“cool !!!!!!!!”

W Boston
Ranked #26 of 84 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 10 January 2012

modern cool and hip hotel .
nice and large rooms .
awesome location .
will go back .

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 6 January 2012

Now admittedly we got a corporate rate that improved the value calculation but for style, attention and just plain cool atmosphere, W Boston takes top place. There are other places but they try a bit too hard;W makes it all seem so easy.

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed 5 January 2012

To clarify, this review is actually a 3.5!

I do love the W - it is clean, modern, hip and in a perfect location in Boston. My review would have been a 5 had I not just recently stayed at an Aloft. W is supposed to be the high end, big brother of Aloft. My recent stay at an Aloft in Portland was amazing and so I was expecting a lot from this W. I was a little disappointed.

Yes, the room was completely modern, clean and hip but it was the exact same as the Aloft. I felt like I was getting ripped off since I paid more than double a night to stay here (vs. Aloft). The bed and bedding was just basic. The bathroom has a screen for a privacy and only a semi private door and the furniture is cool looking but not super comfortable. None of the features feel high end and at $200+ dollars per night, I want luxury and high end.

I am not sure if it is all Ws or just this one but I feel like they work more on their hip vibe and amenities, that they do not care about their room. The W Boston did provided us with amazing service, including the concierge who scrambled to get us dinner reservations the morning of NYE. For that we are grateful but I cannot stop thinking about how disappointing the room was for the cost.

We had brunch at Market in the hotel and the restaurant was really good.

Overall, I do like this hotel but I think while the services and lobby match the price, the hotel room itself does not. If I had the choice between a W and a Westin at this price range, I would pick the Westin.

1  Thank FJTravler
Bill B, General Manager at W Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2012

Hi FJTraveler,

I wanted to reach out and thank you for the feedback on your stay at the W Boston. I am pleased you enjoyed the service and space. It is true that aloft hotels was inspired by W Brand and have similar trends. W's are unique as they are all designed around the culture and the space that surrounds them. There are many design features that customers relate to and those that don't, we appreciate your feedback and we look forward to your return and perhaps experience one of our other room types.

Cheers!

Bill Bunce, General Manager

Reviewed 5 January 2012

From the moment you walk in, you'll be taken aback by the impressive decor. The service that comes along with it creates a warm and welcoming feel.

The room was spectacular and truly makes you feel like you've really travelled someplace wonderful, while still feeling "homey".

I would certainly come back here again!

• Stayed: February 2011
Reviewed 4 January 2012

My husband and I needed a local night away from the kids, and we were pleased to spend it at the W Boston. We did not have to leave the building! The Bliss Spa is on the premises, where we both enjoyed treatments from fantastic therapists. The restaurant on property is Market by Jean Georges, where we had lunch, dinner and breakfast the next morning. Service all around was pleasant and accomodating. The rooms had all the amenities we needed, including snacks and iphone chargers! Due to the location, this is not a hotel where you should expect a fantasic view of the city, but it is close to everything!

Room Tip: Request a room not near the stairs or elevator. Very noisy.
Reviewed 3 January 2012

Wow, love this place. So modern and clean. Room is very chic. Mini-bar has food I would actually eat. Restaurant was great. Nice flat panel TV and surprisingly a DVD player. Bar and meeting area is very nice too. Love the lighting and decor. Service very attentive. Best travel hotel I've been to in a while. Never going back to the Doubletree when I'm in Boston.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 January 2012

This hotel certainly isnt short on contemporay flair. Unfortantely, the designers didnt put any thought into function.
Forget about sharing a double queen bedroom with friends or family. The bathroom wall is see through mesh! The room walls might as well be mesh too. You can hear a quiet conversation 50 feet down the hall and the couple two doors down having an intimate moment.
We stayed on the tenth floor and we're kept all night with the street noise. The curtains are cheap thin plastic and do nothing to buffer sound that resonates through the glass exterior.
You have to turn on the suite lights inorder to get the bathroom lights to work. The lights are also placed in odd locations, leaving wierd shadows or dark spots in the room/bathroom.
I have stayed in rat holes and 5 star hotels around the country and in Boston. This is by far one of the worse locations. Especially considering the $$$ per night. Stay at the Boston Harbor Hotel, Taj or Four Seasons if you want a 5 star experience worth the money.