“Great service & accommodations, but noisy”
Review of W Boston

W Boston
Ranked #28 of 83 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Rockford, Illinois
“Great service & accommodations, but noisy”
Reviewed 13 January 2014 via mobile

The service at this W was amazing and the accommodations were wonderful, however they need to work on insulation. We were woken up 10-15 times per night due to the noise of doors slamming, fellow guests in the hall, the conversations in the next room, and traffic noise.

Additionally, thankfully the window cracked open as the room got incredibly hot and turning a/c on was not an option.

I'm a bath person and there was no tub, but there was an amazing shower.

I would stay here again and recommend, but bring along the ear plugs!

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
GMGurkiSingh, General Manager at W Boston, responded to this review, 14 January 2014
Hi CatC79,

We appreciate your fair and thorough review! I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the rainshower -- the bliss spa products are a great addition.

You've brought up some great points regarding our urban location, and I've shared your comments re. room temp with our Engineering team. Regarding the sound, earplugs are complimentary here -- just call Whatever/Whenever for a pair -- and we are installing sleep sound machines in our guest rooms as well.

Thank you again for the review, and I look forward to welcoming you back to Boston in the future.

Best,
W Boston

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (305)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Prag, Tschechien
Reviewed 8 January 2014

We booked a suite at this hotel and it got this "handicap" one which I would title as a big spacious room but not as a suite if you consider the view and interior, for the price overpaid!
But the location is good to start excursions in Boston by walking and do the sightseeing. For breakfast there are some places around and the concierge gave good hints. They have also a cool bar in the entering area.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Hi Cobavt,
Thank you for your review! I'm glad to hear you enjoyed our central downtown location, which is great to explore Boston's neighborhoods and historic sites.
We appreciate the feedback regarding the room, and have shared it with our Welcome Office team. Should you join us with your family in the future, I would suggest a Mega Double Room, perhaps with an adjoining room, which will offer ample space and more beds. Please feel free to contact me directly if I can be of assistance at gmgurkirat.singh@whotels.com.
General Manager, W Boston
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 January 2014

I always try to stay at a W when I can. Mainly because you know what you're getting. And when coming off a 12 hour flight that's exactly what you want. Not to be surprised.
It was my first time in Boston, didn't know any of the city, so the location surprised me a bit as the cab came out through the Chinatown. A bit sketchy. But after staying there a few nights I got my head around it all and it's actually an amazing location.
Room was great. Staff were amazing. Bar was super.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Hi elephantintheroom,
Thanks for the fantastic review! I am so glad that you enjoyed your first visit to Boston. We strive for memorable stays and consistently exceptional experiences at W Hotels Worldwide, and I'm glad to hear we exceeded those expectations. The next time you're in, stop by the W Lounge for cocktails -- the new furniture is perfect for mingling + mixing.
W Boston General Manager
Waltham, Massachusetts
Reviewed 31 December 2013

We arrived an hour or two early for our 3:00pm check in time and were still able to check in to our room upon arrival which was great! Caroline at the front desk was very friendly and even sent up a tray of cookies to the room since she knew that we were celebrating a special occasion, only finding out due to her asking what had brought us to the W. The room was very clean and the king size bed for the room was fantastic! I will also note that the toiletries in the bathroom are all the Bliss Spa brand from the hotel day spa - a nice treat for the shower! We also went to the lobby bar before going out to dinner and I must say, the drink menu was delicious. Overall, it was a great stay with an awesome location in the heart of the theater district in downtown Boston.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
GMGurkiSingh, General Manager at W Boston, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Hi Eric,
Thanks for the glowing review! If you like the bliss spa sinkside six products, you'll love the spa treatments: bliss spa is on our mezzanine level and open 9am-9pm, 7 days a week, for your next stay with us.
Happy New Year!
Gurki
GM, W Boston
Lowell, MA
Reviewed 29 December 2013

As a very frequent traveler, I spend a lot of time in other cities across the US and Canada. I spend an hour or two prior to any of the trips researching hotel options. I spend a lot of time on the road and have a certain spend limit per my company, so I always want the best I can get within my thresholds.

Let me preface this by mentioning I'm an SPG and Marriott Rewards Platinum. I stay at over 100+ properties per year. I mix in some boutiques (like Hotel Derek in Houston) every once in a while to keep it fresh.

the weekend I stayed at the Boston W was to get away from family. My wife and I live north of Bston and wanted some time to ourselves. Check in was simple and quick, very nice staff. However, the check in lady was new to the W and being trained, so was unfamiliar with their systems. my SPG status was not mentioned (no biggie, shes a trainee) and for some odd reason, even though I booked a Spectacular room, we ended up in the lower end room (Cozy or whatever).

My wife didn't want to make a big deal our of it, so whatever. Rookie mistake. Food downstairs was okay, the br and bartender were fantastic, great people, and valet so okay. The problem with valet is simply that the valet team spent more time chatting with each other then welcoming guests as they came in.

Overall, okay experience, I do have upcoming W says booked in other cities, but not quite sure if I'll come back to this one in Boston again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
GMGurkiSingh, General Manager at W Boston, responded to this review, 31 December 2013
Hi Michael,
Thank you for taking the time to write a fair and thorough review. As a valued SPG member we appreciate your feedback, and our Director of Operations, Matt Gabree, will be in touch directly regarding your concerns. We have shared your comments with our team so they are aware of how our response impacts valuable guests like you, and to ensure improvements are made in this area.
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 29 December 2013

The W Boston has everything that you need for a short business trip. Great location - easy check in, beautiful lobby and facilities, great bar for meeting up with friends. The service is impeccable. I am a Starwood platinum member with very high standards, and this one passes the test for those of you who are used to the service and quality levels of a W property.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Hi Marc--
Thank you for the great review! We appreciate your loyalty to Starwood, and look forward to welcoming you back soon. W Jakarta opens in just a couple years, so hope you'll get to enjoy a W in your hometown as well!
Looking forward to seeing you back in Boston in the future.
W Boston General Manager
New York, New York
Reviewed 21 December 2013

These guys don't leave anything to chance. The impeccable service coupled with modern luxury accommodations make the W Boston the place to stay when visiting bean town. I a Starwood platinum member from nyc with very high standards...rest assured this property meets all the requirements for the picky traveler. The staff will go out of their way to help you.

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank pickytraveler08
WBostonAlison, Manager at W Boston, responded to this review, 23 December 2013
Hi pickytraveler08: with a handle like yours, we have to admit that we're ecstatic that we exceeded your expectations! Thank you for your SPG loyalty, and as always, anything you need, just ask.
Happy Holidays from all of us in Boston!
All the best,