not offered any listening device. There were very few stories about the players or the teams that make Boston sports so great. It took quite a bit of time to walk through the museum, but I don't feel like I gained much from the experience.

Reviewed 24 September 2010

We went to the sprots musuem inside the garden on sept 21st 2010. it was not reall advertised and not easy to find. we asked inside the garden and someone told us " it is here, got to the box offiec and ask for tickets". No signs for it anywhere.
But it is a great experience for a sports fan. it is on the 5th and 6th floors and you cirlce the arena and get to see the box seats. bars that only the well off get to see during game time.
Cool experience but no interactive displays, mostley pictures but still cool trip down memory lane

1  Thank stanniew
Reviewed 24 July 2010

I visited the Sports Museum of NE for the first time today with my three children- ages 9, 11, and 14. We all gave the museum a "thumbs up" and spent about an hour and a half exploring the exhibits and participating in the "behind the scenes" tour. The museum is located in TD Garden and is unique because the exhibits are in the halls of the fifth and sixth floor so you have a contrast of the old and new- memorabilia mixed between the current luxury boxes and views of the Garden floor where the Bruins and Celtics play. Consequently, if you plan to go, check the website first, because the museum is closed if there is an event at the Garden.

The staff were friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful. You are able to tour the exhibits at your own pace and the collection is extensive, covering the major New England professional teams as well as college athletics, boxing, fishing, the Boston Marathon, local figure skating legends, and more. The highlight of the museum though is the behind the scenes tour of the Boston Garden. The tour guide takes you into the visitors' locker rooms for hockey and basketball, walks you through the equipment storage area (with the famed parquet floor stacked up; the Bruins nets, etc.), and takes you onto the Garden floor.
The only change I would suggest would be to include a few more interactive exhibits. Overall, if you are a fan of New England sports, even if only slightly, I would recommend visiting the Sports Museum of New England.

5  Thank Boston5Mom
A TripAdvisor Member
Cohasset, MA
Reviewed 12 July 2006

Upon entering, I was impressed with the size of the museum and quantity of artifacts. I enjoyed the interactive exhibits and audios for the displays. The staff was extremely helpful and gave us a background on the Garden. Having this be a self guided tour, we had plenty of time to soak up the sports atmosphere, and even take a seat in a penalty box and seats from the old Boston Garden!

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Been to The Sports Museum? Share your experiences!