“Read for what to avoid. I'll be back though!”
Review of W Boston

W Boston
Ranked #30 of 84 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 2 May 2014

This place is snazzy, swanky and high end. Between that, the great staff, good food and the location I will be returning! Why I didn't feel this deserved excellent were an accumulation of small inconveniences. My biggest complaint was that the breakfast we ordered was a disappointment after such a delicious dinner there the night before. The breakfast potatoes were coated in salt, they seem to sneek tomatoes onto everything which I hate and specifically asked what was on each plate to avoid, and I was very excited about the hot chocolate which turned out to be watery with none of the promised toppings. Our initial understanding of the screen-wall between the bath and the living room was that my boyfriend, who loves baths, could watch tv with me without leaving the tub. However the faucet was on the wrong side! Lastly for whatever reason there were two thermostats that needed to be set separately, being on the 6th floor meant our views were of the office building next door, and the nice-sized television was set to a weird aspect ratio that made everything blurry. Obviously, for all my complaints the experience was still overall a great one and hopefully if you know these things in advance you can avoid them and get an even better experience like I hope to the next time a good comedian comes to the Wilbur Theater!

Room Tip: Higher floors may have a better view
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ready4Anythn
GMGurkiSingh, General Manager at W Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Hi Ready4Anythn,
Thank you for your comprehensive review! I'm glad you enjoyed our theatre district location, right across the street from the Wilbur.
I've shared your feedback regarding breakfast and the bathtub with our team. Please feel free to contact me at gmgurkirat.singh@whotels.com when you book your next visit, as I know we can ensure a 5 star rating on your next trip!
All the best,
Gurki

Reviewed 2 May 2014

This weekend my wife and I had the pleasure of staying at this hotel. We had a wonderful experience starting with the Valet Service, they could not do enough for us.
When we arrived our room was ready and waiting for us. The room was on the 12th Floor, and was emaculate. The design of the room made me feel like I was in SoHo in Manhattan.
We ordered room service which arrived right on scheduale, and enjoyed a breakfast in the lounge.
My wife and I are looking forward to our next stay!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Hi carrieriml,
Thank you for a great review! I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope you'll find time to take advantage of bliss spa on your next visit, as it's a great way to unwind in the middle of a city trip. I look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 29 April 2014

This hotel was very nice, rooms were very clean and boutique like. The location was great for walking to almost everything, Boston Common,theatre district, shopping, restaurants. We even walked to the aquarium and Quince Market.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
GMGurkiSingh, General Manager at W Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Hi Valerie B,

Thank you for joining us at W Boston. I'm glad you took full advantage of our theatre district location. I hope you'll have a chance to experience bliss spa on your next stay -- their pedicure is a treat after a long day of walking!

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

I have stayed at a few W hotels and each time they woo me. The hotel is always clean and the staff is super nice, but its the little things that make it. Here are a few. When you walk into your room you smell something --no its not the normal crappy room smell, they must infuse a scent into the air filter. Thunderbolt charger for iPad and iPhone and a slew of plugs everywhere. Free internet! nothing bugs me more than going into a 5 star hotel and having to be nickel and dimd for stuff. Overall great experience.

Room Tip: they will always upgrade you so don't pay full price.

Hi Andy D,

Thank you for your loyalty to W Hotels! We were so glad to welcome you to Boston. I'm thrilled to hear you enjoyed our new tech refreshes, like complimentary wifi for upgraded rooms and lots of outlets so you can refuel all your devices. We look forward to welcoming you back soon -- hope you'll have a chance to sample our new spring cocktails on your next visit!

Reviewed 28 April 2014

The W Boston is a great property with all of the fine details and swanky accomodations you'd come to expect from a W hotel. Personally, I live in Las Vegas and work for another amazing property (who shall not be named) and felt like a total celebrity upon entering; as I know we aim to do in Las Vegas. From a hotelier's perspective, I'm pleased with the 3 emails I received while on property, the nice water at the front desk, the ear plugs and mask by the bed and the poem above the sink (K suite). Great service from a young med school student who had a lot of positive things to say about working there, happy employees make for happy guests, and a nice voicemail before I checked out asking about the status of my stay. Impressed and was happy to spend some $$$ at the lobby bar and enjoy the pretty crowd. Thank you!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
GMGurkiSingh, General Manager at W Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Hi Autumn P,
Thank you for the great review -- it means a lot coming from a hospitality industry colleague! Great talent result in great stays, and I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your experience at W Boston. I look forward to welcoming you back to Boston soon; hope you'll have a chance to try bliss spa on your next visit!

Reviewed 26 April 2014

I am very particular about the hotels I stay at but let me tell you that the W hotel is one of the best ones out there if not the best. The staff was very very helpful, the breakfast was amazing. I went to this hotel for a romantic getaway with my fiancé, overall I rate this hotel a 5/5 if I could go any higher I would.

Room Tip: Stayed in room 927 had an amazing view of Boston
1  Thank Xavier A

Hi Xavier! Your review made my day -- thank you. I'm thrilled to hear you enjoyed your romantic escape, and look forward to welcoming you & your fiance back soon! (Remember, we do weddings!)
Gurki

Reviewed 24 April 2014

Just back from running the Boston marathon - I stayed 3 nights at W Boston and it was wonderful. The location was perfect, the staff always friendly and helpful, the room was great. But what impressed me the most was the superb reception we were given when we hobbled back from the finish line. There were endless free smoothies being made by staff and handed out at the entrance, bags of nuts and trail mix for anyone who wanted some and even laurel wreaths for the exhausted runners to wear. I've run a few marathons now - but never had such a great reception for guests and non guests alike. A huge thank you again from London.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
GMGurkiSingh, General Manager at W Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Hi Sophie W,

Thank you for your wonderful review; I'm thrilled to hear that your post-marathon welcome back was so memorable! We are here for you 24/7, pls do reach out if we can assist with anything. Hope to see you next April, if not sooner!

General Manager, W Boston

ps: I suggest booking the Extreme Sports Massage at bliss spa for your next stay!