“Fabulous place to stay in South End!”
Review of The Gilded Lily

We can't find prices for this accommodation
The Gilded Lily
Ranked #2 of 37 Boston B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 July 2014

The Gilded Lily is the perfect home away from home in Boston's South End. Beautifully appointed and maintained, with great attention paid to providing everything you need.The Gilded Lily has now become my first choice for future trips to Boston. Thanks for a great experience!

• Stayed: June 2014

Reviewed 1 July 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Gilded Lily the weekend of his graduation. We go to school in Boston but we wanted to do something a little more special, especially since I was abroad for a semester and I hadn't seen him in months. I'm so glad that I came across the Gilded Lily. First of all James Cullion, who runs the place, is the sweetest most accommodating guy you will ever meet. I had some issues and missed my flight so I lost a night I had already pre-paid for and James was so flexible and did what he could so we didn't lose the money for the day that we didn't stay there. He moved us the second night to a different room (equally as beautiful as the first one) The facilities are so clean and well organized. The bathroom was stocked with good shampoo/conditioner, towels and shower gel. These weren't hotel brands. These were Nexxus and Aveeno brand products. I love that it's a Bed & Breakfast because it has a very homie feel. Beautiful neighborhood, beautiful rooms and beautiful everything. I felt so at home. Thanks to James for being so awesome. If you guys are looking for a place to stay, The Gilded Lily is the way to go. I have lived in Boston going on four years and I'm glad I found this hidden gem. You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We stayed at The Gilded Lily in June 2014 and loved our time there. The house was beautiful and very well maintained. Everything was so clean it practically sparkled! It was nice to have a stocked kitchen just in case you wanted a midnight snack or a cup of tea after a long day. The bed was super comfy and the house was in a great location. I would recommend The Gilded Lily to anyone visiting Boston. Thank you James for your amazing hospitality.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We recently stayed 2 nights in the Parlor Room and loved it. Everything about this place was great. Walking in the front door to a huge bouquet of lilies on the hallway table set the tone. It was clean, beautifully decorated and in a great neighborhood. The bed was so comfy (although my 17 year old daughter slept on the pull out bed in the couch and it wasn't much). The shared kitchen was nice and well stocked. The shampoo, etc., in the bathroom was great. There are a lot of stairs, but if that isn't a problem, I would definitely book a room here. The Gilded Lily is a great example of how B & B s should be run. I am picky, and this beautiful home checked all the boxes I was looking for. Hope to return someday.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Our recent stay at James's lovely home could not have been better. James greeted us when we arrived and his insider tips to Boston and the South End were most welcome. Our second floor parlor room was elegantly furnished and extremely comfortable. The breakfast area between the two rooms was well received as we could enjoy our breakfast in the privacy of our room. The south end location was perfect and for coffee lovers, I highly recommend Render coffee around the corner on Columbus.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 23 June 2014

My family & I came to Boston for graduation weekend and booked two rooms for most of the week. It was perfect!! The B&B was in a lovely, historic district on a nice quiet block just a short walk from the T, cool restaurants (Flour, etc.), and a nice little park if you want to take your breakfast for a little picnic as a start to your day (kitchen was very well-stocked) ! Our rooms were very beautiful, spacious, & clean, and the staff was so friendly & helpful!! I will absolutely stay there whenever visiting Boston.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 June 2014

What a fantastic place - would definitely stay here again.

I came across Gilded Lilly (GL) because all of the regular hotels in Copley were sold out with only about $850+ suites available. My understanding was because it's graduation season - Boston hotels sell out very quickly and easily.

I came across GL thanks to TripAdvisor and what a fanastic stay. It's a lovely brown stone house just about 10 minutes walk from the Prudential Centre in Copley. Location is beautiful and convenient. I stayed in the Parlour Room which was spacious, comfortable, personable and very nicely prepared and decorated. It really felt like home and shame it was just a one night stay.

Very nice amenities in the washroom and a well stocked mini kitchen to help yourself for breakfast. It was great and nice to make myself a cup of tea before going to bed.

Strange thing is that I never met any staff member or any guest while I was there - entirely anonymous. The owner seems to have a well organized and automated system of letting yourself in with a key code into both the main door and bedrooms. Then when you check out, you just leave. I didn't need anything but just strange to stay in a B&B and not actually meet anyone.

Great price, great location, great facilities. I really recommend to everyone.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business