“Not great”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
San Francisco, California
“Not great”
Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

I travel a lot on business and usually don't review work travel hotels. Decided to write this review because of such poor service in breakfast restaurant. Order was wrong. Took forever to get coffee, place order and get check. Food was fine but service is terrible.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank RobAfrica
GMGurkiSingh, General Manager at W Boston, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Hi RobAfrica,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. As a frequent traveler, we appreciate your feedback, as we understand that the hotels that you stay at truly are your home away from home.
We generally receive good comments on our Breakfast Lounge, and your feedback has been shared with the team. I would appreciate the opportunity to connect directly regarding your restaurant experience, and get a better idea of your overall hotel stay. My email address is Gurkirat.singh@whotels.com, and I look forward to hearing from you.
General Manager, W Boston

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (297)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Probably the most eclectic hotel in Boston. Our room was decorated as good as the coolest hotels in NYC. The service was outstanding. Every staff member went way out of their way to make sure we were comfortable and all of our needs were met. The bar was fun but at 3 am I could still hear the bass of the music in our room on the 11th floor. The restaurant was another great experience. the staff was well informed and attentive. Staying at the W was the icing on the cake to my stay in Boston. I would definitely return.

Hi Boston13twin,
Thank you for the great review! I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed our vibrant design and service. The next time you're with us, I suggest an escape to Boston's only bliss spa, loacted on our mezzanine level -- it's a great way to unwind.
We're always here for you, and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.
East Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed 13 May 2014

The W Hotel Boston turned out to be the smartest choice I could have made for my weekend trip. Right in the middle of the theater district and literally across the street from the Wang Theater.

I arrived very early and asked if I could check my bag while I walked around the city until check-in time. They very graciously told me my room was available and I was allowed to check-in three hours early! The staff members I was in contact with were genuinely interested in my opinions and comments.

My room was quite spacious -- sleek and modern, in shades of grey, black, and white. Spacious bathroom stocked with Bliss Spa products. An wide array of mini-bar items including shots of oxygen! I mean, where else are you going to find that? Along with all types of docking stations, a Bose audio system, there were the small things that made the stay comfortable, such as a nature sound machine next to the bed and a kaleidoscope on the desk just for fun!

But as a solo traveler, the two things I appreciated most had to do with security 1) the fact that at reception, your room number is NEVER spoken out loud. Your key is presented to you in a small folder and slid across the counter with the room number written on the underside. You would not believe how many high end hotels still announce your room number for all to hear. And 2) the elevators in the Lobby will not operate without inserting your room key. This was a real plus to me and will bring me back again for sure.

The only con I can think of is minor. I would have appreciated a booklet in the room detailing the location and hours of the bar, lounge, restaurant, spa, hotel policies, attractions within walking distance, etc.

Thanks for a wonderful weekend, W! I will be back on my next trip to Boston.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Hi DonnaD,
Thank you for your glowing review! With our urban location, guest safety and comfort is a top priority, and I'm glad to hear you appreciate our team's efforts.
If you liked the munchie box's O2 shot, I suggest trying bliss spa's Triple Oxygen facial on your next visit -- it's a whole treatment designed around infusing oxygen into the skin.
We're always here for you, and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Just checked in and wanted to immediately review this amazing property! Book here right now! Don't delay! At this point, I have stayed in just about every medium to upscale hotel property in greater Boston and this is the best. There are 5 star properties in Boston and yet none of them come close to the W. Clean, modern, young, attentive to detail, and deals can be had via Hotel Tonight and others. Spotless in every part of the building. Plugs for iPhones and Android of all types. Free (I think?) internet. Bose soundlink with bluetooth. In the heart of the theatre and nightlife districts. Access to the MBTA on the red/green/orange/silver lines. Make a trip to Boston just to stay here. Book it now. What are you waiting for? Book this hotel!

Room Tip: As for a room that faces Downtown Crossing and not the South End because the views on that side are...
Green Features: Excellent! Commendable. Appreciate the attention to the environment when I travel. Keep it up!
Hi Codydean,
Thank you for your wonderfully enthusiastic review! We are thrilled to have you with us. Complimentary internet is included with all upgraded room types of Fabulous and above, and also free in the W Lounge.
Hope to see you in the aforementioned W Lounge for a cocktail!
Reviewed 2 May 2014

This place is snazzy, swanky and high end. Between that, the great staff, good food and the location I will be returning! Why I didn't feel this deserved excellent were an accumulation of small inconveniences. My biggest complaint was that the breakfast we ordered was a disappointment after such a delicious dinner there the night before. The breakfast potatoes were coated in salt, they seem to sneek tomatoes onto everything which I hate and specifically asked what was on each plate to avoid, and I was very excited about the hot chocolate which turned out to be watery with none of the promised toppings. Our initial understanding of the screen-wall between the bath and the living room was that my boyfriend, who loves baths, could watch tv with me without leaving the tub. However the faucet was on the wrong side! Lastly for whatever reason there were two thermostats that needed to be set separately, being on the 6th floor meant our views were of the office building next door, and the nice-sized television was set to a weird aspect ratio that made everything blurry. Obviously, for all my complaints the experience was still overall a great one and hopefully if you know these things in advance you can avoid them and get an even better experience like I hope to the next time a good comedian comes to the Wilbur Theater!

Room Tip: Higher floors may have a better view
Green Features: Did not even notice, they must be very nonintrusive.
1 Thank Ready4Anythn
Hi Ready4Anythn,
Thank you for your comprehensive review! I'm glad you enjoyed our theatre district location, right across the street from the Wilbur.
I've shared your feedback regarding breakfast and the bathtub with our team. Please feel free to contact me at gmgurkirat.singh@whotels.com when you book your next visit, as I know we can ensure a 5 star rating on your next trip!
All the best,
Gurki
New York
Reviewed 2 May 2014

This weekend my wife and I had the pleasure of staying at this hotel. We had a wonderful experience starting with the Valet Service, they could not do enough for us.
When we arrived our room was ready and waiting for us. The room was on the 12th Floor, and was emaculate. The design of the room made me feel like I was in SoHo in Manhattan.
We ordered room service which arrived right on scheduale, and enjoyed a breakfast in the lounge.
My wife and I are looking forward to our next stay!

Hi carrieriml,
Thank you for a great review! I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope you'll find time to take advantage of bliss spa on your next visit, as it's a great way to unwind in the middle of a city trip. I look forward to welcoming you back soon!
toronto
Reviewed 29 April 2014

This hotel was very nice, rooms were very clean and boutique like. The location was great for walking to almost everything, Boston Common,theatre district, shopping, restaurants. We even walked to the aquarium and Quince Market.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
GMGurkiSingh, General Manager at W Boston, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Hi Valerie B,

Thank you for joining us at W Boston. I'm glad you took full advantage of our theatre district location. I hope you'll have a chance to experience bliss spa on your next stay -- their pedicure is a treat after a long day of walking!

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon.