“Great hotel, even better service”
Review of W Boston

W Boston
Ranked #26 of 84 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 3 December 2013

From the moment you arrive the staff are very welcoming. They greet you with a smile and are very willing to help. They even sent me a small snack when they learned it was my first time at the property. The bed was really comfortable as well. I certainly will return.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
WBostonAlison, Manager at W Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2013

Hi Ryan,
Thank you for joining us at W Boston! We're thrilled to hear your first visit was so welcoming. Our signature W bed will be waiting for you on your next stay! We look forward to seeing you soon.
Alison

Write a ReviewReviews (1,780)

Reviewed 3 December 2013

stayed at the W Boston for the third time in the last couple of years and as always was treated warmly and kindly by the entire staff...from the doormen to the front desk crew to the bartender.this hotel does everything right..the rooms are spacious and stylish...great amenities, responsive staff and a warm feeling that exists throughout the hotel...the lobby is always lively...a hot spot in the evenings.....but the staff is the key here..concierge desk is super helpful..a special shout out to them..and the location is convenient to all directions...my wife and i will be back on every trip to boston

Room Tip: corner rooms like ours ending in 27 are sensational
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Hi phillydave1950!
Thank you so much for your loyalty over the past couple of years. We couldn't agree more with your review: our team is the key to our success! Our concierge, bartenders, doormen and the rest of us look forward to welcoming you and your wife back the next time you're in Boston. As always, anything you need, just ask!

Reviewed 27 November 2013

What a great experience. My wife and I checked in and we were surprised by an upgrade to an amazing suite. The room was incredibly chic and modern with whimsical furniture, full bar, powder room, huge master bath and plenty of other amenities. The lobby bar was lively even on a Monday night.

The hotel is close to all of Boston's theatres including the Wilbur and the Citi Performing Arts Center, tans is a short walk to he Boston Common, Faneuil Hall and Boston Public Garden. There are literally dozens of great restaurants within walking distance.

Bravo!

Room Tip: Try to book a room that ends in 26.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Hi Brendan!
Thank you for joining us at W Boston. We're thrilled to hear you enjoyed your upgrade, and I'm so glad to hear it was a wonderful experience. We look forward to welcoming you and your wife back soon!

Reviewed 25 November 2013

My friends and I are all older (40+) with sophisticated tastes. As such, we really struggle to find fun places in Boston that are "too young" or cheesy. The Tunnel was a nice mix of people. While mostly mid- 20s, the crowd also had 30's and 40's mixed in. Everyone was clearly having fun, but everyone behaved themselves. There were no obnoxious, pushy youngsters. Tunnel had a very city / chic vibe.

I needed a last minute reservation on a Saturday night for a VIP table. I made the request on-line at The Tunnel website. Claudia got back to me right away. And while they generally do 2 Bottle minimum for table service, they were able to accommodate my smaller party of 4 and knock down the requirement to 1 bottle, which was nice considering a bottle of Grey Goose is $350.

After skipping the line and cover (due to the VIP table), we were greeted by Courtney who led us directly to our table and introduced us to our server, Lisa. We were made to feel comfortable and were never neglected. We had a great time dancing to the music! Some of us more than others! You know who you are!!

The lack of 5 star is that the music was techno top 40. IMHO, They could've done better by mixing in more South Beach Miami techno beat funk...

NOTE: We also had dinner before at the Market in the "W." Service was a bit slow, but the food was excellent!! FTR - I would rather have slow service than be rushed along. Our waiter was knowledgeable about the wine and accommodated my finickiness by allowing me to taste a couple selections before ordering a full glass, which was nice... I had the mushroom risotto and venison. My friends had burgers. Everything was prepared to order and tasty! A personal visit to our table by Chef Brian added a nice touch to the evening.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank necowgirl
Gurki S, General Manager at W Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

Hello Necowgirl,

Sounds like you enjoyed your experience at the Tunnel & Market. Hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

This is a W Hotel, so you´ll get a cool lobby, with cool people and cool music. The rooms are modern, clean, but nothing special. Comfortable, smaller rooms than expected, nice service and that´s it.
Service is ok. Breakfast is quite good, although the price will surprise you, because you will be paying like if you where in a 5 star grand luxury hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Gurki S, General Manager at W Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Hello GLSMAD,

Thank you for choosing the W during your visit to Boston and I am thrilled that you enjoyed the vibe of the W during your stay. In regards to breakfast pricing we do try to be competitive and I will share your feedback with my restaurant manager. Hope you will visit us again.

Reviewed 23 November 2013

We spent six nights in the W in Boston. We were very well welcomed by the nice Swiss receptionist Daniella. The room was very comfortable: two queen size beds very comfortable, the bathroom was convenient. Nothing to say about the cleanliness of the room. Three negatives points: as the hotel is located in front of the Stuart street, the room was (very) noisy; friday and saturday nights, the lobby of the hotel turns into a lounge/club and when we went back of evening the door keeper asked our hotel key card I felt insulted; last negative point, the hotel has overcharged our credit card and then, at the end of our stay, credited our card…we lost around 30$ in the operation due to the currency change. But I'm not vengeful and I give 4 points!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Hello Eddie 1232,

Sounds like you enjoyed your interaction with Daniella from the welcome desk and your overall stay. You made 3 negative observations as well and I am sorry that they impacted your stay and I have shared your feedback with my team so that we can improve on our delivery of service. We are located in the theater district with numerous entertainment venue surrounding us, which results in the W Lounge being very busy on weekends. For managing crowd control we do ask our guests for rooms keys, I assure you that this practice is only to ensure the safety and security of our guests. If I can be of further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me directly at gurkirat.singh@whotels.com.

All the best.

Reviewed 19 November 2013

While most of our hotel stays happen when we are on vacation or traveling for work, every once in a while we stay a night or two in the city to celebrate something special or just have a night out. We've stayed at the Liberty, Fairmont and Renaissance in the past but the W was hands-down the best experience of all. Apart from the regular luxuries you'd expect at a W property, the best thing going for this hotel is its location. The W is right in the middle of all the action in Boston with theaters, bars, clubs, restaurants and Boston Common all within walking distance.

Coming back to our experience - it was the super-quick reply to emails, the attention to detail for our requests, smooth check-in, the thoughtful extras in the room and the general attitude of the employees (all the way from the valet to the General Mananger) that really made this a special experience. As far as the rooms are concerned, they are very chic, appointed with a great deal of modern amenities. They may not be the largest rooms we've come across in the city but they were designed intelligently for maximum space utilization. While we're not big fans of the "Market" restaurant on property, we absolutely love their lobby bar & lounge. The lounge does tend to get a little crowded on weekends.

We also spent some time at Tunnel (the basement club in the hotel building), which was previously known as Descent. Great music and good vibe... just be mindful that the ceiling now has an orchestration of hundreds of bulbs all over that can sometimes be a little much! Nothing that a little alcohol can't help fix!

All in all, a great hotel in the middle of Boston with an exceptional staff.

P.S. Valet parking is not cheap at $47 for 24 hours but it does offer in/out privileges. There are plenty of other lots in the area if you don't care about moving your car!

P.P.S. We also tried massages at the Bliss Spa - really knowledgeable and experienced message therapists but the look/feel of the spa, or their amenities didn't blow us away.

Room Tip: The top half of the building are the W residencies so the highest that the hotel goes is 14 floors I...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Hello Sunny Dubai,

Thank you for your glowing endorsement of the W and the talent. You can always count on us when looking to mix it up in the city. Look forward to your next visit.