“Perfect in Every Way”
Review of The Gilded Lily

We can't find prices for this accommodation
The Gilded Lily
Ranked #2 of 37 Boston B&B and Inns
Reviewed 15 February 2014

Great location in a very walkable neighborhood and city. The loving restoration of this historic brownstone shows in every detail - complimented by modern comforts like great beds and baths. I like the kitchenette as opposed to a sit down breakfast. The rooms are spacious and bright and a great place to kick back after a day in Boston!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank LG58

Reviewed 11 February 2014

I have stayed many places during my travels to Boston but believe I've found my favorite. I chose The Gilded Lily not because it was a B&B (I usually prefer hotels) but because of it's close proximity to my son's home. What a pleasant surprise! This beautiful Brownstone on a tree-lined street is an architectural gem. Although it's more than a century old, it's not only been lovingly maintained but beautifully updated as well. My room, The Garden Suite on the 3rd floor (thankfully I had my son to carry my luggage) was not overly large but very bright and cheerful. It came well-appointed with a comfortable queen bed, table with seating and an ample-sized bath. The room was very clean and quiet, and although the temperature outside was in the low 20's, it always felt cozy and comfortable. The shared kitchen was well stocked with a variety of coffees, juices, breads and cereals. The convenience of getting my coffee and breakfast to enjoy back in my room was a plus. Access in and out of the building was made very easy for all the guests. I rarely saw the proprietor James but have no doubt if I needed anything he would have readily assisted. The daily room service was efficient and thorough. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay, my only suggestion would be to have a full length mirror placed in the room. The location was perfect, with many restaurants, shops and parks all within walking distance. I'm looking forward to my next visit to Boston and to my next stay at The Gilded Lily.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank SMUMOM
Reviewed 3 February 2014

My husband and I have frequented many B&B's within the past but the Gilded Lily will remain in our top three list as a re-visit. It is a beautifully restored Brownstone from time past. We stayed in the Garden Room which is perfectly appointed with warm shades of neutral calming colors and tones, tons of natural sunlight fill the space, and the room is quite spacious enough to comfortably walk around the room which includes an inviting queen size bed, table and two chairs which is perfect for a quick breakfast, writing, or a quaint romantic order-out romantic dinner. The bathroom is decorated very cheerily with seascape tones and is a perfect size for guests. We were lucky enough to have a tour of the entire property by the proprietor James, who we might add is a very welcoming and charming gentleman who through his architectural expertise brought this gem back to its original shining stature. The Guilded Lily is nestled within walking distance and quick subway access of superb restaurants and coffee shops, you will not miss the typical Bed and breakfast fanfare of a sit down breakfast. However if you need a quick morning "pick me up" there are shared kitchenettes on each floor which supply guests with bagels, cereal, yogurts, and coffee, who could ask for anything more! Our trip was brief due to the nature of our visit, but we look forward to returning to Boston late summer/ early fall and having the opportunity to stay at the Gilded Lily..one of Boston's most picturesque B and B's.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 January 2014

The Gilded Lily is everything you want from a B&B. The only thing it does not have is the breakfast in the morning. The rooms are outstanding. One word to describe this place is "BEAUTIFUL"! The Gilded Lily is located in a residential area, that looks like it's out of a movie. We stayed in the Parlor Room on the 2nd floor facing the street. The street was very quite and was picturesque. The B&B is in the middle of everything. You can walk or take a cab anywhere in Boston. We would stay again if we were in the area. The Innkeeper is proud of his city and was very helpful in giving ideas of were to go to eat and places to see.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 January 2014

We spent 3 nights in this very beautiful home. The location is perfect for exploring Boston also 'cause it is close to the metro.
We stayed in a room on the third floor very clean and quiet, bed very confortable. You have to share the use of the kitchenette with the other room on the floor (but we saw the other guys only once).
The kitchenette was a very good thing because of our jetlag, so we had our breakfast very early in the morning!
Coffee/tea available all day long.
We met James, the innkeeper, the last day on departure, a very nice person!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 January 2014

This was an excellent property and owner who immediately made us feel comfortable and at home. We loved the beautiful rooms! They were clean and well-appointed! The breakfast was good, having hot beverages available great for Boston in winter! We had 2 rooms on on lower level and shared the kitchen w brother and sister in-law. James gave us a thorough map and hints for what and how to do things including good restuarant recommendations. We loved the pub on the corner-great and tasty food! (Chili!!!) We walked, took hop on hop off and used the subways and the little ferry from Long Wharf (ate at Legal Seafood there-view and excellant lobster rolls-ferrry to USS Constitution right there, as well!). The Boston Pops just 2 blocks away was a highlight as was living in a close-in Boston neighborhood where there was everything we wanted to see and do! The Museum of Fine Arts was a highlight! Could not have done more or had more fun in our first 3 day introduction of this great city! Many thamks to the Guilded Lady Owner and Staff!

Room Tip: Lower level has less stairs.