“God Bless Trip Advisor!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Green Turtle Floating Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 39 Boston B&B and Inns
Newcastle, Australia
“God Bless Trip Advisor!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2011

Yes, Thank you to Trip Advisor, otherwise, I would never have found the Green Turtle Bed and Breakfast.
We are on a 5 week holiday around USA, and the Green Turtle was such a welcome change to the typical hotel. Although we were there only two nights, Karen and John made us feel like family friends, with so much additional thought taken by them to make ones stay enjoyable, unlike a large impersonal hotel, where everything is at an additional charge as well.
The bed was wonderfully luxurious, you didn't sleep on it, you are enveloped into it and even on a cold winter March evening, it is warm and toasty.

Thanks Karen and John, I hope we meet again on our next stay in Boston.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2011

What a wonderful stay. My girlfriend surprised me with a stay at this peaceful B&B, and I haven't slept so well in a long time.
John and Karen are beyond friendly, and helped make it an incredible nights stay on pier 8.

• Stayed March 2011
Boston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2011

My wife and I stayed at the Green Turtle in February. It was a lesser New England snowstorm that night, but we were completely comfortable in this b&b. We thought we might get seasick at first (I used to work on a boat and get sea sick every time we went out at night), instead we were rocked gently to sleep in the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in. It was a struggle to stay awake: we were asleep within minutes. To make up for it, we woke up and enjoyed the sun shining on the still harbor, a delicious breakfast waiting outside our room, and a pleasant place to relax and hang out until 11am. We left at 11:00am.

A one night stay made it painful to leave. The owners have gone all out to make this stay as comfortable as possible- the towels and linens are luxurious, and the fridge was stocked with delicious food an beverages. All the amenities one could hope for are there, with wifi and satellite tv, kitchen sink, etc. I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
Boston, MA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2011

We live in the Boston area and I was looking for a quick overnight get-a-way for me and the new hubby. I actually came across the Green Turtle on here and boy am I glad I did! Even in the dead of winter the Green Turtle will warm your heart and soul full of fresh salt air and goodness. John and Karen are the perfect hosts. Our room was immaculate. Both rooms are so so cute and tastefully decorated! If you are looking for a five star hotel this ain't it. But, if you are looking for something different and a stay you will never forget, this IS IT. Both rooms are equally adorable with a little kitchenette (Karen has it stocked with all the essentials...wine opener/glasses/dish soap etc.) the breakfast Karen left us was delicious and hearty. The only small complaint we had was there was no hot water in the shower! The houseboat obviously has a water tank and our neighbors next door literally took every drop of hot water. But, all is forgiven. I can't even imagine how cool this place is in the summer. The hubby and I had a delicious, romantic dinner at the Charlestown Navy Bistro (recommended by the innkeepers) and bought a bottle of "seaglass" wine at the Tedeschi mart on the corner! You can't beat the view from the Turtle and I highly rec it for the adventurer. If you get sea sick easily stay away ;)

Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank TheBostonAccent
Blackburn, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2011

Stayed during the nor easter on January lots of snow which made Boston very beautiful.
Jon & karen were extremely welcoming and karen would often have some soup ready to warm me up after my adventures in the snow!

Fabulous place and will definately be back. Jon's tip of the free shuttle bus saved a fortune in taxi and ferry fares alone

• Stayed January 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank TelfordChris
clifton pk,ny
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2011

Our stay for my birthday weekend was cozy and warm with service that rivals a five star hotel. The inn keepers were both gracious and private which allowed us to feel like we were alone on an island with service one call away. It was truely a romantic weekend I will never forget.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
Tampa Bay, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2011

For a truely unique experience, try the Green Turtle. We adjusted the dates of our trip to Boston just so we could stay at the Green Turtle and were so pleased with our stay. You will love everything from the lovely interior decor to the yummy homemade breakfasts. Our hosts made us feel like family and were helpful in every way.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family